• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between the first and second run FD available on the discmania store?

What's the difference between the first and second run FD available on the discmania store?

First runs have a fair amount of dome and are stable. First runs are very straight flying with a slight fade. These are harder to find. This is my favorite run of the FD and the only run I bag.

Second runs are flat and pearly (have bubbles in the rim). This disc is very stable/straight with a fade at the end of flight. This disc holds up to power well and will beat in very straight. I would say this flies slightly farther than the first runs.

Third runs flight is right in the middle of the first and second runs. I have heard this run gives the best of both worlds as far as flight goes.

First runs have a fair amount of dome and are stable. First runs are very straight flying with a slight fade. These are harder to find. This is my favorite run of the FD and the only run I bag.

Second runs are flat and pearly (have bubbles in the rim). This disc is very stable/straight with a fade at the end of flight. This disc holds up to power well and will beat in very straight. I would say this flies slightly farther than the first runs.

Third runs flight is right in the middle of the first and second runs. I have heard this run gives the best of both worlds as far as flight goes.

Thanks D.T. :)

Are P2x's going top happen?!

I just got a D and X P1x, after putting with Ions last year. I liked them without the wind I was crusing from 25 ft in the garage all night, but with wind I was hoping for a little more fade.

I'm wondering If a P2 would be similar to my Ion? I don't like that I'm putting with Neutron plastic, very slick. And I would imagine a P2 with a medium bead would be even a tick more OS so I don't want to buy a P2 if P2x's will be a thing soon!!

Thanks

I just got a D and X P1x, after putting with Ions last year. I liked them without the wind I was crusing from 25 ft in the garage all night, but with wind I was hoping for a little more fade.

I'm wondering If a P2 would be similar to my Ion? I don't like that I'm putting with Neutron plastic, very slick. And I would imagine a P2 with a medium bead would be even a tick more OS so I don't want to buy a P2 if P2x's will be a thing soon!!

Thanks

IMO MVP discs are severely lacking in glide. P2's are overstable enough to be thrown off the tee, on the approach, and obviously are great for both push and spin putters (Avery and Simon both use them, and their putting styles are very contrasting). You really can't get a better beadless putter.

Hey Guys, Sorry for taking so long to get answers posted.

Yes! I frequently order F2 from the Innova Proshop and X-Outs from you guys. I find your stock to be much more interesting because I get lots of fun tournament and misprint stamps.

Thank you for the interesting insight. We will keep that in mind for social media posts. We might have to start sharing pictures of the X-OUTS for you guys.

I agree with that! I love throwing unique x-out discs and would pick them up more frequently with a few teasers thrown out there :)

Thanks for the info!

A few ideas...

Realistic Ideas:
MF MD3's and FD's! Black P-line P2's with a EO stamp would be awesome too!

Long Shot Ideas:
a special run s-line FD2 or G-line DD

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Glad to see your team made it through the VRoc madness!

Just barely made it through, Thanks for the ideas of what you would like to see for the future fundraiser discs.

I'm mainly waiting for P1x to get stocked. Besides that, I always look at the x-outs to see if anything cool pops up. I think I enjoy the x-outs more then anything lol

P1x are restocked!

Same here on the P1xs, particularly in X-line. I need to grab a stack of them for practice putting.

We will be getting them back in stock as soon as possible.

European Open fundraiser flat stiff c-line md2s!!! Please.

We will keep that in mind. Have you tried our flatter MD3?

MF MD3 for EO is a kickass idea for sure. fix that very OS DM midrange slot "problem" in the process. I bag a glow MD3 from the last time EO was around, not only for collectors!

The newest run of the Glow MD3 is even more overstable. They are up on the Discmania Store now.

Sorry, i was thinking all wrong, took me a second to realize that JLS is Millennium. Sorry. Still would like to try a FD someday if I could find one in my weight

What is your weight?

metal flake MD3, FD, PD, PD2. I could see all of those molds selling fast.

Interesting. We will keep that in mind for the future fundraisers.

There are mf cpd's

yes for the Aussie Open fundraiser.

Yeah! And they bring the BEEF!!! Believe that!

Do you think they are more overstable than the glow PD?

I want some of the MF but my PD collection is reaching a pretty stupid number.

Other than one PD that was ganked out of the fairway by some jerk, I haven't had to put in a new disc out of my back ups in over two seasons.

(not including the ones in my bag)

5x first run c

4x 6th run JL c

10x Freak Stamp s

and a handful of g line and p line.....

But think that the molds that I suggested being run in MF as the euro open discs would be hot sellers.

interesting. Thanks for the information.

I would love to see glow p-line p2, fd in another plastic (x-line or p-line), p1x in p-line, p2x in x-line, stiff flat glow c-line pd, color glow c-line fd pd and p3!

Interesting. well at least one of those are coming for sure :)

oh yes, forgot. golor glow everything, including the kitchen sink!

maybe a color glow C-LINE MD3 next?

D-MD3, KC-MD3, G-PD2, G-DD....

You guys would make a killing with some of those discs

Flat MF C-P2

And some special Metal Flake discs too

Thanks for the information. Might see those one day.

Any chance we will see more black p-line P2's produced? I am having some serious sellers remorse from letting mine fly the coup. Would love to pick some up for spring!

There's always a chance for more of those in the future.

Will we see a truly understable midrange in the Discmania line up? The MD2 and MD3 seems to have the slightly to moderately overstable slot covered, it would be great to have something in the straight to slightly understable slot in a premium plastic.

Yes you will see this slot filled.

retool the MD1 already!

Working on it. We want it to be perfect before we release it.

I want to start by saying I love the discs you guys are putting out, and the amount of info you give us about them. Super cool. Thanks for listening to the people.

Your shipping is really pricey. Even the Innova Factory store (which is very expensive too) gives you the over $80 free shipping which is a nice incentive to grab a stack of discs rather than 1 or 2. It's just harsh to pay MSRP for your discs (when I can get some of them for less at other online stores and get free shipping) and then pay through the nose for shipping too.

I'm not going to stop buying from you because of it, but I personally always buy at least $80 worth of discs from Innova for the free shipping and I would do the same at your store. Think about it!

Thank you for the insight. We offer the free shipping periodically throughout the year. We don't offer it at the moment all the time but we have heard your opinion.

Not sure if it's been asked or not. Just a question for fun.. is there going to be a Simon Lizotte signature blizzard boss?

Unfortunately I honestly don't know about this subject. I work on our discs, sorry :)

Colored glow cmd3's and cpd's ,please? :)

Thanks for the request. We like having all the requests, it really lets us know what you guys want.

Or any flat glow cmd'2s in the near future?

We'll consider it for sure.

^^^^ What he said!!! On another note, I received my box of first run xp1x today. Each disc was bagged separately and I just wanted to point out what awesome customer service Discmania has. I can spent my hard earned money anywhere I like and I keep coming back to the same place. I would however like to see a shipping break if you spend over $80 in one shot as would others. Keep up the great work down there and I will keep sending you the cash I earn up here!

Thanks for the kind words. We try to ship out first runs and fundraiser discs bagged. Thanks for the insight on the shipping too.

Try to find the run of jolly launcher flat MD3's - ignore the # after the MD that run is really straight.

Very true. The Flat runs came out really straight much like the first run Roc3s

apparently the new run of JL MD2's are really straight. i really wish they would make the MD1 something comet/fuse like with a similar rim kind of rim shape as the MD2/MD3. i love the fuse but ive never really liked that really concave rim shape.

We are working on that slot. Hopefully we will have something for you guys sooner than later.

Other than once in a while happy accidents (2nd run FD) a wide variation of flights from the same mold between runs is for the birds.

I'm a fellow discmaniac and these are some suggestions/observations/stream of consciousness thought barf

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED! (including that there will always be a *slight* variation between runs, there are already variations of runs/plastics to cover *most slots*)

Compared to the distance and fairway line ups, the mids are a mess.

the name of the game is consistency..

all MD3s should be overstable.

all MD2s should be stable.

all MD1s(after the possible retool) should fly understable.

these three flight paths plus the GM as a tweener/utility beefcake MD4** would be a complete midrange line up that rivals the competitors.

there is barely any distinction between the MD1/MD2/MD3 at least not enough to cover all bag slots (truly overstable/truly understable). They are all stable/straight to fade flyers

Please don't just start shoehorning mold after mold into the line up.

If discmania could offer a complete range of mid flight paths from understable to overstable (md1/md2/md3/md4**) keeping simplicity (number of molds) and consistency paramount (they fly like they should), they would be ahead of the game.

I love how discmania has kept a close eye on variations and made it a point to know the subtleties of flight paths. Being proactive and vocal as to which ones you're buying has seriously separated them from the competition (for the better) in my eyes..

BUT!

wouldn't it be easier if all MD3s flew like MD3s?

Very good points. The variation between the the MD2 and MD3 right now is that one is flatter and faster and the other one has a bit of a dome. We are working on making our disc line up perfect. Thank you for taking the time to write out your thoughts for us.

I must commend you for the stock stamp x-line P2 with a mini store stamp! I would love to see this done on other molds :) reminds me of when innova puts mini wings on stock stamps. Just a nice touch and nice look! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, We will consider it for sure.

This would be awesome. If I recall, Discmania's glow plastic is softer than Jolly Launcher which would be great. Flat/gummier would be a dream. It's basically impossible to find the old opaque CMD2s anywhere.

Thanks for your thoughts. Have you tried our flat C-LINE MD3s? They are very straight but can still handle the power the same way the older MD2s did.

get a glow MD3, in my experience they are 99,9% the same disc as good 'ol flat opaque cmd2s

I believe the MD3s are overstable, but i've been wrong before.

I think a flat topped glow c-line GM would also be a great fundraiser disc

Interesting. The GM seems to have a pretty good following.

i thought the glow MD3's were actually beefy? the opaque cmd2's started out with solid fade but i wouldn't call them beefy. i guess i need to buy one to see for myself.

i also would be ecstatic if they brought back the gummier plastic for CMD2's, if that means glow plastic whatever. im just overall not a huge fan of the hard slick plastic for my mids; that's why i'm hoarding the opaque gummies.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

thats what people keep saying but the two glow md3s i have are indentical, slightly power hungry maybe but straight with moderate fade. forehand given a good snap they are surprisingly long and super straight.

maybe my md2 was a freak? dunno, anyways IMO these were the perfect replacement to when I lost it

The glow C-LINE MD3s are really good. Simon Lizotte is using the new domey Glow C-MD3.

I feel like a flat topped GM would fly like a badass slim profile gator.. or an MD4* :thmbup:

Interesting idea.

that pretty much describes the opaques i have; then after you beat them in a bit the fade kinda dies off but the high speed stability stays. to me the first JL run were more power hungry and the flats really lacked glide and the domier ones faded to early. even the ones i beat in still didn't fly as well as the opaques, they just wouldn't get up and go the same way.

they're saying the new run of JL's are more like the originals so I'll have to check those out but I still would rather have a softer plastic for my mids.

Have you tried the newer run of the C-LINE MD2?

G-Line FDs and FD2s in the future?

We have G-LINE FDs.

G- line FDs exist.

True.

they actually have Factory Seconds G-FDs and D-FD (yup DX FDs for $6.00) at the Innova Factory Store. There is also first run X-out G-FDs (only in max weight though) at the Discmania online store.

We should have more of these when we get our x-out stock updated.

Do you guys not produce a lot of lighter weight C line plastic? It seems like 170-171 is the lightest I usually find online, even at the Discmania store. Do the lighter weights not mold up how you want them? Just curious as to how that decision gets made.

Cliff notes: I'd love to find a 167g 3rd run or later C FD and C CD2 :D

At the moment all of the lighter C-LINE FDs we have are the hard pearly 2nd run. Which I believe is not what you're looking for.

We will take a look at the CD2 situation and get them if they are available.

Those were the two exceptions, I forgot to mention those. Those light FD's are my favorites, 166-169 are right in my wheelhouse.

I'd love a non blizzard DD2 or even a PD2 that light

I believe we have some of the PD2s available right now. they are either mini shield stamped and stock stamped.

The low 160s s line dd2s from hero flat out bombed. Think that's the longest forehand disc I've thrown.

Interesting. Maybe we will have to take a trip over there and see if they have any left.

Yes, agreed. Since it's not my place to speak on that part of the operation, I'll just say it's something they're aware of. :)

I've had some of the same issues in switching over from the Roc/Roc3/Shark3 combo I was using, but thanks to the tireless efforts of the legendary Ryan Rintala I've got a good set together now.

Glow C-MD3's are overstable
new run C-MD3's (more dome) are stable
flat C-MD2's are drifty with some fade
flat gummy JL MD3's are point-and-shoot line holders

Hope this helps for now.

Thanks for the kind words. We try to help out anyone that calls in too. Anybody out there please feel free to call the store and we will try to help you with what you're looking for.

yarp

Ryan is the man.

Awe thanks guys, you're making me blush.

are the glow MD3's on the site domey or flat?

The new glow MD3s have moderate dome. It's the most overstable mid we have right now.

First run FDs fly straight with high glide and 2nd runs fly straight with extra high speed stability and harder fade.

Thanks

So P-Line FD's?

Still working on a couple things first before we move on to new creations.

Thanks

P2x will not be coming that soon. When we tested them the P2 was more overstable. But then again that was a C-LINE P2.

Nice looking glow discs in the store right now. Too bad they're all max wt. :-/

thanks, unfortunately they are all heavy at the moment. The glow C-LINE FDs are actually one of the more understable versions of the FD

IMO MVP discs are severely lacking in glide. P2's are overstable enough to be thrown off the tee, on the approach, and obviously are great for both push and spin putters (Avery and Simon both use them, and their putting styles are very contrasting). You really can't get a better beadless putter.

Thanks, we really love the P2 it really gets the job done.

Whew! finally caught up, thanks for all of the comments and questions guys! It's great to hear from all of the current and future Discmaniacs!

Best Regards,
Ryan Rintala

Dear lord...that was a whole bunch rolled up into one. Thanks for always keeping us in the know Ryan.

If only all manufacturers had customer service like this, answering every single question in this thread. I even accidentally emailed Ryan yesterday when I meant to email a different Ryan here at work and he ended up answering a bunch of questions I had about MD2s and MD3s. Great guy to work with.

I do love how Discmania recognizes and celebrates the differences between different production runs and sells them separately with different descriptions. It makes buying new discs that much easier... but ends up hurting my diminishing PayPal balance :D

Seeing this thread is basically the reason I went out and bought 3 FD's 4 PD's 2 P1x's a glow MD3.. CD2..

And since your answered my P2X question... No worries, I already went out and bought 2 172G P-line P2's ;) my pointer finger sits absolutely perfect on that rim. I haven't gotten to putt these yet but I'm thinking they will be my main putter.

You're the bomb. My bag will always consist of Discmania from here on out.

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about making vinyl decal for cars. I know I would love to have a big discmania shield on my back window.

G-line PD2s? Bueller?

I love seeing some of the limited stock discs pop up on your store. I'll definitely be looking to pick up some more glow MD3s, etc. However, there's no way G-PD2s wouldn't be a success. I have a good mix of PD2s in the bag, but I think a G-PD2 (especially a domey one) would be perfect for big s-curve bombs after a little beating in. I have a couple first run euro-open C-PD2s but they took an eternity to get to that point and I would hate to lose them. Additionally it would be nice to have the same disc with a little less HSS. When I bagged destroyers, I went S/DS, champ DS, *D, echo DS in order of stability. It would be nice to be able to do the same with PD2s in premium plastic.

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about making vinyl decal for cars. I know I would love to have a big discmania shield on my back window.

I doubt they would have any opposition to you having one done for yourself. They do own the logo copyrights but I think the free advertisement would be a good trade off.

After throwing X-line for the first time today (P1X), I wonder if it will be rolled out in other molds too? X-P2s are a thing I know, but maybe drivers too if it holds up well. XT PDs would be sick and with that tackyness you could get crazy snap on them too...

Does the new flatter run of pd2s have bubbles in the rim? I ordered a couple and they have bubbles, dome and fly just like the previous run. Just making sure I received the correct discs.

After throwing X-line for the first time today (P1X), I wonder if it will be rolled out in other molds too? X-P2s are a thing I know, but maybe drivers too if it holds up well. XT PDs would be sick and with that tackyness you could get crazy snap on them too...

XT PDs, yes please.

Think you'll ever make D-line PDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts