• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Simon sold his entire bag, is there a new "in the bag" on the way? Ian said he's throwing a DD3 and an Instinct now...

I know he was throwing a lot of DD3 here in Colorado (303 and flatirons tags). Wasnt sure if it were just the elevation or not, I imagine he will like them at sea level too.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Discmania Support Reply

Glow Metal Flake MD3's??? Sounds interesting. Any insider info on how they fly? Also, any word on more p line MD3's?

There should be plenty of P-Line MD3 online currently with our store stamp on them. If we run out, we've got more! No whites though.

Was there a change to the wing on the DD3? I saw an original "Cloud Breaker" rim depth of 1.2 and recently saw an updated "DD3" rim depth of 1.1. In comparison a PD2 is 1.2 and a DDX is 1.1. That slight difference is enough for me to not really enjoy the DDX as much.

Was there a change to the wing on the DD3? I saw an original "Cloud Breaker" rim depth of 1.2 and recently saw an updated "DD3" rim depth of 1.1. In comparison a PD2 is 1.2 and a DDX is 1.1. That slight difference is enough for me to not really enjoy the DDX as much.

Per the "PDGA Approved Disc Golf Discs" page I found the information I was looking for. Here are the disc dimensions from the original Cloud Breaker to the retested DD3. I also added the DDX and PD2 to show the similarities between them and the DD3 retest as well:

Cloud Breaker
Max Weight: 174.3gr
Diameter: 21.0cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm

Rim Thickness: 2.4cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.3cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 26.25
Flexibility: 12.13kg

DD3
Max Weight: 175.1gr
Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm

Inside Rim Diameter: 16.3cm
Rim Configuration: 26.25
Flexibility: 12.13kg

DDX
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm

Rim Thickness: 2.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 28.75
Flexibility: 11.34kg

PD2

Height: 1.9cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 16.4cm
Rim Configuration: 27.25
Flexibility: 12.25kg

The differences from the original Cloud Breaker to the DD3 retest were made bold. I also made the dimensions of the DDX bold that were the same as the DD3. I saw the video of Jussi saying they wanted to make the DD3 retest a little less stable from the original Cloud Breaker. The dimensions make it seem like the offspring of a PD2 and DDX. Hopefully leaning more on the side of a PD2 in feel. We shall see when I get my hands on a few. Keep on hucking my fellow Discmaniacs.

I'm excited about the DD3 and Iron Samurai dropping tomorrow, but I'm curious if there's any updated info on when a stock run of the F2v3 will be released? Loving the Royal Rage.

That mad scramble to complete a checkout for an MD3 and DD3 was not fun.

1) put a limit on how many discs one customer can buy on new/limited releases.
2) once you click "checkout" the items in your cart should not be able to be sniped as you are selecting shipping and filling out payment. I had to reselect discs 4 times after selecting shipping.

2) once you click "checkout" the items in your cart should not be able to be sniped as you are selecting shipping and filling out payment. I had to reselect discs 4 times after selecting shipping.

Being a discmaniac looks like hard work.😥

Literally the reason I have purged all of my discmania.
Side note, I have a c line md4, 3 p line, a glow pd2, and a first run md5 if interested in any. I'll be in Oxford on Saturday for work

Literally the reason I have purged all of my discmania.
Side note, I have a c line md4, 3 p line, a glow pd2, and a first run md5 if interested in any. I'll be in Oxford on Saturday for work

Too popular now on release day so I don't throw it anymore?

I forgot this was the internet and any constructive feedback would be taken as being butthurt.

Too popular now on release day so I don't throw it anymore?

Too popular, in combination with minimal supply. I've spent 3 years attempting to play the game. It's not worth the 2nd hand market prices when 3 other manufacturers have similar discs readily available at a reasonable price.

The small batch runs force you to buy multiples before ever testing the disc, or run a risk of never having a backup.

Too popular, in combination with minimal supply. I've spent 3 years attempting to play the game. It's not worth the 2nd hand market prices when 3 other manufacturers have similar discs readily available at a reasonable price.

The small batch runs force you to buy multiples before ever testing the disc, or run a risk of never having a backup.

There are 183 available at 18 each on the Discmania page right now. Yours truly may also have just about every discmania disc in stock as well as many other awesome dealers also.

It's popular for good reason 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts