• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official peg warmer thread

I gotta admit when I read the title I thought it would be the official thread about wives and girlfriends. I had to read the first post.

Never seen discs on a peg though. In a rack or in boxes.

I gotta admit when I read the title I thought it would be the official thread about wives and girlfriends. I had to read the first post.

Never seen discs on a peg though. In a rack or in boxes.

^^^ LMFAO! I thought the exact same thing...I was like, "never heard it called that before, hmmm"

I keep trying to like the Starfire because ever store that carries Innova has a bunch in stock. Also, almost every person who has a box of used discs in their trunk has as least one. That's a disc that you know you could replace anywhere anytime.

Ha, I love Starfires and I want more, and I even have one in my trunk to get rid of.

I keep trying to like the Starfire because ever store that carries Innova has a bunch in stock. Also, almost every person who has a box of used discs in their trunk has as least one. That's a disc that you know you could replace anywhere anytime.

Haha I wish it was one I could use as well. The local PIAS has about 30 even more than Grooves. The local shop and all major retailers around here only seem to move any if they are dyed.

Just too flippy to throw max FH and too stable for max BH for me. Doesn't tommy awesome either. Just a kind of C+ disc in a world where there are so many A level available.

"Peg warmer" is an old collector's term for items that don't sell, taking up space, keeping you from getting in the new stuff you really want....

NCgamedog,

I go to that store on a regular basis, their used selection is so large that I never buy new disc. I can usually find a used version of what I am trying to find.

NCgamedog,

I go to that store on a regular basis, their used selection is so large that I never buy new disc. I can usually find a used version of what I am trying to find.

Man, really wish we had a PIAS here. The closest one is over 2 hours away.
I love used discs!

Warmer of the week - Blizzard Mamba
The Omega putters and Dx Aviars outsold the Birdies big time!
Discraft drivers moved well, as did Buzzzes and Roc3's.
They sold a Boss or two but not many. Astras, Millenium are very slowly moving too.
Got a new shipment of JLS and Teebirds, only one Leopard was left.

Why does a Bliz Mamba exist? Let's take a super flippy disc and make it in the flippiest possible plastic! Great idea there.

Why does a Bliz Mamba exist? Let's take a super flippy disc and make it in the flippiest possible plastic! Great idea there.

Actually, I don't think it does exist; I meant to say Champion Mamba, not Blizzard. I saw so many Boss, Destroyers, and Kraits in Champ Blizzard, I just had Blizzard on the brain. However, I am lead to believe that Blizzard plastic is more stable not more flippy by comparison.

Have not been going by the local Academy much recently (you guys have me pretty stocked up on used plastic), but I noticed they are still stocking plenty of Aviars (Dx, Pro, and Star), Soft Omegas, Pro D Challengers, and Birdies. These seem to be ever present on any given visit (over the past year). I wonder why they carry Challengers instead of Magnets? Aren't Magnets generally considered better for beginners than the more overstable Challengers? I just wish they would get something different in!

Have not been going by the local Academy much recently (you guys have me pretty stocked up on used plastic), but I noticed they are still stocking plenty of Aviars (Dx, Pro, and Star), Soft Omegas, Pro D Challengers, and Birdies. These seem to be ever present on any given visit (over the past year). I wonder why they carry Challengers instead of Magnets? Aren't Magnets generally considered better for beginners than the more overstable Challengers? I just wish they would get something different in!

challys really arent that os but magnet is more beginner friendly absolutely.

Actually, I don't think it does exist; I meant to say Champion Mamba, not Blizzard. I saw so many Boss, Destroyers, and Kraits in Champ Blizzard, I just had Blizzard on the brain. However, I am lead to believe that Blizzard plastic is more stable not more flippy by comparison.

Blizzard plastic is less stable 95% of the time.

Ya, every blizzard disc I've thrown has been more understable. I would imagine it being due to the air bubbles in the rim making the rim easier to get bent causing the PLH to lower at a faster rate than the regular champ version.

Peg Warmer... That sounds dirty.
I thought for sure this thread would be about this
02641355.interactive.a.jpg

Latest posts