• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OH courses

shark7d12

There are three courses in Ohio that I've played that I do not remember the names of. Just wondering if anyone can help me remember them. They were all in northeastern OH. One was right on Lake Erie (not the ashtabula course) I'm pretty sure it had 19holes. One was right next to some Kent State branch campus, and one was next to an airport,somewhere near Cleveland? It was only 9 holes. It's been a while, and if you could help me remember that would be sweet.

the only course in Ohio ive been to is ottawa park in toledo, its a good city park with good open and wooded throws

I'm going to be traveling from NC to northwest of Columbus OH (Bellefontaine). I plan to hit Huntington WV and Marysville going and Pike Lake on the return trip. Plain Cityis also on my path. Do you have any thoughts on the Plain City courses (that aren't in the reviews)? The 9 holer "Past Time" looks short. Any info on it?

Have I missed any "must play" course on this route? I've already played several along this route, and I only want to play new ones, so I haven't included those I've already played (e.g.- Lucky 8-- one of my all time favorites!).

shark,

Try using the site's map browser to locate the courses. There aren't a ton in the region so it should be pretty easy to figure out which courses you're looking for.

WV and OH agenda

Here are my plans for TH 5/22 to Mon 5/26 as I go and return on a business trip:

TH
Huntington WV- Rotary

Fri
Plain City OH- Past time (9) (depending on time)
Marysville OH

Mon
Bainbridge OH- Pike Lake

There are three courses in Ohio that I've played that I do not remember the names of. Just wondering if anyone can help me remember them. They were all in northeastern OH. One was right on Lake Erie (not the ashtabula course) I'm pretty sure it had 19holes. One was right next to some Kent State branch campus, and one was next to an airport,somewhere near Cleveland? It was only 9 holes. It's been a while, and if you could help me remember that would be sweet.

The one on Lake Erie is probably the Sims Park course, the Trumbull campus of Kent State has a nine-hole course, with a 15-hole right next to it (Clarence Darrow/Young's Run), and the one by the airport was probably the Richmond Heights course (Cuyahoga County Airport).

If you are willing to go a bit of an extra drive, the Hudson Springs Park course is better than all of these. Sims Park front-nine is great, but the back nine is just mostly back and forth with some trees.

The Trumbull branch course is OK, but the Young's Run course right next to it is much better. The airport course is kinda lame, mostly open and not very challenging.

does anyone know if "the great blue heron" course is worth the drive, see im going on a trip to cedar point with some friends and we wanted to hit up a disc golf course on the way, Ive already been to ottawa park in toledo, but I saw, the blue heron is a 21 hole course, I also so the pics on the site, but if any one can tell me if it would be worth the 30 minute drive out of the way that would be great, thanks

I enjoyed the course.. it had some cool holes, nice tee pads, quite scenic. Like I mentioned in my review, I think #17 is gone or moved to a completely different spot from where it is suppose to be according to the map I had.

Overall I'd say it's worth the 30 minute drive.

I played the Blue Heron course in Norwalk,OH on the way back to the East Coast in 2004 just after the Worlds in Iowa and thought it was way above average plus it's not that far south of I-80/90.