• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oh my

jcf5083

Double Eagle Member
Today at the local Ice Bowl, the following happened in chronological order:
  • The course turned out to be at one of my worst courses instead of my best.
  • I got hit with some chick's drive
  • I shot a 75 in the first round, in which I missed two puts <10' (on the same hole)
  • My player's card with my score from round one was lost, so I wasn't assigned a starting hole
  • The hole I ended up being assigned to was as far away from the player's tent as possible
  • Some time within the next 3 holes I dropped my phone and couldn't find it
  • I shot a 74 in my second round
  • I wore tennis shoes

/vent :wall:

Last edited:
I played my local Ice Bowl as well at Long Trout.
Didnt do too bad,I lost 2 discs. First roubd was a 58, 2 behind the leader. Second round we both got 56, So he took first and I got 2nd in Ams. Had a great time for my frist Ice Bowl.

I had heard they put the baskets back in on Thursday for the tournament, but I was sure if that had actually happened or if they were really even having it out there. Wish I had gotten up there to play it while the holes were back in.

Keep at Hoover and you will get better at it, just takes time. I use to hate it, but it has probably become my favorite one around town.

4508973484_e8ec4772cd.jpg

Got that outta the way!

To the OP, thanks for sharing this b/c you made my day not seem so bad :p. Sorry to hear your day ice bowl experience sucked too.

I played in my first ice bowl (1st tourney too) today and shot terrible! 61/64 and it was dissapointing b/c that's not normal for me. Lost a disc, but it was found and returned at the end. Basically spent $40 bucks and got an ice bowl DX Roc, a mini, and some great chili. Now whooped and feelin' out of shape. Had fun anyways. Gonna be better next year! :)

my first ice bowl i shot just good enough to be last in the advanced division because they split us up after the first round. i had at least 10 strokes to make up. why couldn't i had dropped one stroke and took first in intermediate!

my first ice bowl i shot just good enough to be last in the advanced division because they split us up after the first round. i had at least 10 strokes to make up. why couldn't i had dropped one stroke and took first in intermediate!

That sucks. I can see why people get upset at these things. Think I heard the word "sandbagger" more times today than in my entire life.

there was no sandbagging there it was all split up after the first round dependant on your score. i like how they did that allows nobody to sandbag unless you throw bad on purpose which would be dumb!

Yesterday it was 13.7", no snow today but cold azz weather so I bet it's a little less than a foot

there was no sandbagging there it was all split up after the first round dependant on your score. i like how they did that allows nobody to sandbag unless you throw bad on purpose which would be dumb!

They did that here too. Makes sense. They were probably joking, I just heard the term used a lot today. Too bad that system worked against you this time!

Weather was pretty good for January in MI. 25-30 degrees, 7-14mph winds. About 4-6in on the ground, made for a slow round with extra time looking for discs.

13.7 inches?! :eek:

Hoover, is that Brent Hambrick? That's a cool course.

Yeah its just known around here as Hoover because the reservoir is named that. I don't know what that kids is talking about thought, we only have like 3 or 4 inches on the ground here. I live like 7 minutes from Hoover.