• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I picked up a 170g 1.2 QOLF yesterday. Can't wait to throw it with my SOLF's and see what it's all about. The plastic is amazing on this thing. It's like a milky white and kind of champy-star feeling. Is this the norm for the 1.2 run of QOLF's?

I believe that the milky white 1.2 QOLFs are from one of the original runs of the 1.2s. Some time later they tweaked the mold and made them more overstable with less glide. The later runs of 1.2 QOLFs are similar to the 1.3 QOLFs.

I have a few of those milky white 1.2s and really like them. They are definitely overstable, and stay that way. I've been throwing one for over a year and it's still overstable. But now the plastic is grippy and gummy feeling in the summer. They're nice.

O RLY

good to know. saw a few of those and how different they were from the other 1.2's i saw in the stack . . .

i was on a 1.1 hunt again today so i ignored them, unfortunately . . .

Good to know. I have all my drivers covered for now, but maybe that will be next on the list. I threw my longest flat-ground drives today in the field with the two 1.1 olfs. Yeah, they're super light, but 330 in a headwind for me is good. And when I threw with the tailwind....one disc went 360 on a laserbeam, never going higher than my chest. Very impressed with how light these are, yet still being stable enough to come back against the wind. The Sirius plastic is super grippy...perfect in the hand, and yeah. I'm now a fanboy of this disc. Perfect to go wih my pd

Last edited:
UPDATE FROM THE OP:

So I picked up a QOLF and a SOLF today at my local PIAS (both 1.2's and around 170g) and to say I love them would be an understatement. I'm getting the same flights out of them as I do with my Destroyers, but with much less effort. It's just a lot easier to get up to speed. They still fall short of distance when thrown with my Destros...the Destros get about 30 feet more, but I'd rather have the ease of throw and control with them. So the Destroyers are getting a rest for now.

yeah, update over here as well. i played my first EVER league today and won intermediate . . . so excited! nothing huge; got 9$ for the win and then 21$ off of CTP. gotta say i have to thank this disc. these lightweight 1.1's are absolute BAWSS in the woods. i might just have to check out a QOLF and beat it in or maybe beat in a 1.2 SOLF as well. anyway, i have been using them as my open distance drivers and as my fairways. i never have to wonder where they're going to land, even when i put the juice on them and there's a headwind. i just account for the S but i always know they're coming back. they fight the wind remarkably well for being so light; since i have two i think i'm going to keep one for woods duty and the other for distance and avoid beating them both up.

I picked up a 167g 1.2 stamped first run Friday. Man that thing is tasty! OLF's are my go to distance driver, only other drivers I carry are a stupid understable GL Fury for massive anny's and rollers, and a SP Tsunami for spike hyzers and trick shots.

Got a lot of throws in with the 1.2 QOLF today. Pretty overstable. Closer to my Tsunami than the other OLF's. I am tempted to take the Tsunami out if favor of this QOLF. How long do the Q's take to beat in?

but the tsunami skips so well to get around corners, get out of trouble and gain extra D on tunnel hyzers . . . great utility disc too. :( still it'd be cool to throw one mold for two shots.

is it just overstable or does it do the trick stuff as well?

but the tsunami skips so well to get around corners, get out of trouble and gain extra D on tunnel hyzers . . . great utility disc too. :( still it'd be cool to throw one mold for two shots.

is it just overstable or does it do the trick stuff as well?

Haven't tried any trick stuff, but I threw it like I do my SOLF's with a touch of hyzer and the thing came out hyzer, stayed hyzer, and hyzered even harder. My SOLF's flatten and depending which one may slide right then fade. This one is much more overstable.

I am not going to lie my interest in millennium has increased since Brinster won the usdgc. From my sig you can see I am lacking a 9 speed "go to" driver. I don't know anything about the run numbers or plastic type but after reading various threads on millennium and still ending up confused I figured this would be the place to start. Any recommendations for the 9 speed millennium stuff? what plastic to throw? good pairings? general thoughts? I am looking for a workhorse driver that I could use on anything from 300-400ft. Any and all help is much appreciated thanks!

OLF all day my friend.

It is my main driver. I only use the Tern when I need mega-distance and have room to work. Any other distance line I'm blasting an OLF. Without going too much into the runs, here's what I have and what you should go off of:

QOLF: starts off the most OS of the Orion's, and stays that way for a long time. Even in lighter weights, it will be clearly OS.
SOLF: starts off less OS than the OLF, and beats in quickly. Once beat in, it holds that sweet spot seemingly forever. Still overstable, but able to shape big lines thanks to it's natural turn. Think of a baby Wraith or Destroyer
Standard OLF: starts out almost as OS as the QOLF, if not matching it, but beats in really quick. I've done some sick roller shots with a beat-up OLF I borrowed from a friend.

OLF all day my friend.

It is my main driver. I only use the Tern when I need mega-distance and have room to work. Any other distance line I'm blasting an OLF. Without going too much into the runs, here's what I have and what you should go off of:

QOLF: starts off the most OS of the Orion's, and stays that way for a long time. Even in lighter weights, it will be clearly OS.
SOLF: starts off less OS than the OLF, and beats in quickly. Once beat in, it holds that sweet spot seemingly forever. Still overstable, but able to shape big lines thanks to it's natural turn. Think of a baby Wraith or Destroyer
Standard OLF: starts out almost as OS as the QOLF, if not matching it, but beats in really quick. I've done some sick roller shots with a beat-up OLF I borrowed from a friend.

I will add that IMHO the standard/base millennium OLF (or commonly MOLF)varies in stability with the weight spectrum. 160 MOLFs are very flippy. 165's start out like beat SOLFs, 170's are similar to OLFs, and those 175s are like the QOLFs in overstability.

I don't know if/how this varies between run numbers. Most of mine came from the same batch, don't recollect which one it is.

I am not going to lie my interest in millennium has increased since Brinster won the usdgc. From my sig you can see I am lacking a 9 speed "go to" driver. I don't know anything about the run numbers or plastic type but after reading various threads on millennium and still ending up confused I figured this would be the place to start. Any recommendations for the 9 speed millennium stuff? what plastic to throw? good pairings? general thoughts? I am looking for a workhorse driver that I could use on anything from 300-400ft. Any and all help is much appreciated thanks!

i throw a lighter 1.1 SOLF (will probably be trying the newer runs soon) and that gets me 360-400 pretty reliably, always comes back in the wind. soon i will pair up a heavier new run vs my SPD and Slaidi and see how they compare. so far the SOLF seems like it'll be better.

i pair that up with a QOLS that i just bought (also 1.1) and holy crap. the QOLS is my preferred driver for distance right now, pretty much a faster patriot for me. not sure why more people don't like it. will hyzerflip bomb big time and is the first non "super high speed" driver i can honestly say i trust to hit 400 without trying to throw my arm off. my patriot will do the same but not as fast, not as reliable. i feel the QOLS could probably replace a patriot on some fairways, too.

Last edited:
Dang now it looks like I MUST try some of these OLFs :thmbup:. An OLF in each of the 3 plastics should (with some wear/break in time) cover the majority of my distance shots correct? How many of each type of OLF do you carry?

The OLF is a bad mamma jamma. Great control driver and the different plastics give a wide variety of stabilities for everyone.

Local store had 3 1.2 QOLFS and a couple 1.1 MOLFS. Had to snap them up at 9 a piece. Got to say I'm loving them so far much more than I did the PD. Plus there's no plus rim crap going on.

Were those by chance milky white solf stamped qolfs? I see them there for 8-10$ new and actually stocked up on them when I threw OLFs. They fly like a seasoned Pred, they have a very high plh and fly OS for a 1.2 QOLF.

Latest posts