• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I've moved away from mod-overstable speed 9 drivers and started using a more traditional distance driver (Trespass) in their place. I've found it easier to cover the same distance with less of a struggle with the Trespass. If I ever go back to speed 9, I'll have to try the OLF.

From my understanding of the OLF the 1.1 had a different top (Wraith?). Those are the ones that people really like and I don't understand why they switched it out.

The 1.1 are crushers. They fly ridiculously far for a speed 9. I think I just really appreciate a little wiggle on my drivers. Too much hss hurts my game on a control driver. The 1.1 are the least stable of all the olf I've thrown, but I haven't thrown 1.2 or 1.3 solfs.

The later runs have a taller, more snub-nosed look to them. They may not fly as far as the 1.1, but I haven't ever really broken them in to find out. They still do seem to fly far though. The 1.3 qolf are great, the 1.2 qolf are great. I have yet to meet a qolf I don't like. The 1.2 and 1.3 solfs, well...I'm sure there are plenty of others who will buy them...just not me.

I would be interested to hear from millennium what parts the new runs use. If they were Thunderbird clones I'd think we would see a lot more difference between the champ and stars, just like everyone keeps talking about with the thunderbirds.

Keep in mind that there is a distinct different between early runs of 1.2 QOLFs and later runs. The early runs are more 1.1 like but more stability. The later runs are more 1.3 like and more overstable than the early runs. Later runs have a slanted rim, almost + like. If you can get your hands on a milky white 1.2, you are in a early run. They are sweet.

From what I've read, those milky flat 1.2 with "qof" written on the bottom are actually stock from the 1.1 run, just stamped later. Same thing apparently happened with some of the 1.3 "sof". Then it seems we have transition to the domey ones that are more like the 1.3, correct? Or am I missing a run? I've never come across a qolf that is plussed out like some of the 1.3 solfs.

When I get home tomorrow evening I'll take some profile pics. I have 1.1 sof and qof, 1.2 qof and 1.3 qolf, and 1.4 qolf. The solf was lost and hasn't been returned to me despite someone saying they found it. -_- Maybe we can piece together something like in the pd thread for reference.

I don't have my collection with me for reference, but wouldn't the 1.2 stamped 1.1s have zipper tops? I was under the impression that is the most definitive evidence to actual run numbers

The three milky white 1.2 QOLFs I have do not have zipper tops but they are less overstable than the three later runs of 1.2 I have. The later runs consist of two neon yellows and one white. Definitely a different configuration than the milky whites.

The milky white 1.2s are the same configuration as every 1.2 SOLF I have came across. I have five 1.2 SOLFs and they are all the same. Three pinks, one white and one orange. The 1.2 SOLF is great.

All the MOLFs I have seem to be the same configuration as the late 1.2 QOLFs and 1.3 Sparkle QOLFs. Out of the MOLFs I have two neon yellows and one pink.

In my opinion the wheels went off the bus when the 1.3 SOLFs came out. They had so much dome that it exaggerated the rim slant. No glide. I have two of those. One red and one blue. The red has less dome than the blue. The blue is freakishly domey.

The red sparkle 1.3 QOLF I have seems to be the same configuration as the late 1.2s, all the MOLFs I have and the 1.3 SOLFs. The sparkle 1.3 has considerably less dome than the 1.3 SOLFs but more than the early run milky white 1.2 QOLFs and the 1.2 SOLFs.

My love for (and hoarding) of OLFs has been a true love/hate relationship. They are hard to find and if you order online you never know what you will get. I read somewhere that the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 naming system got all screwed up after the 1.1s and then Millenium started making new runs and not changing the numbers. I think what I read was written by the artist that use to do the graphics. I could have this story mixed up with JLSs.

No, you're correct. It's all in the millennium mega thread on Dgr. Both zam (aka leopard, I believe) and zj as well as a couple other mill guys shared a lot of info. According to that thread, they should have gone to a 2.x some point shortly after the first runs or at least started with a 3.x instead of 1.3 but by that point it was just like...going from 1.2 to 3.1 doesn't make sense.

I have a red patent number 1.2 SOLF and it's amazing.

It's in the bag right now and I'm just wondering what I will expect to pay for a backup.

can neither confirm nor deny that i've just **** my pants.

just picked up a new run MOLF. i remember the 2-3 old molfs i bought a couple years back had a real low PLH and they were pretty flippy compared to their premium counterparts. so i decided to buy one for the out of the box understable role. i haven't thrown it yet, but take a gander.

vs 1.3 QOLF

IMAG1022_zpsuv5ccfsq.jpg

VS 1.4 QOLF

IMAG1023_zpsmb0ayld5.jpg

VS 1.4 SOLF

IMAG1020_zpsy1jx1cb6.jpg

could this be??? pro plastic, premium overstability to start with to break in? i will be throwing tomorrow, unfortunately no time tonight. i'm pretty frickin' excited though.

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet if they do work out like that.

My local PIAS got in a bunch of new Mellinneium stuff a few weeks ago, among which was a bunch of new stamp QOLFs. If I could bookend with those and cycle the new MOLFs...

I'm pretty well invested in PDs so I donno...

mst had a few of them. i'll try to get some throws in tomorrow but it's gonna be a windy day, 15-20 mph. maybe also see how it holds up to tree hits at close range, depending on how well i'm throwing. :D it's been a couple weeks, now.

also vs a zippertop QOF - pretty flat.

IMAG1025_zps6v5htbxk.jpg

IMAG1026_zps8fnhb3sb.jpg

IMAG1027_zpsyqbi6z7o.jpg

Last edited: