• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I have a Proton Volt that I used for a long time, and honestly, it flew pretty true to its numbers. It had a good fade at the end but would definitely turn a good bit, almost to the point where it essentially went dead straight for me. Not really what I wanted at all...

Whats kind of the generally consensus short breakdown on the runs/plastics?

I've had 1 volt in each plastic and the only one I got turn out of was a 167 fission. At 375' they flew just like the pds but I must've had some beefy ones

Same innova plastic types

QOLFs are great discs. I would recommend them for an os control driver. They fly, feel, and look identical to my thunderbirds. You'd think it was just a millennium stamp on one but the orion came out first. Is the thunderbird a rebranded olf? Is that even possible?

OLF is definitely easier to get to hold some anhyzer (and then flex back out to a strong fade) than a Thunderbird or PD. Personally, I think it's a good thing.

I'm curious and looking at discs for that OS control driver slot. Can someone give me a rundown of PD vs OLF vs Thunderbird. I have a Saint Pro, that wasn't really overstable enough for me and didn't feel great in my hand.

Also I know there's a decent amount of differences from the runs (1.1 1.2 etc etc), but how do you tell which runs you're getting?

There are some OLFs without the run number, but the majority include it in the stamp. 1.1 are generally flatter and less stable. 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 all have a little more dome and are more overstable. I would recommend trying one of those runs in the Quantum plastic for this shot. The 1.4 in Sirius and Millennium plastic are also great discs, but they will obviously beat in faster.

I'm not familiar with the Thunderbird, but I'd say that the PD is generally more overstable than the OLF depending on what runs you are comparing. To me the OLF is a great combination of consistent stability and distance. A lot of times I'll throw them instead of my distance drivers because of that :thmbup:

There are some OLFs without the run number, but the majority include it in the stamp. 1.1 are generally flatter and less stable. 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 all have a little more dome and are more overstable. I would recommend trying one of those runs in the Quantum plastic for this shot. The 1.4 in Sirius and Millennium plastic are also great discs, but they will obviously beat in faster.

I'm not familiar with the Thunderbird, but I'd say that the PD is generally more overstable than the OLF depending on what runs you are comparing. To me the OLF is a great combination of consistent stability and distance. A lot of times I'll throw them instead of my distance drivers because of that :thmbup:

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I already have a PD (EO Glow one) coming and i'm planning to get a QOLF at some point to see which one I prefer, so I'll let you guys know.

TBird is the man. Got this surprise package from him in the mail today. 3 First Runs marked SOF. Zzzzzzzzzippertops....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 81
Stopped into the new local disc shop today and grabbed a 170 pink SOLF 1.3
Shop guy asked me if I knew what I was buying. I think he was disappointed I know disc well, bag 1 or 2, and well aware of the dome.

You all drop the Eagles for the OLF?

If I throw the OLF, what would be a better compliment the FD or XL? I want something a little slower (smaller rim) to compliment it.

I can't speak for the FD. I pair my OLFs with XLs. They work well together. Right now I am trying out Stags in place of the OLF. I think I am going to switch back to OLFs.

I can't speak for the FD. I pair my OLFs with XLs. They work well together. Right now I am trying out Stags in place of the OLF. I think I am going to switch back to OLFs.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

They have similar stabilities. I might give a slight nod to the 1.4. The 1.4 is much flatter than the one .3 though.

You have some truly weird 1.3 based on this and past info, snap-it. Maybe they were hold-overs from 1.2.

Every single 1.3 qolf I've seen in the past few years has a decent dome on it. Nothing crazy, but not what I'd call mild or slight either.

You have some truly weird 1.3 based on this and past info, snap-it. Maybe they were hold-overs from 1.2.

Every single 1.3 qolf I've seen in the past few years has a decent dome on it. Nothing crazy, but not what I'd call mild or slight either.

Well, these 1.3 QOLF's were all acquired about 3 years ago. 3 blue sparkle, 1 purple sparkle, 2 yellow non sparkle. I have seen a few 1.3's in stores that have a more normal dome....more recently, maybe the past 18 months or so.

What run are the 2006 worlds biggest SOLFs? Was in my local PIAS and they had a ton of old tie dye SOLFs and SOSs from the event.

What's the deal with these?

Latest posts