• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Omega: The Alpha and the

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. I agree that is the AP style. It's literally an aviar3 with a subtle micro, or small bead. It's definitely not a big bead.

I putt with an Omega SS that I've had for about 8 years or so. Absolutely love it!! It's gotten pretty gnarly in that time and I am looking to get some backups. I've "auditioned" some other putters in that time but nothing ever felt as good or flew as reliably. I would love as exact a backup as I can get. Does anyone know of any differences between runs of Omega SS's? Mine is marked 1.27 and I'm having a hard time finding that exact run.

I putt with an Omega SS that I've had for about 8 years or so. Absolutely love it!! It's gotten pretty gnarly in that time and I am looking to get some backups. I've "auditioned" some other putters in that time but nothing ever felt as good or flew as reliably. I would love as exact a backup as I can get. Does anyone know of any differences between runs of Omega SS's? Mine is marked 1.27 and I'm having a hard time finding that exact run.

The only ss I've got left is a well beaten 1.14 so I don't know the current runs. Have you tried a new supersoft? Any new one will be more overstable than the 8 year old. Use it as a driving putter if you want it to get gnarlier quicker.

I putt with current run (1.3) Q omegas and I like them to be newish, i.e. New to 2 years old. Then they become driving putters. Perhaps I'm an oddball. :hfive:

The only ss I've got left is a well beaten 1.14 so I don't know the current runs. Have you tried a new supersoft? Any new one will be more overstable than the 8 year old. Use it as a driving putter if you want it to get gnarlier quicker.

I putt with current run (1.3) Q omegas and I like them to be newish, i.e. New to 2 years old. Then they become driving putters. Perhaps I'm an oddball. :hfive:

In the past few days I've done a lot of researching on the Omegas. From what I gathered from some older threads is they changed the plastic to a R-pro blend around run 1.25. The one I have doesn't feel like any R-pro discs I have though. It's more soft/velvety and not soft/rubbery. May just be it's age though...or maybe the R-pros I'm comparing it to.

I spin putt and love how my omega is flexible but not floppy and the texture of the plastic is just right. Omegas are hard to find at brick & mortar places here so I have no way to check current runs. I've looked at some putters in the same "family". So far the classic soft Warden feels as close to my Omega as anything else I've gotten to get my hands on. Didn't get to throw it but it felt about right.

I only putt with my Omega so approach flight isn't critical for me. Can anyone give me any comparisons between Omega SS and CS Wardens?

So I saw some CS Wardens at PIAS and got one to try. Felt good. Top is flatter than an Omega. Did some putting with it and didn't like it. Drops left a little too much at the end of flight for me. After reading about how glidey they were i thought it might make a good replacement but that was not the case. My omega is straight throughout its flight and with the Warden I have to play the fade or throw harder than I would like to to keep it straight. The search continues.

They also had some Streamline Pilots that I felt up. They seem promising. Same basic shape and the soft ones feel about right. Just don't know if they will be around for awhile since it's a newish brand.

Rusty,

Just order a new supersoft. It may not be exactly like your current putter but it will be good.

Yeah, that's good advise. I just like being able to handle them a little beforehand but can't find a store that carries them. I'm not very picky about anything else except my putting putter. Once I get to the point of seeking out and paying big money for 11x Teebirds and going through stacks to find just the right destroyer then I'll admit I have a problem.

1.25 was the final run of the original Supersoft plastic. Stamped discs for 2010 WBDGW is this run.
1.26 was the bar-stamped first run of R-pro plastic (ca 2008)
1.27 was this terrible variant of 1.26, nothing like the original Supersoft plastic, and not quite like 1.26. (2008 too)
1.28 was the first attempt at gritting up R-pro to match the original texture, but not quite there
1.29 pretty much like 1.28, also not quite there
1.30 was the best R-pro run - gritty and glorious, felt like the original Supersoft, but rubbery too
1.31 was close to 1.30.
1.32 slicker and stiffer (not as great as 1.30/1.31).
1.40 Anniversary Astronaut stamp (commemorative) - run in 2014 - not gritty, not floppy, happy medium, not chalky
1.42 Brinster SS run (stiffer and rubbery), stiffer than 1.40, slightly chalky

Each run is usually somewhere between 500-2500 discs, so it does get hard the more time goes by to find something from that exact run. But an Omega SS is always an Omega SS.

I don't think you'll find anything close to 1.27 since it literally was the oddball out of all of these runs. Honestly if you like the 1.40 or 1.42 runs, or even the ET First Run Omegas, I think those will be the closest to 1.27. Alternatively, you can always just pick up a new stack of Omegas and love the new stack you got. 1.30 and 1.31 would be the best runs of the RPro runs I am aware of, plus 1.40 and 1.42 are the easiest to identify and get more of. I would recommend you either try an ET Omega, 1.40, or 1.42 - those would probably be the closest to 1.27. In order - ET, 1.42, 1.40.

Ordered some from Amazon cause I got a student prime membership...not bragging but, got that free shipping!! ����

Anyway, I don't know what I was worried about. Received 4 Omega SS's (3 were 1.46 and one 1.45). All felt comparable to my current putter, all flew as expected. Gonna just expand on the plastics and build on that. Feel like a Q-mega and a ESP zone will fill out my putter game.

Thank you, xare and F.luke.

Rusty,

Your welcome. A Sirius Omega will give you the most overstability of the plastics. Not Zone overstability but you'll probably be surprised by it. Everyone who throws mine have been impressed by them.

Rusty,

Your welcome. A Sirius Omega will give you the most overstability of the plastics. Not Zone overstability but you'll probably be surprised by it. Everyone who throws mine have been impressed by them.

I threw a newer run QMega a year or two back and that thing was beefy. Could've been the half an inch of flashing on the rim too.

So I had a chance to finally take a 1.2 ET Omega out for a putting test drive yesterday. While it putted nicely, I was more impressed by how straight this thing flies off the tee. It reminded me of an X-Comet with how straight of a flyer it was. Might have to grab a couple more to try out.

So I had a chance to finally take a 1.2 ET Omega out for a putting test drive yesterday. While it putted nicely, I was more impressed by how straight this thing flies off the tee. It reminded me of an X-Comet with how straight of a flyer it was. Might have to grab a couple more to try out.

Spike, the standard millennium ap's are also ridiculously straight once you knock the bottom flashing off. Until then they are reliably stable to fade for me.Though a bit bouncy for a putter, it is great off the tee and for up shots. I need to get a few delta t's 'cause none of mine, other than beat 2001 ce's, can currently pull off the understable putter role.I don't want to keep throwing my 2001 ce's. Winter is coming. Discs crack. It sucks.

I wanna beat some delta t's into good flippers.

Spike, the standard millennium ap's are also ridiculously straight once you knock the bottom flashing off. Until then they are reliably stable to fade for me.Though a bit bouncy for a putter, it is great off the tee and for up shots. I need to get a few delta t's 'cause none of mine, other than beat 2001 ce's, can currently pull off the understable putter role.I don't want to keep throwing my 2001 ce's. Winter is coming. Discs crack. It sucks.

I wanna beat some delta t's into good flippers.

I've been bagging one of this years glow pumpkin aviars as well as an AP(minus the flashing). The pumpkin is reliably understable and the AP is getting worked into a very workable driving putter. There's a fair bit of overlap between the pumpkin and AP, but eventually the pumpkin will hit an ace and get retired 😉

I have a stack of delta first runs and a couple of the stock run. I like the first run for putting and the stock run for driving when it's not cold out.

Thinking about shelving the Wizards this winter and trying out the Omega for a few months and see how I like them. Ordered an AP (1.12 I think) and a pair of yellow 1.2 DTs.

Thinking about shelving the Wizards this winter and trying out the Omega for a few months and see how I like them. Ordered an AP (1.12 I think) and a pair of yellow 1.2 DTs.

DT's are essentially a McPro Aviar without having to pay the premium price ;-)

I actually prefer the DT's over the McPro's as they don't seem to be quite as slick.

I would at least get one Supersoft for the winter. It's like a SSS or SSSS Wizard in flex, but in winter it stiffens up to S/SS flex. Then again it depends where you are at - in Ohio it can get pretty cold, so I use the softer plastics (G Star, FLX, etc.) in the winter - it can definitely stiffen up past what you would expect. I've had SSSS Wizards feel like dinner plate Wizards in the dead of winter (around 10F).