• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On the road... Best DG shops in USA?

I will second The Nati in Cinncinatti as the best shoppe Ive seen to date.....in PA....DoDos in Allentown is the best stand alone disc golf shoppe.

Marshall St and Clearwater are both incredible no-brainers. Great shops with tons of selection. If you are close you must go. Discovering the World in CA is also great. I just revisited Cloud 9 in the Nashville, TN area, and they have really stepped up their selection. They about have it all. Great store.

I can't remember the name, but the place in Columbus, OH is pretty good too.

My bad. PromShops at Shady Oaks in the Sacramento area, Pro Shop at the course in Escondido, CA. Pro Shop at Morley Field in San Diego. Pro Shop at the former Grange AKA Blockhouse in Northern, VA. And Midnight will kick my ass if I don't mention the pro shop at the very cool course in Houston, TX. Too tired and lazy to go look up its name.

Disc Nation in Austin has a pretty great shop. One great advantage it has is that you can try out the discs in the back of the shop. Loads of discs.

Spring Valley DGC and Pro Shop in Spring ,TX is one of the best in the Houston area, especially on the northside. You have a great pro shop and a great course. Rick's Darts And Games is not bad either, over in West Houston.

In my neck of the woods, there really are no shops. About 50 miles away in Winchester, VA is "Incredible Flying Objects." It has juggling stuff, kites, etc. along with about 4 big racks of discs from at least Innova and Discraft. Not much, but far better than nothing (or better than typical box stores with only Innova).

The Woodland Valley courses in Limerick, ME have the coolest shop I've ever been to... http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2593 ...and with two courses on site. I believe that they claim to have at least two of every mold, from every major manufacture, in three different weight ranges, in each type of plastic in stock. I may have made this information up in my dreams, but they had a boat-load of discs and I was able to get choosey with the Millennium molds/weights/plastics that I was looking for, for example.

And finally, I was in VA Beach, VA a couple weeks ago. Went into a Mountain Sports store randomly looking for discs. They had a half empty rack of Innova discs. And I was thrilled to see that I could get an $8 DX Aviar there for $13 if I wanted. :doh:

Last edited:
In this economy I have to look out for me. My local shop was charging 18 bucks for something I could buy online for 15 plus I earn discounts the more I buy. I mean I could just start selling my own brand new discs at the course and still turn a profit. I guess that would solve both problems. I support the sponsors of this site and the locals help support me. Ha ha I'm not doing this, but I know I have a few wheels turning.

The B&M stores provide you a service that no online site could. You get to feel the disc, this is often overlooked and a reason I would assume that many people feel like they got a dud disc. When I buy stacks of plastic I hand pick every single one to be the best of the bunch from thousands, no joke. Also Innova and other manufactures provide a Msrp, I know it seems like a great thing if star was 10 bucks but it would only serve to cheapen the products and the sport.

I know distribution price, wholesale price, and retail and really they aren't making that much. These online retailers are tbh only doing themselves harm by selling so cheap because they are reducing the value of their only products they sell. Latitude from what I understand is more expensive in their own country than after it's shipped here! And I know the shipping costs of Swedish plastic and it ain't cheap.

I know i'm ranting but the sport is FREE for the most part why not help you local corner store or if you're lucky enough to have a proshop support them.

Throw Shop in Ypsilanti MI (Ponds at Lakeshore DGC) is the largest selection in Michigan, staffed by world champions (age divisions) and located on hole #1 of the course. We will soon have close to 6,000 discs in-stock and are disc golf only.

Disc Nation in Austin is pretty strong. Not only do they have a driving range out back but they also sponsor many local tournaments and disc golf events around town.

Killer thread. Thanks for all the responses. Keep em coming, im making a master list!

JSurmann: yes i was in Chattanooga, we played the Riverbend Festival. Didnt have time to play The Sinks :-/

Spinners on the Green in Scotsdale, AZ. Its right off the 12th hole at shelly sharpe and there is a bar right next door! plus ginnelly and keith run the place.

^got my vote

Yeah, I heard you guys and was pretty impressed. If you get back into town, the sinks is a must play

If your coming through the Cincinnati area definitely stop at the Nati. It is on the course Mt. Airy. It's got a great selection here.

"The Stupid Store" at the Blockhouse Disc Golf & Country Club has a the best selection of plastic in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvaina area.

Disc Nation in Austin, TX. Guys in the store are really helpful, theres a huge selection and a 500' driving range out back. I've only been there a couple of times, but there were clinics going on outside both times. Plus, Circle C is only like 15 min away!

Latest posts