• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On the road... Best DG shops in USA?

And here's a picture I took of one side of the shop. This is a majority of their selection, but there's a whole section just for 150g class discs plus some other stuff, both behind and to the left of, the rack on the left in this picture.

Good times!

picture.php

This thread deserves reviving. Hopefully there will be some new contributions. For now, though, I'll start with a re-visit to my favorite shop. (The post above that I quoted was from 11-6-11, post 41 in this thread.)

I made it up to the Woodland Valley courses in Maine again and got to take advantage of the awesome pro-shop there. As always, the owner (her name has slipped my mind) was wonderful! I found out that they're adding a 3rd 18 hole course on site. Apparently, it's going to be a lot longer, and harder, than the other two. So I'm pretty psyched about going back in the next year or two.

So now, to get back on topic, an updated pic from their pro-shop with a little peak around the other side of the shop. Good stuff here!

picture.php

Last edited:
This place is the bomb!

http://www.throwshop.us/

Selection on premises that will make you drool.
Obscenely well stocked with all the staple items and they carry lots of interesting, unique and hard to find stuff as well. owned and run by people who live disc golf, make courses happen and can make good recommendations about wht might work well for you based on what you are currently throwing and what it's doing for you.

Is the Throw Shop in business? I named that place, believe it or not. Terry sent me a Throw shop stamped Cryztal Buzz as a thank you. Totally forgot about it until I saw this.

The Wright Life in Old Town Fort Collins, Colorado is a must-hit if you're ever in that area. There's also a couple of micro-breweries within 2 blocks and of course New Belgium right down the street. :thmbup:

In the Quad Cities (border of Iowa, and Illinios) There is a shop called
Iron Lion. They have a good selection of Innova, Discraft, Lat 64, Vibram, and Gateway. He may have some others brands, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. He sell collectable discs and does a great job to support the local scene in Ia, and Ill. His prices are competitive. He also has bags, clothes and all the extras.

I second this...

The Nati pro shop in Cincinnati, OH at Mt. Airy Forest is a must stop if you are ever in the area. The atmosphere it provides along with an excellent selection of discs is very unique.

This place is the bomb!

http://www.throwshop.us/

Selection on premises that will make you drool.
Obscenely well stocked with all the staple items and they carry lots of interesting, unique and hard to find stuff as well. owned and run by people who live disc golf, make courses happen and can make good recommendations about wht might work well for you based on what you are currently throwing and what it's doing for you.

This is this best shop I've seen so far. Didn't make it to the Nati. Kinda bummed about that.

Here in northwest IL, Airplay Sports in Sterling is the place to shop for disc golf supplies. They also carry kites, skateboard stuff and have excellent coffees and scones. Check them out if you're ever in the area. :thmbup:

Throw Shop in Ypsilanti MI (Ponds at Lakeshore DGC) is the largest selection in Michigan, staffed by world champions (age divisions) and located on hole #1 of the course. We will soon have close to 6,000 discs in-stock and are disc golf only.

No joking here, folks. The Throw Shop is on another level that few stores can achieve. I'm thinking Dynamic Discs in KS and Disc Nation in TX might have the edge on the Throw Shop, simply because they have such an online presence that I perceive them to be on a higher plane of business than our man here locally. So, in reality, the Throw Shop really is the best DG store in the US.

Incredible selection ( brand new to C.E.) from every brand worth throwing (translation: every brand under the sun, the big 2, MVP, Prodigy, DD, Dmania, Prodiscus, Mill, gateway, ev.er.y.thing!). Also, a killer used disc selection
Bags, baskets, minis, LEDs, flashlights, stools, food, whatever you need they've got it on site.
I believe its a 32-hole course right outside the door of the shop, free to play, fenced old balf course.
This place is the best, definitely worth stopping in if you're in the area!

I stopped into Glide while in Madison, WI and I highly recommend it. Great selection of discs and cool people.

There's a course right across the street, and they have discs set aside in the back that you can take over to the fields next to it and try out.

Incredible selection ( brand new to C.E.) from every brand worth throwing (translation: every brand under the sun, the big 2, MVP, Prodigy, DD, Dmania, Prodiscus, Mill, gateway, ev.er.y.thing!). Also, a killer used disc selection
Bags, baskets, minis, LEDs, flashlights, stools, food, whatever you need they've got it on site.
I believe its a 32-hole course right outside the door of the shop, free to play, fenced old balf course.
This place is the best, definitely worth stopping in if you're in the area!

30 holes, planning to expand to (at least) 36 and make 2 18 holers. They also have a rewards program. And he's always looking for Ontario mold Rhynos :D

Thanks, guys! I do try.
Always check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ThrowShop, today the deal is buy any bag 39.99$+ and a pair of shoulder straps, get 20% off your entire purchase, and the 2 weeks of 10% off all baskets ends after today as well.

ALWAYS want old Ontario mold star and champ Rhynos..Always..

Shameless self promotion for the Disc Golf 365 Store which opened in June in Eau Claire, WI. All major brands, bags, baskets, indoor practice/testing net, competitive prices and all the other goodies you expect from a store dedicated to Disc Golf. Check us out if you're in town, on your way to/from the Twin Cities and/or Highbridge Hills; You Won't Be Disappointed.

http://www.facebook.com/discgolf365store

Pre-Opening Picture, and it doesn't show everything very well. Come see for yourself.
67914_409559439163579_38604957_n.jpg

Needs repeating:

THROW SHOP YPSI. THROW SHOP YPSI. THROW SHOP YPSI.

Plus a bazillion holes on a closed ball golf course.

Ypsilanti, MI, near Ann Arbor.

P1030593.JPG