• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in Portland

^ that.

I fly with my Octothorpe full of my discs, backups, towels, and raingear/frolfing layers pretty regularly. I take it carry on and put it in the overhead when I can, under the seat when I can't.

Not sure how much extra space a Rebel will have. I'd probably be just fine with a strap bag for travel.

I've done that, as well. All depends on what I expect to play, how long I'm going somewhere, and what airline I'm flying. If I fly Southwest, I'll usually just take a full size suitcase and put my Grip directly in there and just carry on a very small backpack.

I'm afraid to check my bag with discs in it. I've had luggage go missing, or wind up in another state. If that ever happened to my discs, I would freak the F*^K out, and I'd end up on no-fly lists

Saturday is looking like a glorious day for Milo.

Friday afternoon, not so much. But I am still in.

From Stumptown FB page:

Just want to give everyone a heads up about Milo this weekend.

We will be running our annual National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships qualifying event, the Northwest Collegiate Invitational, alongside the Northwest Doubles on Saturday and Sunday. Due to this, the disc golf course will be closed to the public (3/3, 3/4). However, we will be installing the pins in the BSF layout on Friday morning. We hope to have all the baskets in by 11am at the latest if you want to come enjoy the course Friday!

Thanks

From Stumptown FB page:

Just want to give everyone a heads up about Milo this weekend.

We will be running our annual National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships qualifying event, the Northwest Collegiate Invitational, alongside the Northwest Doubles on Saturday and Sunday. Due to this, the disc golf course will be closed to the public (3/3, 3/4). However, we will be installing the pins in the BSF layout on Friday morning. We hope to have all the baskets in by 11am at the latest if you want to come enjoy the course Friday!

Thanks

Uh-oh.

Now what?

I can't make it to Milo in time? I land at 2:40

The BSF 36 hole layout takes 5-6 hours to play. If everything lined up fast for you, you MIGHT be able to get to milo by 4 (probably not, with traffic) and you'd be out of light by 540.

I intend to be out there by 130, to give myself 4 hours of light (I can get it done solo in about 3:30).

You should probably find an earlier flight....

The BSF 36 hole layout takes 5-6 hours to play. If everything lined up fast for you, you MIGHT be able to get to milo by 4 (probably not, with traffic) and you'd be out of light by 540.

I intend to be out there by 130, to give myself 4 hours of light (I can get it done solo in about 3:30).

You should probably find an earlier flight....

I live in So Cal and the traffic in Portland is craptacular! It would be an excrutiating drive at that time of day. Go play Blue Lake or Pier Park or Dabney instead of wasting your time in that #$%&# Portland traffic. At least you have a chance to get in a round before dark.

I live in So Cal and the traffic in Portland is craptacular! It would be an excrutiating drive at that time of day. Go play Blue Lake or Pier Park or Dabney instead of wasting your time in that #$%&# Portland traffic. At least you have a chance to get in a round before dark.

This is a gross overstatement of the situation. I lived in Cali. That was significantly worse.

Don't try to get to Dabney at that hour -- 84 heading out that way is about the worst choice you could make, out of all available options.

But your flight time doesn't make it work for you to actually get time to play Milo.

This is a gross overstatement of the situation. I lived in Cali. That was significantly worse.

Don't try to get to Dabney at that hour -- 84 heading out that way is about the worst choice you could make, out of all available options.

But your flight time doesn't make it work for you to actually get time to play Milo.

Blue Lake. Right by the airport.

In that case, Blue lake. No brainer. Feldberg designed, was played at Worlds. Right next to the airport and a really quiet course.

Dabney, pshhh... :sick:

Blue Lake is a pretty long course too, so you better get on your horse after you land if you want to get it all in before dark.

Blue Lake is a pretty long course too, so you better get on your horse after you land if you want to get it all in before dark.

I think over 10k. And that's it you're staying in the fairway!! ;)

It beats me down when I play it, and it steals my discs. I like it

Latest posts