• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc round with a disc released no longer than 3 years ago

Tangent is my go to for a one disc round. Shapes lines. Handles power/wind well. Feels like a low profile Ion/Wizard for putting.

I think it came out less than three years ago.

GStar Skeeter, if Gstar plastic counts as 'new'.

Otherwise I'd stick to an max weight XT Nova

Last edited:
MVP Atom, very good small diameter midrange that can double as a putter.

I don't know when it was released, but I suggest a Hyzerbomb Tank in every one of these 1 disc threads. It's the best all around disc I have.

Cell or Truth are both great.

Envy or Proxy.

Atom if you like baseline and don't mind the disc to get seasoned somewhat quickly -- given 1 disc round... its more a putting envy/proxy hybrid for regular bags ive seen. No need to drive with one when you have the envy/proxy IMO.

Envies are available in a soft neutron plastic if you are into softer discs. Not floppy soft just very flexible.

The Axiom Theory. I don't think id like putting with it. But I could park some mother****in baskets for sure! Drop-ins

The Axiom Theory. I don't think id like putting with it. But I could park some mother****in baskets for sure! Drop-ins

if wind wasn't a factor id agree. It actually putts pretty well I throw it in from time to time after parking the basket ;)

Alllllllmost put the theory out there but would lean on the tangent if I was going with a mid due to its little more stability/wind resistance.

Envy or Proxy.

Atom if you like baseline and don't mind the disc to get seasoned somewhat quickly -- given 1 disc round... its more a putting envy/proxy hybrid for regular bags ive seen. No need to drive with one when you have the envy/proxy IMO.

Envies are available in a soft neutron plastic if you are into softer discs. Not floppy soft just very flexible.

For me the Atom works perfectly off the tee, can hold whatever line I put on it and throws more like a reliable midrange. It reminds me very much of the classic Roc. I just picked it up last month in a trade after an MVP circuit challenge so I'll see how it seasons for me. The base line plastic has a great grip in all weather conditions.

Missilien ... just kidding

A Claymore gl gets my vote

Latest posts