• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] P2 psycho: who else loves it?

Yes, D and G-Lines are both relatively straight. D has the most distance potential IMO due to the glide. Good HSS and little fade make them really nice driving putters. I prefer the S-line for driving as it's a little more overstable.

that's what i needed to know. i use polecats as my primary driving putter and frankly the less overlap, the better. i love my polecats, they are just super comfortable and a fresh dx polecat is surprisingly HSS. i might just keep this p-line p2 for putting and get a d-line or gstar for winter along with an s-line for drives.

that's what i needed to know. i use polecats as my primary driving putter and frankly the less overlap, the better. i love my polecats, they are just super comfortable and a fresh dx polecat is surprisingly HSS. i might just keep this p-line p2 for putting and get a d-line or gstar for winter along with an s-line for drives.

If you want to test some P2's let me know and I will bring a stash with me on Thursday (if you can play). What have been your thoughts on using the P2 for putting? I think last I saw you were using aviars or wizards? I have some nice stiff purple D-lines that may be right up your alley for drives. I haven't brought them out for a round yet.

If you want to test some P2's let me know and I will bring a stash with me on Thursday (if you can play). What have been your thoughts on using the P2 for putting? I think last I saw you were using aviars or wizards? I have some nice stiff purple D-lines that may be right up your alley for drives. I haven't brought them out for a round yet.

sadly i don't know that i'll be playing on thursday . . . we will see. i just snagged this p2 today and went to the practice basket at KP for a bit. it's going to take some getting used to with no bead again, but they threw very similar to a kc aviar. it will take me some warm-weather practice time to make a more concise comparison. my kc aviar is 168 and my p2 is 175. i can say with certainty that putting indoors from about 30 feet into my couch (i'm already going crazy with cabin fever) cushions that the lighter aviar has more glide. i wouldn't mind a lighter p2. max weight putters aren't my thing, but this may change - after all, with no bead these will beat up much faster and pick up that glide. i also fear they will also develop turn instead of straightening out like a kc does, though.

last year i was throwing and putting wizards. :) i stuck with those through the winter, then tried a bunch more stuff in the spring, then went with the kc aviar all summer/fall. so it's not a huge transition, just different having such a deep putter and no bead to putt with.

i'd probably end up throwing the p2 as a windy-day driver, using it as my 100% putter and then using my polecats for everything approach/driving related as usual. polecats are just too comfy for me to not throw. i love them.

What I really want is an XT P2. I would be very happy then.

I definitely want a P2 in XT plastic after feeling an XT aviar

SupremeFlight just released colored C-Line Glow and Stock stamp FR C-Line P2. There was also a small batch of 10 black X-line P2

I have a C line and really liking the predictable flight and finish. It has a lot more glide than I expected, still decently overstable and will have a nice fade at the end like a P2 should.

Cant wait to get my mitts a C/colour glow-P2. If they are stable enough they could finally replace the Premium Jokeri in my bag to clean out the only non-DM/non-Innova disc in there ;)

Cant wait to get my mitts a C/colour glow-P2. If they are stable enough they could finally replace the Premium Jokeri in my bag to clean out the only non-DM/non-Innova disc in there ;)

If the C glow isnt stable enough the JL C line will be. Super beefy for a P2, much more fade than the s lines.

Got a P2 for Christmas and I love it! Flies like a slower Focus imo. This disc is my new favorite approach disc!

The P2 is deeper and more Os than the pure. I putt and throw D-lines and Pline P2's and drive with an S-P2. I've thrown a few opto and zero hard pures. All of my P2 save my beat d-line faded out more at the end of the flight than the pure, the pure is more similar to an xd and the P2 is like a beadless wizard with a bit more glide. They both have really exceptional hss but the pure has much less if any lss in comparison to the P2.

Last edited:
Cool looking x-line P2's with a mini discmania store stamp launched earlier! Both flat and concave tops!

The P2 is just a great throwing putter! It can take so much power without thinking about turning, and even when you beat one in to develop some turn it still won't turn and burn. I have a d line and a McBeast s line that I'm throwing off the tee, and I can't imagine replacing them with anything else. Great discs.

Latest posts