• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] PA4 review

im definitely gonna pick up a PA4 in 400 for upshots and straight drives. I think this disc will help to learn finess.

"game ready" and "a good system" = god send? I don't see it. The Meteor is definitely another "game ready" disc. Different system is all.

Sure I'll say it... The PA4 is a godsend....also a godsend: a umbrella, a pocketknife, rain, a good nights sleep in a nice comfortable bed, penicillin, the right tool for the job, a cool breeze, a flashlight, a certain lady, bug spray, telecommunication, my neighbors, my friends, a 300+# anvil, Fridays, family, and cold beer(or your choice of beverage) after a hot and hard days work, just to name a few. I guess the PA4 would fall under "the right tool for the job" category. Great disc.

Sure I'll say it... The PA4 is a godsend....also a godsend: a umbrella, a pocketknife, rain, a good nights sleep in a nice comfortable bed, penicillin, the right tool for the job, a cool breeze, a flashlight, a certain lady, bug spray, telecommunication, my neighbors, my friends, a 300+# anvil, Fridays, family, and cold beer(or your choice of beverage) after a hot and hard days work, just to name a few. I guess the PA4 would fall under "the right tool for the job" category. Great disc.

Great post.

It's disc is confusing the hell out if me! It does anny fantastic. It does straight fantastic. It's stealing shots from my warships and my anodes. It's sneaky long. If thrown with enough hyzer it flips up well and locks into the line. Threw it on a 340 down hill yesterday and it parked the hole. Just stayed in the air forever like it hated the ground! Super fun disc! Get it out for a one disc round it will open your eyes!!

It's disc is confusing the hell out if me! It does anny fantastic. It does straight fantastic. It's stealing shots from my warships and my anodes. It's sneaky long. If thrown with enough hyzer it flips up well and locks into the line. Threw it on a 340 down hill yesterday and it parked the hole. Just stayed in the air forever like it hated the ground! Super fun disc! Get it out for a one disc round it will open your eyes!!

Same boat here. Aced with it within the first week. It's so straight but can be manipulated on so many lines. It just seems to hold the angle even when it's slowing down.

The PA1 and PA2 have been a little less unique in flight but I still appreciate their plastic feel. The PA1 does seem very similar to a rhyno in that it really starts to lose speed quickly and kinda fall out of the sky. I'm torn on whether I need this when I already bag a zone.
The PA2 is also a little odd. It looks oddly like a higher shouldered zone. It flies straighter than the PA1 but still has little glide and faded out predictably. I think I may just stick with a zone, PA2 and PA4 as my driving putter lineup for a bit.

I hope the PA3 is a MOTHER F'ING WIZARD in 400 plastic ;) that would be sick
*fingers crossed*

probably gonna pick one up in the premium plastic at some point. seems like it'd be a great partner to my pure. as much as i love my RGL spike, it does have a lot of overlap; not understable enough. don't wanna use my long putter, (firm summit) for driving, so maybe this'll do.

probably gonna pick one up in the premium plastic at some point. seems like it'd be a great partner to my pure. as much as i love my RGL spike, it does have a lot of overlap; not understable enough. don't wanna use my long putter, (firm summit) for driving, so maybe this'll do.

It will! I would argue that Prodigys putters are their best lineup of discs. All have been incredibly consistent, amazing feeling, and finally affordable on the MP.

so i'm still having a putter battle, to be honest. the bottom line is that whatever i wind up putting with as my primary, i'd like to use in premium plastic for driving. right now the ridge has the stable/overstable driving slot and it's definitely puttable if i have to; i love it. i don't know if i want to putt inside the circle with a summit. i like the 300 pa4's "run straight at it" mentality.

there are a few holes i have in mind where i prefer to use putters. here is one of them.

17f6815d_m.jpg

ba58f5e6_m.jpg

there is a late right turn up into the woods at the end. you have to go over on a hyzer and crash in from the right (doable, but i don't like it) or just drift it right between those trees. the second option offers you a better parkjob potential and easier putts. it's tough to get the summit up under the basket because that overhanging tree prevents you from getting the height you need with the rubber to get the distance. i need something that can come in like a mid, still running hard.

PA4 for this shot? and on shorter technical holes, say 180, would i be able to still get decent turn out of the 400 plastic? or would it at least hold straight without fading on me?

i know i'm asking for oddly specific and detailed things, but i like to not carry a ton of discs and keep my bag simple. i want an overstable, a stable/overstable and a stable/understable. opto pure is on timeout. RGL spike would work, but that doesn't go with my "putt and drive with the same mold in different plastic" because i hate putting with spikes.

It should hit that line easy. It may require a little anny on the release but it will fight back and sneak right in there. Straight and hard it should turn a little and come back to straight with minor fade. I would not second guess the pa4 for me and that hole for sure!!

alright. i will have to give it a go, then. i've just been buying so much plastic lately...ugh. s'pose i should just get it and then i'll have all my putters for the real showdown.

i s'pose as the 400 beats in, it'll be more suited to that turning role so even if it doesn't turn quite enough right now it won't matter. there are a couple other holes that require more of a hard turn; i might just have to wait awhile until it can do those easily.

solid info; much appreciated. :)

Just ordered one in the 400s. Looking to replace my CFR Aviar Driver. I will still use my KC Pro Aviars as my main putter but the Aviar Driver is too much of a meat-hook and I haven't found it to be that useful. Watched Cameron Colglazier's 'In the Bag' and he was all about the PA4. Curious to see if it finds a permanent spot in my bag.

I put my 400S back in my bag tonight for shiggles, and I had an absolute blast throwing it again. I had taken it out in the past because I didn't really throw it much and didn't care to carry a disc I wasn't throwing. I think I'm going to give it a more thorough test now.

Just out of curiosity, I grabbed a PA4 in 300s and a Gateway Magic in SSS. They seemed similar and I wanted to try an understable putter. I've put a few sub 40' tosses in with them in the practice basket and find them similar in flight, but I personally prefer that the PA4 is flatter, where the magic has a higher dome. I felt the plastic on the SSS had an edge on grip, but man, within a dozen throws, there was already two gouges in it. The 300s got some white marks, but no gouges (so far). From someone throwing both for the first time, the PA4 gets the slight edge in this phase of testing, though both flew similarly as putting putters. Next, to the field.

Just out of curiosity, I grabbed a PA4 in 300s and a Gateway Magic in SSS. They seemed similar and I wanted to try an understable putter. I've put a few sub 40' tosses in with them in the practice basket and find them similar in flight, but I personally prefer that the PA4 is flatter, where the magic has a higher dome. I felt the plastic on the SSS had an edge on grip, but man, within a dozen throws, there was already two gouges in it. The 300s got some white marks, but no gouges (so far). From someone throwing both for the first time, the PA4 gets the slight edge in this phase of testing, though both flew similarly as putting putters. Next, to the field.

I didn't want to take a chance on the 300 plastic b/c I had really bad experiences with Innova's DX. I just don't like base plastic. I wonder if Prodigy will come out with a stiff blend like Innova Pro.

DeeZam that's some strong Kool Aid!!

I didn't want to take a chance on the 300 plastic b/c I had really bad experiences with Innova's DX. I just don't like base plastic. I wonder if Prodigy will come out with a stiff blend like Innova Pro.

if you're using it just for putting, you'll be fine. it's definitely more durable than zero hard. i haven't tried using it for approach and i don't think i will; the rim doesn't facilitate a good feel for release for me.

someone was trying to yell at me telling me the magic was the same disc and getting me to buy a magic instead; don't care if it flies the same, the PA4 definitely has a flatter shoulder and feels better in the hand, so i would agree with that.

I just ordered a couple 300s pa4's. I really like my 400s pa4's, but I want to try out the 300s too. Sometimes the 400s will slide pretty good when they hit the ground and im thinking maybe the 300s wont do that as much.

does anybody know if the proto PA4 throw differently?

the reason i ask is someone nearby has some clear ones. i could dye the crap out of them and get them tonight in time for doubles; maybe throw a warmup round to get a feel for them.

i don't want to buy a proto if it acts differently, though.

Latest posts