• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

So, 1/10 baseball players on the field look like a DG pro, versus 1/10 DG players looks like an athlete?
What does an athlete look like?

People have different types of builds, so not everyone is going to look like Ezra.

Here's the top 40 ranked players. I would say most are pretty athletic, pretty similar to what you will find with the PGA.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.25.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.25.28 PM.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 177
Simon has athletic prowess.

McBeth dunking over car:

Drew dunking a Stego:

GG gymnastics:

Lightweight as possible IMO, while still having strength and flexibility. The more weight you have on your joints the more you're asking for issues.

and if you're talking long term then you're paying so much interest that you could've bought 2 houses for that amount. Property taxes in Hawaii aren't cheap. Cost of living isn't cheap. Long term, there's a lot of expensive maintenance involved. It's a humid climate. Paige is going to need a new job to cover the costs long term. A lot of people in Hawaii are poor.

Stock market is almost always going to be better than real estate long term. If you play it right of course......

I guess my initial point was to echo this...Hawaii is definitely not cheap.

Paying extremely premium prices for property alone, and then premium prices for everything else once you have the house drains your disc golf rich wad real quick. Add in travel back and forth and it really starts to stack up.

If you like the water, cool, a lot of people do. Plenty of places stateside to live on the water in warm weather that are infinitely more cost effective than Hawaii and a lot more convenient when touring season comes around.

If you take the touring profession out of the equation it makes a lot more sense. Especially when you look at the fact she's there currently and not in Emporia. I hope for the sake of FPO in general she sticks around for quite a while longer, but JK also stepped away pretty much at the top of her game. Definitely a long grind to get to this point as far as financial opportunities, but ultimately it's not everybody's top motivator. Who knows what FPO will look like a year from now.

Someone mentioned injury which is possible and she just isn't revealing it. I don't think early retirement is out of the question either as someone else mentioned. Her Instagram posts are almost laughable. Everybody loves Hawaii. But what does that have to do with disc golf?

Lightweight as possible IMO, while still having strength and flexibility. The more weight you have on your joints the more you're asking for issues.

Lol ok

You don't think about long term joint wear when you're trying to perform at an elite level. Ever seen an NFL lineman after they retire? Most of them lose a huge amount of weight. You going to tell me people who are carrying extra fat weight can't be elite athletes? What a joke

Nice troll account though. You actually had me for a minute

Lol ok

You don't think about long term joint wear when you're trying to perform at an elite level. Ever seen an NFL lineman after they retire? Most of them lose a huge amount of weight. You going to tell me people who are carrying extra fat weight can't be elite athletes? What a joke

Nice troll account though. You actually had me for a minute

An honest opinion isn't trolling. And what does disc golf have to do with NFL football? Disc golf doesn't require 300 pound linemen to block a line. And actually, a lot of NFL athletes have health issues after retirement. The evidence is there.

But in DISC GOLF, how many overweight people do you see at the top of the leaderboards? There's a undeniable theme there.

Plus, you're just taking my comment and trying to twist it anyway that you can to argue like an emotional diva. Just an opinion and observation, troll. And no, I never said there can't be exceptions. Avery Jenkins was a pretty big dude. Nate doss

Last edited:
You specifically said "As lightweight as possible" which just isn't a requirement. Most people don't function well under 10% body fat, even elite athletes, of any sport.

When you try to call me out for 'arguing like an emotional diva' while having an account you created yesterday just to post inflammatory **** on this board, you kind of lost any chance at credibility you might have had in terms of having a real conversation

You specifically said "As lightweight as possible" which just isn't a requirement. Most people don't function well under 10% body fat, even elite athletes, of any sport.

When you try to call me out for 'arguing like an emotional diva' while having an account you created yesterday just to post inflammatory **** on this board, you kind of lost any chance at credibility you might have had in terms of having a real conversation

Actually what i said is lightweight as possible IN MY OPINION. I wasn't stating it as a fact or a "requirement." LOL

Its actually just common sense that the more weight you're putting on your joints, the more wear that you're causing. hilarious that you brought up NFL athletes and didn't realize you're just supporting my point. They're notorious for having health issues in retirement. It's why a lot of them are starting to retire early......

I hope for the sake of FPO in general she sticks around for quite a while longer, but JK also stepped away pretty much at the top of her game.
I think JK was at or beyond 35 years old when she stepped away. She was still winning against the weak FPO field, but I'm guessing she was beyond the 'top' of her game.

I think JK was at or beyond 35 years old when she stepped away. She was still winning against the weak FPO field, but I'm guessing she was beyond the 'top' of her game.

Yeah looking at it she played something like 15-20 events in 2006 and pretty much nothing in 2007. Born in 71 so that age range is spot on. I did misspeak and mean more that she was still competitive when she stepped away, maybe not at her physical prime.

Side note though, Innova had her birth year on their page but also had her height listed. I had no idea she's 5'11.

Yeah looking at it she played something like 15-20 events in 2006 and pretty much nothing in 2007. Born in 71 so that age range is spot on. I did misspeak and mean more that she was still competitive when she stepped away, maybe not at her physical prime.

Side note though, Innova had her birth year on their page but also had her height listed. I had no idea she's 5'11.
Without a doubt she could have kept winning. I have little doubt Val's legacy would be much different had Korver kept rolling into her 40s. And Paige's ascent to the top of the all-time lists would be more difficult.

Women typically have more life altering challenges to sort out in their 20s and 30s that can affect their willingness and ability to tour, with perhaps the relationship-nesting-want children yes/no? being the most prominent issues for many during that time period. Although having/making enough money significantly influences the willingness to tour for both men and women, the pool of money available supports fewer women than men, and during JK's reign 20 years ago, much less money.

Latest posts