• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Paul talked about the LUNA on Smashboxx and in short he said that the Rubber compound they used for the PROTO ( i think he said white rubber ) was not beeing made anymore so they had to take another rubber ( black rubber? ) for the LUNA

The change made the texture of the LUNA different from the PROTO

The Discraft web store is selling misprint proto 3-packs right now, so if you like the feel of the original proto Luna, now's your chance. I've no idea how many are available.

He said on Johnny Discgolf that he got 10 new putters and now his putt works. . Wonder if the Proto going to be hard to sell after this IF those new ones is the new LUNA.
I saw one putt in R2 and it looked like that LUNA stamp on his putter

He said on Johnny Discgolf that he got 10 new putters and now his putt works. . Wonder if the Proto going to be hard to sell after this IF those new ones is the new LUNA.
I saw one putt in R2 and it looked like that LUNA stamp on his putter

Some of us <---- (note that word) may like the Proto better than the production Luna, so I suspect the Protos will sell on out.

I will probably like the PROTO more, BUT i dont really like to have "hard to get" disc in my bag. . but that said , the shop i use have +50pc PROTO in stock

watching the live stream and its SMART of Discraft to make that LUNA logo LARGE on the LUNA. . everytime they film Pauls putt you can see that LUNA logo

I will probably like the PROTO more, BUT i dont really like to have "hard to get" disc in my bag. . but that said , the shop i use have +50pc PROTO in stock

There are also proto misprint packs you can buy from discraft

Some of us <---- (note that word) may like the Proto better than the production Luna, so I suspect the Protos will sell on out.

I'm reserving that call until I get the first runs in my hand. If they don't work I have plenty of photos but I'm not missing out on a potentially better feeling plastic because I'm in love with this current plastic that isn't going to be produced

It will be interesting to see how the LUNA moulds up in ESP or Z. . IF they make one ( crazy if they dont )

It will be interesting to see how the LUNA moulds up in ESP or Z. . IF they make one ( crazy if they dont )

I think it would make a great reliable stable to overstable putter in TI. I would definitely want one in that blend or ESP. Traditional jawbreaker would be nice to have as well.

Anyone else see the numbers on the NEW luna?? it said 3/3/0/3????? really? with 1.0 DC stability

proto was 2/4/0/2 with 0.0 - I feel it really flies 3/3/0/1 I just hope the next run is darn close to the Proto because I really like it, I hit a sweet 60 footer with it - made almost all my putts which NEVER happens - so ill say I like it a lot. hope the feel is still similar, I like the GRIT! and firmness

Anyone else see the numbers on the NEW luna?? it said 3/3/0/3????? really? with 1.0 DC stability

proto was 2/4/0/2 with 0.0 - I feel it really flies 3/3/0/1 I just hope the next run is darn close to the Proto because I really like it, I hit a sweet 60 footer with it - made almost all my putts which NEVER happens - so ill say I like it a lot. hope the feel is still similar, I like the GRIT! and firmness

I agree with your 3/3/0/1 numbers from my sample of one. Have you tried a Roach? They booted your beloved Atom from my bag as a putter and S/US thrower.

I agree with your 3/3/0/1 numbers from my sample of one. Have you tried a Roach? They booted your beloved Atom from my bag as a putter and S/US thrower.

I have, Roach is OK. But Atom rules all - even the luna. but they are all good discs for sure - and thank you for agreeing :) :):D

I have, Roach is OK. But Atom rules all - even the luna. but they are all good discs for sure - and thank you for agreeing :) :):D

Except I didn't agree that the Atom rules all. Roach seems to glide a little better for me and the Atom is a touch faster.

On topic, guy at my shop expects a shipment today from Discraft with the new production Luna.

Totally agree. 3,3,0,1 sounds exactly right for the Proto. I also like the firmness and GRIT of the Proto. I fear that they've changed it for the Luna.

Totally agree. 3,3,0,1 sounds exactly right for the Proto. I also like the firmness and GRIT of the Proto. I fear that they've changed it for the Luna.

I hope its not too much different - from what I gathered on my post on facebook someone said they feel/look the same just not the grit - so, should be the same exact disc basically - which is hopeful :hfive:

Can anyone compare the flight of these to a proxy?

based on 5 Proxy's and 1 Luna haha.

Luna feels better for a putt grip to me. Luna feels a little shallower. Flight - Proxy is overall a Straighter start to finish. But I threw the Luna and sometimes turned over too much if really trying to rip it. Otherwise on a touch throw the Luna may show a hint more late fade.

Both are great discs - To me I prefer Proxy for throwing because of the plastic and overall flight in the throw. The Luna to me is a great all around putter but I would only Putt with it since I wouldn't want to damage the disc on a tree hit - where the Proxy handles that like a champ

If I'm going numbers (and yes its specific as hell) --PROXY: 3/3.5/-0.25/0.75 DC: 0.0
---------------------- -----------------------------------LUNA : 3/3/0/1 DC: 0.25

I hope its not too much different - from what I gathered on my post on facebook someone said they feel/look the same just not the grit - so, should be the same exact disc basically - which is hopeful :hfive:

I dunno... that pebbly, gritty feel was a really important reason why I liked the McBeth Proto so much (that, and it kept going in the basket! :thmbup: ). I'll wait a while for the hoopla and prices to settle down before seeing about trying a production Luna...