• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

In general, do the newer Luna's feel like stiff Jawbreaker?

In general, do the newer Luna's feel like stiff Jawbreaker?

The newest ones I checked out were like that but a little more chalky so it had good grip while still being very firm. I am not super familiar with stiff jawbreaker but what I did check out the newest Luna (still marked frist run) are less 'waxy' and more jawbreaky with a lil chalkiness. they're nice.

A webb store here in Sweden just added JB LUNA without the "first run" stamp to stock.

So is this a stock run LUNA ? same high price :(

lunapm.jpg

Also there was a teaser video on Instagram of Paul throwing what looked to be like a Z or big z Luna aswell. New stock stamp on it.

Looks like Discraft has been perhaps listening to people who wanted a premium Luna thrower.

So will we see a Big-Z LUNA anytime soon? You would think Discraft want to take advantage of the opportunity to sell some now that Paul is throwing them. . or if he just throws Roaches with a Luna stamp.

He was throwing Roaches with wiped stamp. . so maybe Discraft just put a Luna stamp on them? . . He has a history of throwing discs with wierd stamps

So will we see a Big-Z LUNA anytime soon? You would think Discraft want to take advantage of the opportunity to sell some now that Paul is throwing them. . or if he just throws Roaches with a Luna stamp.

He was throwing Roaches with wiped stamp. . so maybe Discraft just put a Luna stamp on them? . . He has a history of throwing discs with wierd stamps
They'll be available at Ledgestone but only as a limited run

Discgolfcenter just dropped the "stock" luna. It is just the same stamp without the first run on it. They look like the same plastic as well.

So the pic above is verified

16.99$

Yep like a Destroyer with a McPro ROC 3 stamp on it, the same thing he had for his McPro plastic ROC 3. Now Innova just makes a KC ROC 3 in the limited section after Paul left.

Last edited:
A limited run of big z Lunas have been made and will be available to vendors to sell at ledgestone but for now they won't be going into mass production.

A limited run of big z Lunas have been made and will be available to vendors to sell at ledgestone but for now they won't be going into mass production.

I just feel like it´s a bad business move NOT to put a Disc Paul is throwing in to production.

They gave Paul a million dollar contract because his name sells discs. . .but if he throws disc no one can buy thats just bad business

Why does everything have to be limited?! Special release?! Only at Ledgestone?! Come on!

It's coincidence its at ledgestone. Paul wanted some made and Discraft made it happen, but ultimately its the company's business decision to make it a regular product or not

I just feel like it´s a bad business move NOT to put a Disc Paul is throwing in to production.

They gave Paul a million dollar contract because his name sells discs. . .but if he throws disc no one can buy thats just bad business

Maybe but at the same time they dont want to be like innova and just go mass producing every single disc that gets made, thats where you get a lot of inconsistencies because you are just trying to meet demand rather than producing a quality product. Also this disc doesn't just have his name on it, its literally his disc so as much as Paul wants to put it into production, Discraft has a reputation to uphold. Obviously i don't know the full story or reasoning, all i know is bad things happen when you follow the business model of just trying to meet demand

Why does everything have to be limited?! Special release?! Only at Ledgestone?! Come on!

It's coincidence its at ledgestone. Paul wanted some made and Discraft made it happen, but ultimately its the company's business decision to make it a regular product or not

Yeah, it's their business decision, but like Jolt said, it's a really poor business decision to not put as many Paul McBeth discs out there as they can make. It's also not clear what their business decisions are regarding special editions and limited runs.

I don't know much about retail or business in general so I'd guess theirs some careful thought to it.

Part of being a Discraft fan is smashing your head against the wall :wall: because they don't have the right mold/plastic combo you want in regular production.

Oh CT Roaches. A man can dream.

Last edited:

Coordinated "coincidence".

This was a planned release just like the release of the unnamed fairway at Am Nats.

Got to keep the McBeth mania buzzzzzz going

Coordinated "coincidence".

This was a planned release just like the release of the unnamed fairway at Am Nats.

Got to keep the McBeth mania buzzzzzz going

Yep I agree from the Discraft Marketing side.

However it feels like the line of discs Paul is having more of a hand in designing is a signature production run. This is unlike the more limited tour series that Paul had with Innova that was Innova people listening to Paul McBeth and creating discs due to what he told Dave D or other high up people working for Innova were told that Paul wanted in a disc.

Latest posts