• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pdga disciplinary report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to my statement?

I said "It's one thing for someone to say we are potheads" not that I call anyone that.

Personally I find the term pothead as offensive and bull****. Just because somebody enjoys marijuana doesn't mean they're some idiot hippy.

I guarantee a lot of you throwing that term around drink alcohol or take pills or use a number of other drugs that are legal like caffeine or nicotine. Just because society had been duped in to believing these legal drugs are better or more acceptable than marijuana shouldn't give you the right to degrade another human being for simply choosing a different vice. It just makes you a hypocrite and doesn't do anything to help fix the image of our sport.

If people within our sport are using those terms to describe each other how is that going to look from the outside? A lot of golfers drink away from the course do you constantly refer to them as alcoholics? Do we go surround saying disc golf has an alcoholism problem because the way you label it we do.

Nobody should go around blatantly using any drug in a public park but what people do away from the course is not your business.

i used the term pothead because it was refering to a post, and yes, the general population seems to think potheads are dumb, stupid, ect but that besides the point, the main thing is that it is very illegal (for now) and that combined with the general populations view is only destroying the sport u love, use that s**t on ur own personal property, keep it away from the game

the fact that there are numerous threads on this subject in our disc golf forum tells the whole story, im no goody goody, but its easy to see this STIGMA has validation and isnt helping our sport

rant/ sry guys, but this mtl guy touched a button and he seems close to the pdga so i had to have words

Last edited:
Personally I find the term pothead as offensive and bull****. Just because somebody enjoys marijuana doesn't mean they're some idiot hippy.

I guarantee a lot of you throwing that term around drink alcohol or take pills or use a number of other drugs that are legal like caffeine or nicotine. Just because society had been duped in to believing these legal drugs are better or more acceptable than marijuana shouldn't give you the right to degrade another human being for simply choosing a different vice. It just makes you a hypocrite and doesn't do anything to help fix the image of our sport.

If people within our sport are using those terms to describe each other how is that going to look from the outside? A lot of golfers drink away from the course do you constantly refer to them as alcoholics? Do we go around saying disc golf has an alcoholism problem because the way you label it we do.

Nobody should go around blatantly using any drug in a public park but what people do away from the course is not your business.

Chill, pothead. :clap:

On a related note, I gave up all caffeine a month ago. Boom.

I see Rich Givens, the guy who started Flying Disc Magazine, still hasn't settled up yet. Maybe he's still hiding from his subscribers.

I know this is an old post.

What are the chances there are two people in disc golf with the same name that does not have a good rep?

Is this Givens guy from the Cincinnati area?

It's not illegal everywhere and as I stated I'm against it's blatant use at the course. My problem is that many who go on ranting about how it's wrong sit there drinking a beer or taking some pain pills.

It's not illegal everywhere and as I stated I'm against it's blatant use at the course. My problem is that many who go on ranting about how it's wrong sit there drinking a beer or taking some pain pills.

hey im not arguing that my fast food or soda is better than ur sticky icky, im saying that the presense of said substance is all too present on the course and is almost just a social gathering for the use of it. The dg community is very blind to how much its killing the sport. 90% of the tourney or rounds on the course that i have played, i have seen the use of this.. keep it on ur property please ppl

Last edited:
Lol I'm just ****ing with you guys. I drink and smoke anywhere I please and if you don't like it go **** yourself. I'm not dumb enough to do anything illegal or outside the rules anywhere you nazis will notice. I could care less about people outside the sport knowing potheads play disc golf because everyone knows potheads are involved in all professional sports, it's not setting them back.

I know this is an old post.

What are the chances there are two people in disc golf with the same name that does not have a good rep?

Is this Givens guy from the Cincinnati area?

Not likely. Look up the pdga number 4141, he's listed as from PA. And I recall the publishing group of the Flying Disc rag being called 4141 Media or Productions or something or other. Last I heard he had moved to Hawaii though, so he's likely laying on a warm beach not giving a damn about it now. No pdga events there anyway, at least not last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.