• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Major: 2022 PDGA Champions Cup Apr 14-17

What happened?
They had a great battle throughout the round, and at the end when it looked like Paige had botched it up by reaching for a flippy putter in the wrong spot - Tattar went and missed a C2 followed by two more C1s and lost it.

First time hearing of or watching Gavin Babcock and man is he annoying to watch to me. All the warm ups and pump fakes, not my cup of tea.

Paul must have been really upset with his performance RD3. up 23 spots so far. Wowsers!
going from +1 to -16 the next day, yea I would say he was ticked off.

why play same course 4x vs add another one if not both the others on site

what am i missing here

why play same course 4x vs add another one if not both the others on site

what am i missing here

The pros say they don't like prepping for multiple courses.

Playing one course over four rounds seems like a competition of mastery. Multiple courses seems like a competition of adaptation.

I see why the pros prefer mastering one course. I found the 4th round kind of boring, having watched the shots for 3 previous rounds.

The pros say they don't like prepping for multiple courses.

Playing one course over four rounds seems like a competition of mastery. Multiple courses seems like a competition of adaptation.

I see why the pros prefer mastering one course. I found the 4th round kind of boring, having watched the shots for 3 previous rounds.

hmm interesting perspective

yah great course but by the 4th time i just couldnt find it in me to really become invested as it seemed like a rerun

one course is probably easier to do lodging and staff and coordination stuff too

sick course tho

Felt bad for Tattar. Upshot hit a root or something and instead of skipping towards the basket hopped back and ends up in in c2. Then forced to straddle way out left and the whiffed putt hits a root and rolls about 15-20 feet out into c2. Think she rushed that putt to tie a bit though. Maybe should have leaned out right snd gave it a floaty hyzer run around the trees on the putt to win to keep a miss close instead of an anhyzer run.

Yeah, Tattar was pretty flawless for 71 holes and have that happen on the 72nd. Credit to PP for coming back after the first 9 of the tournament.

Stonkingly beautiful course. Every hole looks amazing.

Sounds like I need to watch the FPO final round at work this week. First course on tour that's really worth seeing?

Sounds like I need to watch the FPO final round at work this week. First course on tour that's really worth seeing?

it def is the next level courses

if you just watched final round for both divisions you would be fine

If you mean "first course this year" then maybe. It all depends on what your criteria for "course worth seeing" is.

Otherwise, no. There have been courses this good and better on tour, no matter what your criteria is. WR Jackson is a great course. But it's also 15 years old, and Houck has gotten even better at his craft since then. I can't want to see the designs he talked about in his Upshot interview last week.