• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I have my first rating after playing in one event... 852 :D Actually 6 points better than I thought it was going to be

The last tournament I played in, I played Rec, shot real well and won; however, we were playing from different tees. The TD when submitting the scores apparently did not submit that info, so I had a 998, 959 and 968 added to my 837. Needless to say, I have jumped up to 947 when in all actuality I am around 880-890. Looks like fun times getting beat up in advanced for awhile.

edit: 947 not 957.

Last edited:
BionicRib: No doubles rounds are rated.
Janboboo: If event still says Unofficial" it means the TD didn't submit the report to the PDGA by July 31.

My rating jumped +19 to 943 finally getting me back within a point of my first rating 14 years ago on Aug 8, 1998. Those were the first ratings produced for any PDGA member - everyone who played the 1998 Pro Worlds in Cincinnati.

Up 6 to 975. The slow climb upward continues.

Compliments to the PDGA. The site is significantly faster now.

I've been steady at 950 for months, but I haven't played any tourneys as of late (injured). I've played a few sanctioned league rounds, but they've not done anything. The next three weekends will be sanctioned tourneys, so we'll see how I do after all this time of not playing.

Can't seem to put multiple decent rounds together, so still lingering in the Novice range (836) :wall:
I'd love to bag in a Novice tournament once while I'm still a rookie. Pretty sure I have some 900 rated rounds in me, just waiting to emerge.

havnt played many tourneys this year compared to last year because of my back injury. i have managed to play 3 so far and won one of em back in april that barely showed up on this rating update so im a happy camper as it boosted me 7 points to 951. :) now to just play as good as i do casually, in tournaments ,and ill be even happier.

Chuck, couple of questions:

1) Results for Int Women, Rec Men, and Juniors at Hotlanta (http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/91626/Open ) were submitted incorrectly by the TD -- we're all showing as having played the same layout as the other divisions, when it was in fact a significantly shorter layout for all three rounds. That's fairly obvious in looking at the scores -- the winning score in Rec, for instance, would have been good enough for 4th out of 18 in Advanced if it had been the same layout. As a result, any players who played those divisions has a seriously inflated rating right now -- I went from 851 to 892, and the guy who won Rec now has a 947 (up from 839)that will keep him from being able to play Int as he'd planned to do going forward until/unless it's fixed. A certain amount of the increase in both cases is justified -- all three of his Hotlanta rounds are probably legitimately between 920 and 940, but not 998-959-968. Just eyeballing it, it looks like our rounds are rated about 60-70 higher than they probably should be. So, is there an appeal process, or does he have any recourse in the interim, or is he just condemned to playing Advanced until the next ratings update?

2) Were any PDGA league results factored into the latest update? The Ratings Detail page for me suggests not, but I wasn't sure if they were included but that page hadn't been modified to accommodate that yet.

Thanks for all your ongoing patience and hard work on this stuff.

BionicRib: No doubles rounds are rated.
Janboboo: If event still says Unofficial" it means the TD didn't submit the report to the PDGA by July 31.

My rating jumped +19 to 943 finally getting me back within a point of my first rating 14 years ago on Aug 8, 1998. Those were the first ratings produced for any PDGA member - everyone who played the 1998 Pro Worlds in Cincinnati.

chuck, are there plans to correct the worlds ratings or are they gonna just stay as is?

I can still technically sandbag in Int! 933, 15 point jump! My biggest since I joined like 6 years ago and I'm too damn injured to play still :(

12StonesScott: Contact asweeton at pdga.com with any requests for course layout corrections. League rounds that were rated should be showing up in your Ratings Detail. I know my one league round in April is showing.

jcrab66: We know some MM1 R2 & R3 scores got flipflopped so those will be corrected. Contact asweeton at pdga.com with any other event issues.