• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Up 36 points to 798; however, my one tournament with an unofficial 979 round (I shot out of my mind that round lol) hasn't gone official yet, so my rating should go up even further the next update.

Well tomorrow is the final update for 2015. Got to my highest ever but slipped back a little towards the end of the year. Should finish somewhere in the 876-880 range, maybe a couple points higher if anything stops getting used. This year is the year I lose some weight and relearn how to throw a disc....

Well its always possible.... Chuck?:D

Well saying final update for '15 might not be right. I think maybe it was March that was the first month last year to include '15 events..

Last edited:
In theory, this would have been the last update for 2015. However, there were too many 2015 reports still not received by the Jan 5th "final" deadline. So we'll need another "final" update posted in Feb. Big Dog will post that new "final" 2015 Feb date once he posts this update. As usual, the first update that will include 2016 events will be in March.

Quick possible n00b question.

My rating has updated, however it was not as big of a jump as I expected. Further investigation of my ratings detail showed that a rating for one of my rounds was about 10 points lower than expected. If I then click on the actual results page it shows the rating as I expected it to be (~10 points higher than the ratings detail score). I did notice that on the tournament results page it still classifies as "unofficial", but it has incorporated the win (First MA1 win!!!) into my career totals.

Hope that was confusing enough. I was just wondering if this is a glitch that will get worked out as the results are made official, or if I should contact the PDGA about it?

Up five points to 930. Did not get over 935, which was my rating goal for the year.

Keep on practicing pwag, keep on practicing.

Been playing a little under my average for a while now, but the beauty of the system lies in year-old results falling away, so I went back up a point. Woo-hoo! 900 makes me ineligible for Rec, and accepting $30 in Pro Grandmasters in my last event of the year makes me ineligible for Advanved GM. It's the little things that keep me motivated: improving to the point where I'm not allowed to play easier divisions is one of them. :eek:

Went up to 918. Working on putting together some consecutive clean tournament rounds and get to my goal of 975 or higher.

I was at 933 added in a 941 rated round and went down to 928... That can't be right.

Remember that anything beyond twelve months from your most recent tourney might have dropped off, and that could have included hotter rounds. The other variable is the doubling of value of the most recent rounds, so if there are a couple of low recent ones going with the 941, they could pull you down. :(

So my win in December didn't hit this update, which means no update for me.

Stinks...went 920/960. 960 is my best tourney round, by a decent amount.

Remember that anything beyond twelve months from your most recent tourney might have dropped off, and that could have included hotter rounds. The other variable is the doubling of value of the most recent rounds, so if there are a couple of low recent ones going with the 941, they could pull you down. :(

Nothing dropped and only the 941 went in. I shot a 809 (same tournament) but it dropped from being so low.

My rating is heading back in the right direction finally. I only played 5 tournaments last year, but felt pretty good about all of them. Had my highest rated round ever which was also pretty awesome. Still working on getting an MPO win, but that's probably still a ways off. I'm hopeful though!

Last edited:
Nothing dropped and only the 941 went in. I shot a 809 (same tournament) but it dropped from being so low.

Nothing old dropped but you might have bumped a round or two from the recent ones that had been doubled up. If you had a high rated round that was counting for double previously, and now it doesn't, it could drop you a few points as a result.