• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Up 1 to 941. Had a round from RMC go official at 969 which helped mitigate my utter collapse over the second and third rounds.

I have 13 rated rounds included in my 827 rating. It's not a big deal, but help me understand why my average over those 13 rounds, which was 828.0, is taken down a point to 827. Any ideas? Help a newbie out!

I have 13 rated rounds included in my 827 rating. It's not a big deal, but help me understand why my average over those 13 rounds, which was 828.0, is taken down a point to 827. Any ideas? Help a newbie out!

I'm sure Chuck will chime in with a more technical explanation, but the easiest way to put it is that each individual rating is rounded to the nearest whole number. So a a 843.2 shows as an 843 and an 859.6 rounds to 860.

Your average is calculated on those raw numbers, not on the rounded numbers that get published. The -0.2 here and +0.4 there from the rounding probably accounts for that missing point between your math and the actual math.

Up 24, but one of those rounds is terribly glitched. Either that or a bunch of women spanning from rec to open all threw 100-200 above their rating all on the same day.

Your most recent 25% of rated rounds are weighted double to make your rating more relevant.

Examples: If you have 8 rated rounds. The most recent 2 of those will be weighted double. So then you are actually taking the average of 10 rounds.
If you have 16 total rated rounds, then you would have the 4 most recent round be double weighted and would be averaging from 20 total rounds.

Formula For Someone with 8 Rated Tournament Rounds: R=Round Rating - R1 would be your first tournament round

R1 + R2 + R3 + R4 +R5 + R6 + (R7*2) + R8*2)/Total Weighted Rounds (Count 2 for every R*2)

Up 2 points to my highest yet of 910. It helps that my last 8 rounds average around 925 and my overall rounds used is down to 68 instead of a peak of 106. With so many rounds in one year, it's hard to move the needle! I get another big chuck to drop off next month.

Up 3 to 930. Goal this year was to get to 935...a couple more good tournaments and it could happen. Rating has gone up each of the last 7 rating cycles that I had something to count. That makes me a happy camper.

Well, it might be a while before I can bag intermediate again. I'm up to the highest I've been since I broke my foot (really since I sprained my ankle that spring, since that was the start of my huge drop 2.5 years ago). 939

+1 to 959

Cant wait for my unofficial 1046 rated round to go in next update! It was a course record tying round, tying Will Schustericks record!

So I noticed with this ratings update that AM points are now separated into which Division you won them in. Will this impact how people are invited into AM Worlds?

Down one myself... maybe I should cut back or be more selective on tournament play. Having more fun lately playing casually.

Will end the year at 946. Really thought I'd be able to be over 950. Well, at least I have something to work for next year. Though I'll be doing it in Wisconsin, and not Missouri, so I'll have to get familiar with the area pretty quickly next spring.

Well, I'll post because I finally hit a long term goal to the exact number. I'm 1000 rated for the first time, up from 998.

I do have to admit that having two young children and playing much less golf these days means that 1000 rating is based on only 8 rounds. That small sample size helps my cause for sure. Historically, I have always been a 980s kind of guy, but with older rounds dropping off and recent ones being higher I saw a huge jump the last two updates. Either way, I get to see the 1000 next to my name and it feels pretty cool.

So I noticed with this ratings update that AM points are now separated into which Division you won them in. Will this impact how people are invited into AM Worlds?

Primary Invite Process : The process for a player's primary invite uses ALL of their 2016 earned Amateur points, regardless of the amateur division earned in, to meet the requirement for the player's 2017 age bracket division. Examples of Age Bracket Divisions: Age 16-18 in 2017 = MJ1 or FJ1; Age 19-39 in 2017 = MA1 or FA1; Age 40-49 in 2017 = MM1 or FM1; etc. This process allows for members to still receive an invite for Worlds even though they had aged into a new age bracket which they had not been able to earn points for in the previous year.

Additional Invite Process: The process for an invite to any additional divisions beyond the Primary Invite, uses only those 2016 points earned while actually playing in the specific division to meet that division's points requirement.

Effective Date...Rating...Rounds Used
.15-Nov-2016.....958...........99
.18-Oct-2016.....951...........98

Grrr. Was really trying to get to 100 rounds included. Oh well. Still a huge jump with that many rounds used.

Latest posts