• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Elaine King and I, Dean Schaub, submitted the idea to Steve Gans at PDGA and he had it up within a day. This was during the pdga board of directors summit. Glad people like it so far. More stuff is coming!

One thing our local club site had that was pretty cool, was a comparison option. You could compare yourself against another player and it would show you scores from events you both played and you could compare two other players against each other. I think I mentioned it to Chuck awhile back and he said someone had already brought it up but I think it would be a cool option.

First rating in 5 years.....874, my high before that was only 911 so I'm hoping to beat my old PR next season.

That makes more sense now that you mention it. Cool feature regardless!

Cool feature unless yours says -19, which then just feels like a cruel feature .... :)

What happens when 1000 and high 900 rated rounds drop off and two 830's suddenly jump into your standard deviation unexpectedly.... :(

+8 to 937 to end the season.

After losing 26 points in one update last year, and having my all-time lowest rating at 912 earlier this year, it feels good to be moving in the right direction again. Should be able to get back close to 950 next season if I can stay healthy.

Anyone else have incorrect rounds counted? Apparently my first tournament ever from 2014 is included in this update, but some of the rounds that were supposed to drop did.

At any rate, up 2 to 880

New feature. You can now see all of your round rating results under the ratings detail tab. It will indicate which are included in your current rating.

Anyone else have incorrect rounds counted? Apparently my first tournament ever from 2014 is included in this update, but some of the rounds that were supposed to drop did.

At any rate, up 2 to 880

Looks like all rounds are now listed under ratings detail, but the word 'No' in the Included column means they did not count. Just a quicker way to look at all of your past events.

Useful feature I suppose; gotta love viewing it on a phone and not seeing that column

-15 to 927. Had a pretty miserable tourney season (all four I played). Just not playing/practicing as much as I once have, and it shows. Down from 949 earlier this year. Blah.

-15 to 927. Had a pretty miserable tourney season (all four I played). Just not playing/practicing as much as I once have, and it shows. Down from 949 earlier this year. Blah.

I'm also at 927, down from 978 several years back ;) You either have the time to commit to the game or you don't. Worst thing you can do is get down on yourself about it. It took me a little while to remember that as well.

Jumped +59 up to 955 from 896...

Guess that's what happens why you play for fun and not in a sanctioned tournament since 2013.

Beware Mr. Fun, just as rating can jump after much time off, rating can also plummet the next time due to fewer rounds played. Good luck grasshopper.

Beware Mr. Fun, just as rating can jump after much time off, rating can also plummet the next time due to fewer rounds played. Good luck grasshopper.

LOL, grasshopper? I've been playing DG since 2001. I understand how ratings work and the fickle nature of them. I was just pointing out that you don't need to always play in tournaments to get better.

After another drop on my downward spiral of ratings despair I posted up the idea in Reddit of what your rating would like if you just took the average of your top ten rounds ever. This immediately made my fragile ego feel better and from now on I will be calling myself a 978 rated player instead of facing the harsh reality :)

It seems to have struck a chord with people and has made me wonder whether something like that could be added as another stat on the PDGA page?

I love the way the ratings work but it can be so frustrating to have one shocking weekend ruin the rating for a year, through playing irregularly and playing when injured/ill/whatever because I'm organising the events I normally have at least one shocker of a weekend a year. Having a top ten average as a secondary stat to track against the main rating would make this feel slightly less painful! With all the other changes I wonder if this or something like it would be feasible to add?

After another drop on my downward spiral of ratings despair I posted up the idea in Reddit of what your rating would like if you just took the average of your top ten rounds ever.

Fun. Mine would be 973.

That was kinda sad too since it made me realize I've only thrown 4 970+ rounds ever. And only a single 1000 rated round.

Worst round ever? 828 at Justin Trails classic. Shooting a hot 58.

...McBeth's Top 10 would be 1106.

Last edited:
Down another 4 points. Beyond embarrassingly low rating now. Can I really be this bad??