• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

Just an FYI for you guys waiting. It doesn't matter how far you are from the shipping location, it matters how far you are from UPS's main hubs. If I shipped two identical packages from Los Angeles on the same day, one to New York, and one to Idaho, which one do you think will get there first. The logistics involved in shipping the volume they do on a daily basis is mind boggling.

UPS has a regional hub about 20 miles from me. I worked next door for a while. And I encountered a local who received his bag yesterday at noon. Just a bit put out. Not a huge deal.

I took my new Contender out to league last night for its inaugural round and I've got to say I'm impressed. I got this bag because I thought it was a great design and I wanted a traditional backpack style bag for rounds when I didn't need to carry as much stuff. I didn't expect I would ever use it in a tournament because my Mahal is perfect for that. But after playing a round with it I can definatley say it's a 'contender' :)o) to be my main bag. Here are some of my initial observations both overall and in comparison (Better, Worse, Equal) to my Mahal.

Top Positive:
1. Feels good on the back
2. Can reach water bottles and rear pockets while wearing
3. Stands up very well on its own
4. Top storage area, Putter, and mini are all high and easy to access
5. Very Durable
6. Carries a stool very well

Top Negative:
1. No easy way to use a hydration bladder
2. Sternum strap is fat and not height adjustable
3. Water bottles pop out when I set it down*

*This is my biggest complaint about the Contender. I use 32oz Avex Autoseal bottles that are taller and skinnier than the standard wide mouth Nalgene bottles. On my Mahal the elastic openings on the holders need to be stretched each time to fit these bottles, so it's not a clear advantage to either bag. On the Contender they slide in easy, but they also pop out easy if I set it down too hard on the ground. Probably happened 15 times last night before I started setting the bag down more gently. Not sure what I can do to fix this.

I'm really glad I took a chance on this bag. I think it beats the other backpack style bags and still manages to cost >$50 less. I think my Mahal may be a better overall bag for me because of it's capacity, adjustability and hydration bladder compatibility, but it did cost me $77 more than the Contender.

Bottom line...this is a great bag and Chris and company deserve big props :clap::clap::clap:

I took my new Contender out to league last night for its inaugural round and I've got to say I'm impressed. I got this bag because I thought it was a great design and I wanted a traditional backpack style bag for rounds when I didn't need to carry as much stuff. I didn't expect I would ever use it in a tournament because my Mahal is perfect for that. But after playing a round with it I can definatley say it's a 'contender' :)o) to be my main bag. Here are some of my initial observations both overall and in comparison (Better, Worse, Equal) to my Mahal.

Top Positive:
1. Feels good on the back
2. Can reach water bottles and rear pockets while wearing
3. Stands up very well on its own
4. Top storage area, Putter, and mini are all high and easy to access
5. Very Durable
6. Carries a stool very well

Top Negative:
1. No easy way to use a hydration bladder
2. Sternum strap is fat and not height adjustable
3. Water bottles pop out when I set it down*

*This is my biggest complaint about the Contender. I use 32oz Avex Autoseal bottles that are taller and skinnier than the standard wide mouth Nalgene bottles. On my Mahal the elastic openings on the holders need to be stretched each time to fit these bottles, so it's not a clear advantage to either bag. On the Contender they slide in easy, but they also pop out easy if I set it down too hard on the ground. Probably happened 15 times last night before I started setting the bag down more gently. Not sure what I can do to fix this.

I'm really glad I took a chance on this bag. I think it beats the other backpack style bags and still manages to cost >$50 less. I think my Mahal may be a better overall bag for me because of it's capacity, adjustability and hydration bladder compatibility, but it did cost me $77 more than the Contender.

Bottom line...this is a great bag and Chris and company deserve big props :clap::clap::clap:

Glad you like it :) enjoy!

Bag showed up to the house of the person who's debit card I used. :p Was delivered to me by my buddy last night. Haven't had a chance to throw yet, but it's niiiiiiice. I better never have to buy another bag! Lol.

Bag showed up to the house of the person who's debit card I used. :p Was delivered to me by my buddy last night. Haven't had a chance to throw yet, but it's niiiiiiice. I better never have to buy another bag! Lol.

Probably not :) could last 5 even 10 years easy if you take care of it

Spot on!

I would agree with the water bottle issue. I had a 32 oz camelback style bottle that had a wider bottom and skinnier on top, and it still popped out when I was putting the bag on. As a matter fact my bottle cracked. I went to the local sporting goods store and snagged a 32oz Nalgene bottle, which was the same bottle they used in the video review. I feel like the Nalgene bottle fits pretty snug and I'm hoping I don't continue to have the same issue. I think if the pockets were designed so that they flexed to a 32oz Nalgene bottle or had a draw string on them to help secure whatever style of bottle you decided to put in the pocket, it would be on point!
The other potential issue I see is the bottom. I didn't notice it until my buddy pointed it out. I carry 24 discs(well within the limit of the bag), what he noticed was that the bottom sags in the middle, right where there are no rubber feet. Where I see this being a potential issue is from setting it down, and picking it up off the ground, and it possibly wearing the bottom out! Time will tell as it always does, and I of course hope my bottom doesn't wear out!

Overall though, I'm beyond happy with my bag. I played 52 baskets yesterday and my back and shoulders felt great afterwards! I enjoy the storage, and the ease of pulling my discs out!

Has anyone gone through the warranty process yet? My strap started ripping the other day (1st run contender) and now after 2 rounds its about 2/3 of the way off. I sent them a message through their website on Wednesday and still haven't gotten a response back yet.

Has anyone gone through the warranty process yet? My strap started ripping the other day (1st run contender) and now after 2 rounds its about 2/3 of the way off. I sent them a message through their website on Wednesday and still haven't gotten a response back yet.

Don't worry bud, i will contact Chris and let him know you sent him an email. He may have missed the message. The process is simple, you tell them the problem, send picture proof and then you get it replaced. Stay tuned let me see if i can get him now, if not tomorrow. Im pming you Chef fini

Last edited:

Yes. I sent back my 1st run Contender for the very same thing although it took longer. I use mine EVERY day (unless it rains). I got my back back with 2nd run straps and they've held up nicely for the last month.

Other than comfort, I'm very pleased with this one and my warranty work was top shelf.

I have now used my bag a few rounds and even took it hiking on a day trip! It got snagged on branches, rolled a bit down a mountain, scraped against cave walls, and I even fell into a stream while crossing water covered granite(natural Teflon I swear to God...) It looks brand new!

I will post pictures when I get around to writing a review. There are some things that I don't like about the bag, but none are deal breakers atm. So far so good!

Latest posts