• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Plastic types for Roc

Piqsid

I just lost my roc (sniff).

So I want to get a new one. I knew I was going to loose it eventually since with was a grass-green color (the dumbest color possible) and I am pretty color blind anyway. Plus I am terrible and throw half my shots into the woods anyway.

It was a dx roc since I started cheap for all my disks. Should I upgrade to star plastic for my next one or should I keep with the dx plastic. I see lots of discussion on different plastics flying different ways even though Innova says plastic should only effect grip and durrability.

I have a Buzzz that says on the disc it has a 0 for its flight. I know online it is supposed to have a -0.5. I'm wondering if its straight flight is because it is the cheaper plastic.

Right now I am on vacation 0.5 miles from the Lemon Lake courses, and there is a Star Roc for sale in a local shop, but no DX. I want to keep playing this weekend and I know I need my roc, so if your answer is that the DX flies different and I won't like the Star plastic as much, I will be upset.

stick with the roc since you've been throwing it all ready, but upgrade to the KC Pro roc. Best disc ever made yet still easily replaced being only around 10-12 bucks usually. They wear in GREAT!!! You'll only grow to love them more.

....anyways, KC Pro Roc. You won't be disappointed:thmbup:

Flat tops if your not going to do champion

Everyone is going to give you a different answer.
I vote for DX Rocs. I keep a few in my bag in various stages of wear.
Cheap, breaks in really well, easily replaced, fabulous distance/control/predictability. Win/win/win/win.

stick with the roc since you've been throwing it all ready, but upgrade to the KC Pro roc. Best disc ever made yet still easily replaced being only around 10-12 bucks usually. They wear in GREAT!!! You'll only grow to love them more.

what he said

Cheap, breaks in really well, easily replaced, fabulous distance/control/predictability. Win/win/win/win.

QFT
DX Rocs are the best, Maybe carry a KC for headwinds

I'm a big fan of simple. You had a DX Roc. You liked the DX Roc. You lost the DX Roc. You should replace it with...a DX Roc.

I'm with Marmoset. I use several DX Rocs in various stages of wear. They break in to cover a wide variety of shots. Cheap, easy to find, easy to replace...I'm just not seeing the downside.

I'm another one of these guys. I currently carry 3-4 dx and one KC in the bag.

Don't neglect Glo plastic for your Rancho Roc needs. It has a nice, buttery feel and molds up nice & flat.

I would give my entire hot pepper harvest to have a handful or two of proper Gremlins in this delightful plastic, but, alas, I can't find any evidence of the existence of such a run.

^This

I'm a big fan of simple. You had a DX Roc. You liked the DX Roc. You lost the DX Roc. You should replace it with...a DX Roc.

I'm with Marmoset. I use several DX Rocs in various stages of wear. They break in to cover a wide variety of shots. Cheap, easy to find, easy to replace...I'm just not seeing the downside.

That ^^^

i agree that the kc pro is an awesome plastic, but lets say you have the option between a star plastic and a dx plastic for the roc. what way would you go, leaving kc out of the mix? personaly, if the star is more than the cost of 2 dx's, i would pass on the star. can you get a dx roc at your present location as well? can you get a kc pro roc? nothing wrong with star, but for the money, i would weigh your options. most academys near dfw sell the kc pro roc for $8, i would see if there is an academy near by if you've never held a kc... then make your decision. ...if you can wait out long enough to run a few errands for such an obviously amazing disc.

As I recall, you can get two DX Rocs for the price of one of them premium plastic ones. So that's my advice. Buy TWO DX Rocs and have a good time with them.

San Marino Roc ... thoughts? I liked my buddy's n thinking hard bout getting my own to compliment some new buzzz's (hopefully, get misprints on Mon or Tues!!)

Eh, the newer DX San Marino isn't as stable out of the box as the Rancho. Because of that it's not as good of a disc for cycling. It's also not in regular production; you have to get CFR's which can cost more and can be a pain to find. The Star San Marino really didn't have the Rocish glide I was looking for, I really didn't care for them at all. Neither of them were bad discs, just nothing that would make me put up the Rancho Roc.

i agree that the kc pro is an awesome plastic, but lets say you have the option between a star plastic and a dx plastic for the roc. what way would you go, leaving kc out of the mix? personaly, if the star is more than the cost of 2 dx's, i would pass on the star. can you get a dx roc at your present location as well? can you get a kc pro roc? nothing wrong with star, but for the money, i would weigh your options. most academys near dfw sell the kc pro roc for $8, i would see if there is an academy near by if you've never held a kc... then make your decision. ...if you can wait out long enough to run a few errands for such an obviously amazing disc.

if you're choosing between star and DX...go with the DX. You want your rocs to beat up.

I had a Star Roc and well, they don't beat in. You want a roc that does.

Go with DX.

Eh, the newer DX San Marino isn't as stable out of the box as the Rancho. Because of that it's not as good of a disc for cycling. It's also not in regular production; you have to get CFR's which can cost more and can be a pain to find. The Star San Marino really didn't have the Rocish glide I was looking for, I really didn't care for them at all. Neither of them were bad discs, just nothing that would make me put up the Rancho Roc.

Was not a fan of the San Marino Star here either.

What if all the rumors about the newer "Ranchos" not being actual Ranchos, but instead a +? Would you still be throwing Rancho Rocs, scrambling to try to find the older ones, or would you just throw the "new mold"? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ (I can't help it), but I'm genuinely interested in what you may have to say on the matter.

Latest posts