• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play after a tourney= find of lots of great disc

War Eagle

Banned
I played a round after a tourney I played today. So I lose a disc I was mad. I get in the watter and start picking disc after disc then I think I find it. Nope same disc and weight and same color, but not mine. I finally found it. I went from being -1 Disc to + 15 Disc. I'll probably end up selling them on ebay or on here. One of them was japanese. Only one had a name on it and I called ,and said he wants it to die so I can have it.

I played a round after a tourney I played today. So I lose a disc I was mad. I get in the watter and start picking disc after disc then I think I find it. Nope same disc and weight and same color, but not mine. I finally found it. I went from being -1 Disc to + 15 Disc. I'll probably end up selling them on ebay or on here. One of them was japanese. Only one had a name on it and I called ,and said he wants it to die so I can have it.

He wants to die?:eek:

Glad to hear that you made the effort to return the one disc. I like the system that Morley Field has in San Diego where you get a buck for each lost disc that you turn in. The person whose disc it is has to pay a buck to get it back. I have only lost three discs but I think a system like that means there is a better chance of getting them back.

I can't for the love of God understand why people don't put their names on their discs.

Looks like you hit the jackpot. I'm surprised only 1 was inked.

Our local club does a $3 buy back fee that goes right into club funds...that's if one of the club guys finds it before some shmuck with no integrity does.
If you don't put your name and/or number on your disc, then it's finders keepers.
Discs used in a tournament should be marked...most people mark their discs with their name.

Glad to hear that you made the effort to return the one disc. I like the system that Morley Field has in San Diego where you get a buck for each lost disc that you turn in. The person whose disc it is has to pay a buck to get it back. I have only lost three discs but I think a system like that means there is a better chance of getting them back.

I was under the impression that it was REQUIRED for tourney play.
This only applies to PDGA tournaments. More specifically (or perhaps less), the rule requires that discs be "uniquely marked", not necessarily bear the owner's name. You could write "Burmashave!" on them, and you'd be good.

you don't have to print your name but it has to be an identifying mark(for tourney play)...i tell "newbies" to write thier name/number in their discs, but most don't do it...i make every effort to return plastic i find, but i don't feel too sorry for finding brand new discs with no markings what-so-ever

I was under the impression that it was REQUIRED for tourney play.

It is required, but it is a difficult thing for tournament directors to police, so not all discs thrown in tournament play are actually marked.

i'd focus on my putting if I were you folks and let the other folks tweak out on the small potatos.

i thought they had changed the rule about marking discs? no? perhaps not.
they change so many rules i have lost track. (disclaimer, i am kidding)

:^/

I agree. I never understood someone not marking a disc so folks can... hopefully, return it to them.

Last edited:
I have played with people that don't return discs and I cringe. I must admit that early on in my playing career there was one disc that I did not call and threw the disc into a different lake than the one I pulled it out of. But putting your name, phone number and/or PDGA member number are really great things to do. I usually try to re-ink all my discs before playing in a tourney as those are the times when you are not allowed much time to search for discs.

i really only write on the discs i wanna keep. If i buy one and dont like then lose it, its no sweat off my back to let someone else try. But thanks to the great suggestions on the site i dont usually get the discs i dont like.

I find often them with a name on it and am not sure how much effort should be put into finding a disc with just a name. Not to be lazy but I shouldnt need to hunt the person down.
I feel like your phone number, or atleast pdga number or something would make it much easier to find the person.