• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing in a tournament with no bag

At the Illinois Open Series #1 @ Channahon, IL earlier this month, we had one of these guys. One disc only, I think it was a Discraft Reaper. Anyway, about halfway through the first round he lost it in a nasty creek. Instead of running back to Tornament Central and using his coupon for a replacement, he said screw it and left. His group was prepared to wait for him too.

My girlfriend refuses to buy a bag. Or let me buy her one for that matter. She carries 3 discs. Of course I have to carry her water & her other 2 discs in my bag. I might just have to upgrade out of my Innova starter bag soon & let her inherit it.

Steve Dodge, Larry Hinkle, Bryan Stableford, Rabah Sbitani, and an assortment of other colorful characters have played Carl's Open & VA States with a single disc (lid) many times over the years.

One year, I hope to get just drunk enough to be convinced to play the events with just a mini.

If I didn't need two waters, Advil, Sudafed, Neosporin, Bandaids, keys, Chapstick, Mini-pocket, Towels, Pocketbook, pencil, clipboard, Sharpie, rule book, dang....I am starting to feel high maintenace!!:( And I was thinking of adding a tri-fold chair to this menagarie?????

Maybe all this digging is getting me distracted.

Played with a guy who finished third just carrying 4 discs and a towel in his hands.

If I didn't need two waters, Advil, Sudafed, Neosporin, Bandaids, keys, Chapstick, Mini-pocket, Towels, Pocketbook, pencil, clipboard, Sharpie, rule book, dang....I am starting to feel high maintenace!!:( And I was thinking of adding a tri-fold chair to this menagarie?????

Maybe all this digging is getting me distracted.

...and last but not least, Vagasil.

Little different....but Chris Heeren placed second at the 2009 Sandy Point Open (Sandy Point Disc Golf Ranch, Wisconsin) to Barry Schultz; less than two weeks after being signed by Discraft and playing with their discs only for that short period. A good field. Barry always lights up that course.

At the Illinois Open Series #1 @ Channahon, IL earlier this month, we had one of these guys. One disc only, I think it was a Discraft Reaper. Anyway, about halfway through the first round he lost it in a nasty creek. Instead of running back to Tornament Central and using his coupon for a replacement, he said screw it and left. His group was prepared to wait for him too.

i was at that tournament. i head about this from another one of the guys that was out there that day, pretty funny if you ask me

Good for him. I feel bad for that clash round at ast.
I guess after seeing Scott keeping up with the champ....;)

That would be intimidating to see another player show up with just a few discs. I would be leary of such a person because they are probably pretty good or just the opposite.

I carried 2 discs for 8 years. Only got a bag 2 months ago. Won't go back, but I do think it makes you better to play with limited discs. First tourney tomorrow morning!

beware of me and my 4 discs! haha..ooo wait i got a new one now, secret weapon!

I would pay money to be at your first tournament!:popcorn::hfive:

I didn't know you were supposed to throw your bag anyway. Seems like the bag thing doesn't really matter. All that matters is where the discs end up, and how many shots it take sot get there. Simple.