• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Don't mind at all ! John Walter Smith Park in Snow Hill, MD. I'm at a conference in Ocean City so it's about a 25 minute drive. Beautiful manicured course and I've had the place to myself every evening

Nice! I have not played that course yet. I need to spend a few days on the Eastern Shore.

This is what it can look like when you start to install a course in the Pittsburgh area. Played the Faith Church course this week. It's just roughed in but I gave it a whirl. As is, I see lots of potential for a nice, short, course. There is LOTS of hard work coming for the team putting it in, though. I wish them well!

I think that the primary weed seen in this pic is Stiltgrass. I hate this stuff. It's all over courses I've been on in WV, PA, and MD. It's a particularly bad problem on my Knobley Mt. course.

picture.php

Yup Japanese Stiltgrass. Plenty of hate from me as well. Quite invasive caca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what it can look like when you start to install a course in the Pittsburgh area. Played the Faith Church course this week. It's just roughed in but I gave it a whirl. As is, I see lots of potential for a nice, short, course. There is LOTS of hard work coming for the team putting it in, though. I wish them well!

I think that the primary weed seen in this pic is Stiltgrass. I hate this stuff. It's all over courses I've been on in WV, PA, and MD. It's a particularly bad problem on my Knobley Mt. course.

picture.php

I played this course in June. The pastor at the church who is spearheading the course had incredible enthusiasm, so I couldn't bring myself to write a review warning folks of what they were getting into at present. But the course as it was was more or less the least playable course I've ever seen, hilariously overgrown with gnarly, awkward lines and some awkward navigation to boot. You even throw over the parking lot at one point. If they can turn it into a functional environment then good on them, but boy does that seem like an uphill battle. I left battle-scarred.

I played this course in June. The pastor at the church who is spearheading the course had incredible enthusiasm, so I couldn't bring myself to write a review warning folks of what they were getting into at present. But the course as it was was more or less the least playable course I've ever seen, hilariously overgrown with gnarly, awkward lines and some awkward navigation to boot. You even throw over the parking lot at one point. If they can turn it into a functional environment then good on them, but boy does that seem like an uphill battle. I left battle-scarred.

Agreed 100%! I briefly talked to the pastor and a little longer to another gentleman. It seems like they really are going to put in the work to make this a legit course.

I played all of the wooded holes from the short tees as I wasn't feeling liking looking for good throws for 20 minutes or losing discs. I didn't feel right doing a review, either, so I put some details in the course conditions area. It will be interesting to see what this looks like in a year or two.

The water carry photo is The Lair at Lake Marshall No. 15 with two carries. I splashed it.

The second photo is The Lions at Lake Marshall No. 16 also elevated with a meandering creek all the way down. Is my favorite hole in disc golf scenic and extremely difficult. Hit trees all the way down.

Attachments

• PIC_2268.JPG
    PIC_2268.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 68
  • PIC_2272.jpg
    PIC_2272.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
Don't mind at all ! John Walter Smith Park in Snow Hill, MD. I'm at a conference in Ocean City so it's about a 25
91732bc455420610405fc351a231f2ed.jpg

minute drive. Beautiful manicured course and I've had the place to myself every evening
c7f12e9a5aa8b1c0deafeaa235de0d95.jpg

I played John Smith last month, that was a fun course. I think that first photo you posted commenting on the poison ivy was #18? Some good courses on the Eastern Shore Lynnwood Forrest and Indiantown.

The water carry photo is The Lair at Lake Marshall No. 15 with two carries. I splashed it.

The second photo is The Lions at Lake Marshall No. 16 also elevated with a meandering creek all the way down. Is my favorite hole in disc golf scenic and extremely difficult. Hit trees all the way down.

So I guess you don't have any awesome fish stories for us, either? :D

The start of my round yesterday morning at Hawk Hollow on the left No.1. I think it could be the most elevated tee shot I've ever played? The middle looking down the fairway toward No. 2 tee on same hill. On the right uphill from No. 5 tee.

If your thinking about going, the course will be closed for calving season in about a month. Well worth the 5 1/2 hour round trip.

Attachments

• PIC_2277.JPG
    PIC_2277.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 54
  • PIC_2279.jpg
    PIC_2279.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 50
  • PIC_2278.jpg
    PIC_2278.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 53
A collage of photos of directional signs I put up at my course this week.

I made signs for every 18 hole course in Upper Michigan plus a bunch of the best/most famous courses from around the world. Some signs are actually for "multi-courses" (Smuggler's Notch, Selah Ranch, Highbridge Hills).

The distances are 100% accurate...the direction the signs point are not. :D

A collage of photos of directional signs I put up at my course this week.

I made signs for every 18 hole course in Upper Michigan plus a bunch of the best/most famous courses from around the world. Some signs are actually for "multi-courses" (Smuggler's Notch, Selah Ranch, Highbridge Hills).

The distances are 100% accurate...the direction the signs point are not. :D

you up in copper harbor area

i played powder mill last year and i even got an ace at silver creek

5a999c65.jpg

Maybe the closest course has unduly influenced me to like tight wooded golf, I dunno. :| :| :| :\ :D :rolleyes:

What course is that if you don't mind me asking? Looks midwestish for sure.

you up in copper harbor area

i played powder mill last year and i even got an ace at silver creek

elmex humble brag? Need to go to the UP to get an ace with all those gnarly, thick wooded gems by you? :D

Latest posts