• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest trade and purchase haul:

Cryztal Buzzz (wifes), Z buzzz (mine), Trident (mine)
Assassin (wifes), Double D (wifes), Blitz (mine)
Torque (both dont like), Stalker (just got), FLX Challenger (we both like)

Love the Lost dye on the Challenger!

Just got my first ace with my newest disc. A Champion Leopard. I learned with a leopard so I feel very comfortable with it but didn't have one for the longest time. VERY GOOD INVESTMENT

for 6 years i've only used 2-3 discs tops and never had a bag. finally broke down and bought a bag, and some new plastics...

175 Champion Groove (way toooo much disc for me)
173 Star Road Runner (love the long turn to the left when i throw RHFH)
Magnet
165 Pro Destroyer
161 Pro Orc (surprisingly long)

looking to grab a roc or a buzz (to see what all the hype is about) but the champ shark i use seems to be pretty consistent for me.

DX Whippet: Best Forehand disc for me yet!
Z Buzzz: A little overstable for my liking but it still needs to get beaten in.

These are all from my 1st place winning money last weekend.

175 star destroyer bottom stamp fly dye
172 star destroyer bottom stamp
171 star destroyer fly dye
175 star destroyer fly dye
171 star roadrunner fly dye
167 champion teebird
175 aviar bottom stamp
175 aviar glow
175 aviar 20th anniver....

170 or so Z Predator.

LOVE. IT. Everything they say about it is true - goes solidly left, fights wind well. Awesome.

BLM

Posted in equipment too but this is too damn pretty not to repost:
dsc09642.jpg

The last "new" disc I bought was 175g Shark. I bought it because the local league had a "mini" one disc tourney. Before this disc I had never thrown a Shark before. So far I've been pleased with it. Especially with anhyzers on dog leg right fairways (I'm RHBH).

I also picked up a couple of old school discs for 5 bucks from a guy on the league. These looked like they had never been thrown before. The first disc is a 174g Python. I couldn't get my hands on it fast enough. I had read somewhere on the Internet that the mold for this disc was the same mold as the old Scorpion. It certainly looks like a Scorpion. The other disc is another Innova disc but I have no idea what it is. I bought it simply because it has Motorola and the Motorola batwings stamped on it (I used to work for Motorola years ago).

Check this out... the night I bought these I decided I would play a quick round before going home to see what they could do. I was at Elon Park and since this was going to be a quick run through the course I played the short tees. On hole two I almost got my first ace with a skip from the Python. It hit the front of the chains but not head on enough to fall into basket. Then on hole seven I threw the "Motorola" disc. I hyzer flipped it and got this beautiful S curve out of it. I was expecting to overshoot the basket and end up in the trees which would have still left me in a position to par, but that bad boy had other plans. It hit the chains dead on and dropped in the basket! My first ace! :D I was shocked. Of course the first thing I did was look around to see if anyone from the league was still around to see it (this particular tee and basket are close to the parking lot). To my dismay, everyone was gone. :( Damn it!

Oh well. That was the best $5 I've ever spent in all of my disc golf playing days. I'm really pleased with that Python. I played a round with it last weekend at Kilborne and it's definitely staying in my bag from now on. I also like the "Motorola" disc although it seems to be a little unforgiving. It's bag worthy but I'll likely keep it on the shelf with my other Motorola things.

I am picking up a Beast next week though. I'm really excited to see what that disc can do. Although I am concerned I may be disappointed. I don't have a big arm so we'll see what happens. What I really like about that disc is the wide rim. Man that thing is comfortable. Especially given how I grip a disc. It just feels so good in my hand. Of course so does the Wraith. I was debating real hard between the Beast and Wraith. The Beast will be my first real "new" technology disc that I've purchased in years.

Funny money haul today:

DX Roc
DX Gator
Champ Monarch
R-pro Boss
Star Aviar Driver
2 SSS Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts