• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

power balance bracelet

$30 gets me 2 pairs of lucky smartwools. pre-shot routine = free.

if they cost $.50, THEN it's no biggie...but $30? cmon, that deserves at least a LITTLE ridicule, no?

I guess it depends. If someone pays 30 bones on a bracelet hoping it helps and it does nothing or even worse, then sure, they're due for some ridicule. But if I told you that I could snap my fingers and you'd drop on average 4 strokes a round immediately, which may improve, and it'll cost you $30. Would you pay that? I'd say probably. I'd venture to guess you've probably spent a lot more on plastic than you should have, haven't we all on this site? My point is, I don't think you should write something off simply because it has a placebo effect, and that $30 for something that helps you focus, concentrate and gives you increased confidence isn't really all that insane, if in fact it does those things for you. If you pay it magically thinking it'll help and it does nothing, then yeah, that sucks.

I don't get it. You point out something that was mentioned in the first post and the thread is somehow done? I find the discussion about placebo and using things to improve your game, that don't directly affect anything physically, pretty interesting.

I got one of these in my stalking for Christmas. All it did was cut off the circulation to my hand. If you want something that really will help your score I would recommend a sweatband on your throwing hand during the summer. If nothing else it helps me not worry about my sweaty hand being a big problem.

I guess it depends. If someone pays 30 bones on a bracelet hoping it helps and it does nothing or even worse, then sure, they're due for some ridicule. But if I told you that I could snap my fingers and you'd drop on average 4 strokes a round immediately, which may improve, and it'll cost you $30. Would you pay that? I'd say probably. I'd venture to guess you've probably spent a lot more on plastic than you should have, haven't we all on this site? My point is, I don't think you should write something off simply because it has a placebo effect, and that $30 for something that helps you focus, concentrate and gives you increased confidence isn't really all that insane, if in fact it does those things for you. If you pay it magically thinking it'll help and it does nothing, then yeah, that sucks.

Well you could tell me, but I already know its a placebo so it wont work. Because I don't believe it. Are we not allowed to have our own opinions on a product? I think we should be. You sound like a sales rep the way you're praising this waste of money bracelet.

How on earth does a ring of silicone with two holographic stickers on it get a thread six pages long?

How on earth does a ring of silicone with two holographic stickers on it get a thread six pages long?

People are fools and/or want to shout down fools? :p ;)

Well you could tell me, but I already know its a placebo so it wont work. Because I don't believe it. Are we not allowed to have our own opinions on a product? I think we should be. You sound like a sales rep the way you're praising this waste of money bracelet.

I'm not saying anything on anyones opinion on a product, you're missing my point. I'm saying that if I could snap my fingers and it did shave strokes off your game, you'd gladly pay me $30 for that. That's what this bracelet did for this guy, so why's he an idiot? The product isn't in question here for me, it's a 2 cent piece of silicone. The problem I have is the people who get aggro and insulting because someone is into it. People search high and low for something that will give them an improvement. If someone finds it in a power balance bracelet or a phiten necklace, then why should they be ridiculed? It comes off like jealousy and cynicism and nothing else. Everyone just seems jealous that this dude found a way to shave 3 strokes off his average round and is throwing around insults as a way to cope. Like you say, we are all allowed to have our opinions on the product, and for that matter, on the people who use it. I just happen to think that if your opinion is "It's a piece of crap and anyone who believes it and wastes $30 on it is an idiot", you're just being a jerk. But that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying anything on anyones opinion on a product, you're missing my point. I'm saying that if I could snap my fingers and it did shave strokes off your game, you'd gladly pay me $30 for that. That's what this bracelet did for this guy, so why's he an idiot? The product isn't in question here for me, it's a 2 cent piece of silicone. The problem I have is the people who get aggro and insulting because someone is into it. People search high and low for something that will give them an improvement. If someone finds it in a power balance bracelet or a phiten necklace, then why should they be ridiculed? It comes off like jealousy and cynicism and nothing else. Everyone just seems jealous that this dude found a way to shave 3 strokes off his average round and is throwing around insults as a way to cope. Like you say, we are all allowed to have our opinions on the product, and for that matter, on the people who use it. I just happen to think that if your opinion is "It's a piece of crap and anyone who believes it and wastes $30 on it is an idiot", you're just being a jerk. But that's just my opinion.

:rolleyes:

Just curious how do yall feel about those magnetic bracelets a lot of ball golfers wear? They seem to have science behind those though I've never done any research about them.

I think all of this stuff is a bunch of hogwash. Save the $30 or whatever, believe in YOURSELF, and reap the same results.

Mind power. Get some. :|

I squeeze one off before a round. Takes 5 strokes off my game, because of the voodoo ceremony I use the...magic juice in. or because my arm is warmed up! And its free!