• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

ive had a pink spd in the bag for about 2 months now. flies like new. doesnt really ding up. this will be in the bag until i lose it. love flipping it into the wind. mn homies that played st cloud riverside, i flexed out a fat drive on hole 10. solid head wind. still released it flat watched it turn over and ride it then flexed out at the end. landed by the short pin so thats how far it went. god damm it was a beauty in the day. i love the pd flight

39ELxyq.jpg

Picked up a GPD the other day. Only got to play one round with it, but so far I am a fan. Picked it up for the same reason I picked up a G* Firebird, to help minimize skips and I like what I've seen so far.

^^^^^
how is the flight compared to C-PD and S-PD?

I've been throwing a first run G-PD mostly for night rounds (red disc lights up well with a red LED) and it flies like a slightly beat S-PD out of the box. A little more glide, a little less fade, but the same predictable lines overall. It's most similar to the S-Line; doesn't really compare to the C-Lines in any iteration (3rd run pearly and 4th run non-JL's included). The G-Line plastic itself is not too floppy, but it definitely skips less than the slicker S- and C- plastics.

Not sure what else to say about it other than it's a PD. It actually molded up very nicely IMO and if you need a PD that flies similar to the S-Line, but with a tiny bit more glide, definitely pick one up.

Oh noooooo they sound like my red ones...the ones I loved and gave up on because I couldn't find replacements...

You can't just do this to me, discmania. :(

I haven't been able to throw mine yet, but PLH is between my s-line and CFR c-line. Closer to the s but definitely slightly higher.

I haven't been able to throw mine yet, but PLH is between my s-line and CFR c-line. Closer to the s but definitely slightly higher.

where you get yours? gggt doesnt have them yet (even though i hate that store and their service)

Last edited:
where you get yours? gggt doesnt have them yet (even though i hate that store and their service)

I ordered from Discmania when they went up last week.
Justin at Community just posted his on his site, so that would definitely save you on shipping costs.

I ordered from Discmania when they went up last week.
Justin at Community just posted his on his site, so that would definitely save you on shipping costs.

also from your sig how is your distance line up? im about to pair up pds with sidewinders since the new champ ones are decently beeefy for a sw. im taking the saint out of my bag for lasers. is there any shot or gap your missing by only having those two?

G* on right in all pics

vs FR S-Line
510c938f-59e4-4413-945d-c66e3013d715_zps6486b6d9.jpg

vs Shield Stamp S-Line
ffb36458-dddb-4d1a-8b58-aa96b81aa8a1_zps85b3ce73.jpg

vs Red Patent Tooled S-Line (sorry Koda, looks pretty close)
e2386016-d63c-4f14-b0b6-ae22cabd68d9_zps8faa776c.jpg

dayummmm....those patent # reds were my jam....not beefy like the other patent # i'd find...the yellows and whites i found were like a longer champ TB, definitely OS...now that looks just straaaaaaaaaaaaight like everyone was talking about they were supposed to fly.

I'm not a huge arm so really I'm using PDs and a Valk for everything. C, S, and P PD and then a gstar valk for turnovers, hyzerflips, tailwinds, etc. I was trying to beat the PPD in to that understable role and it isn't happening very quickly. Partly due to the fact that I'm playing only once a week if I'm lucky. I'm not sure if the gline will boot the s or the p yet.

I occasionally rotate in a faster driver. Was Havocs, now testing a gstar Tern. Problem is, I can only get them out about thirty feet longer, with an occasional super bomb, but I have no idea what path they'll take to get there. I can pretty reliably throw my s or p PD out to 370 and know where it's going. Same with the valk, or even a touch further.

Edit: response to elmex.

if the PD comes back into my bag i'mma have to bounce the champ teebird and just keep my gstar/dx teebird, then pick up another XXX for rollers/OS duty, snag a CPD and a GPD and i'll be set.

if the PD comes back into my bag i'mma have to bounce the champ teebird and just keep my gstar/dx teebird, then pick up another XXX for rollers/OS duty, snag a CPD and a GPD and i'll be set.

I didn't think I would, but I pulled my champ and star teebird out a little while ago. Only gstar now. I would go round after round not throwing them and just throwing the PDs. Hurt me a little, bit I did it and haven't missed them.

I didn't think I would, but I pulled my champ and star teebird out a little while ago. Only gstar now. I would go round after round not throwing them and just throwing the PDs. Hurt me a little, bit I did it and haven't missed them.

meh. my bag operates off of having a long, straight fairway and a long turnover fairway. i don't need the champ bird though there are some times where i just reach for it because i know it.

i'd basically just go gstar tb, dx tb, cpd, gpd, XXX and i'd be good. the CPD would break into production tesla stability eventually. the GPD will probably throw pretty far which will be great. then again i've been trying to avoid gstar a little because of its grip in the rain. what really worries me is that the tesla has that great little turn and good fade. GPD may not be what i'm looking for on those long, wooded holes. say hole 14 at the valley, that's a tesla hole. or 8 at oakwood, 10 at lakewood. stuff like that is what worries me bagging the PD which doesn't quite have that lateral action. if i'm going to use my control driver on those types of holes, i need that ability to weave the fairways.

i could easily cover the champ tbird role with the mike c tesla or a good cpd. the problem is that the teslas roll *SO* much better than the TB and PD. hence bringing the XXX back. the CPD is closest to a mike c tesla though so i may just keep the motion instead of the xxx. i dunno. this is all theory anyway. why mess with what is working?

i guess i just really loved how those money PD flew.

Sounds like you'd like the OLF or Striker better than the PD. The last Striker I threw was a FR Opto, but it lost a lot more of its HSS than LSS as it seasoned. I'm more into straight flyers so I went with PDs, but I do love that old Striker I had.

yeah, i was using OLFs for a bit too.

we'll see. *shrug* i'll probably just chill with what i've got. the all-around utility of my bag is very balanced, which i love.

just pulled the trigger on a light purple gstarrr 170g

tbird if you wouldnt have posted those pics i probably would have waited