• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I'm pretty sure all the c line PDs with patent numbers are first runs. The big d stamp is for sure. The s lines I'm not sure but someone else might know.

First run s lines were all a bright mustard yellow. First run or cfr c lines had patent numbers. All early s lines had patent numbers for quite a while.

First run s lines were flatter than the s line you've got posted…those had some dome and were awesome discs…but of turn and bit of fade.

I've never thrown a PD. What does it offer above an FD3? The difference should be marginal?

Distance. PDs go far. And Less fade (depending on the run of PD) But the PDs I throw the most, have a nice subtle fade, but I do bag some that are just longer firebirds. Fairly new to the PD game, but they're quickly becoming my most thrown disc.

I've never thrown a PD. What does it offer above an FD3? The difference should be marginal?

PD depending on plastic and run could cover a ton of lines a worn in Star or PPD could cover longer lines and a have a good bit of turn, the color glow or C line ones are nearly FD3 OS but have a touch more glide.

I did a PD, but seem to think of them more as a backhand disc where the FD3 is a forehand disc. They can each do both, but grip wise that makes the most sense to me.

Lololololol so forever the holy grail was the "longer teebird", older runs are just that…

Each had its own flavor though. C lines typically are like a firebird but straighter longer with not as much of a fade. S lines could be almost c line stability to flippy, back to more recent beefy runs. Soft p lines were destroyer distance in a smaller rim and got hoarded. The firm ones got flippy quick abs were poo.

And everybody hates gstar apparently, but gstar pd's will be the last DM I sell off my stash…the rest might be blasphemy but fairly easily replaced elsewhere for a lot less money.

OG rule of thumb: if you like eagles buy the OLF, if you like teebirds buy PD's.

I know it's all searchable but I feel slightly dirty giving up the good old school insight?

Last edited:
And for anybody reading here, other OG's can chime in…PDGA forums were kinda wild wild west, DGR was more abstract nerd talk, and DGCR was more course review focused initially?

PDGA course directory was the legit source of courses back in the day…you could buy the annual book or skim online, but DGCR was better at keeping current. PDGA ask the manufacturers was good for a while with a decent marketplace, DGR had massive amounts of abstract nerd talk with a pretty solid marketplace, and Discaroo I personally loved for swapping plastic. They all had they own appeal and didn't conflict a ton…

Lol I'd love to have an updated Discaroo back in place of FB or Reddit…

Everything, covid especially, made discs super valuable for some reason lol. I saw people on Reddit talking about FR Bergs and certain Sexton Firebirds going for upwards of $1k.

Silly times.

I sold a FR Stal for 250 after one of the covid stimulus checks. Stupid times for disc prices.

What's everyone's favorite compliment to their PD?
I've been liking the PD, CD2, Felon, Crave lineup. But curious what everyone else is pairing with 'em.

What's everyone's favorite compliment to their PD?
I've been liking the PD, CD2, Felon, Crave lineup. But curious what everyone else is pairing with 'em.

3x DD3 (3 different stabilities), C-PD, CG-FD3, 4xFD (4 different stabilities)
Which ones I bag depends on the DG course I'm playing,
So DD3, PD, FD3, FD

Has anyone tried the Innova re-release that they are calling the Phantom Sword? Wondering how they compare to my current PDs that I have been using.