• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Playing Styles that You Try to Emulate

I try really hard to be like Lamar Maughan. Jk lol. :D

On a more serious note. My putting is based off a guy from my area, Clayton Nash. He is by far the most consistent putter in my area and one of the best in the surrounding states. I try to putt like he does, which is a pure push putt with a lot of body put into it.

Other than my putting, my game is just a mixture of what I have watched and taught myself. I learn things from the tops pros, but I wouldn't say I try to emulate their game except in putting.

I try to drive 450, part my ups (if needed), and sink my putts - that's how the pros do it, right?

Either that or ace everything, like Chuck Norris does ...

:D

Ive emulated so many different styles so far.

As a kid I used to emulate different baseball players, from Fred McGriff, Barry Bonds, Ricky Henderson, and so on.

I have putted like Barry, Climo, Nikko, Crabtree, Marcus K., Feldberg, and Jenkins

My driving I kinda use my own style but it is based around Nikko.

I would say I always tried to throw like Climo for drives and upshots. For putts Idk who I throw like. Its more of what feels good to me and goes in.

No way. His front foot always touches before the release.

A lot of the time, step-putters look as if their foot hits the ground before they release. Ulibarri does the same thing.
Every time I have seen it and played it slo-mo, I could see that they released first. Most of the confusion is because of the shadow makes it look as if the foot is already on the ground. Trust me, these guys are VERRRRY careful of this stuff. Dave calls foot faults on others, so he is careful not to foot-fault when he putts.
Last point, Have you ever tried it? When you step-putt, it is very easy to tell when your foot is about to hit ground, so you can always release on time.

I like to watch Pros play. Most of the really good pros have very good form and make very few mistakes and few bad decisions.
Someone has said that while Pros throw in very individual ways, the "hit" is always the same. I think there's some truth to that.
Having said that, Barry Schultz is probably the one I admire the most. Great putting, great driving, great mid-range game, great get-out-of-trouble repertoire.

No way. His front foot always touches before the release.

This has been debated before. The consensus, based on slo-mo video, was that he releases before the foot comes down. He devoloped this style in order to eliminate foot faults.

On my drives: Josh Anthon (not that I try to emulate him, it's just what my driving style looks like)

Putting: Nikko

Meltdowns: Nikko

Whining: Dave-Berg

Crying because I missed the putt or hit a tree: Nikko

On my drives: Josh Anthon (not that I try to emulate him, it's just what my driving style looks like)

Putting: Nikko

Meltdowns: Nikko

Whining: Dave-Berg

Crying because I missed the putt or hit a tree: Nikko

Your driving has a style all on its own, no comparisons:clap:

I don't think Doss throws a Buzzz

I think he throws a ProD Hawk or a ProD Drone for a lot of the mid-range throws.
He also uses the Buzzz and Challenger, I'm sure.

Feldberg

Im a shorter player so i like feldbergs way of explaing hand speed. Climo is a slingshot, same as Lacastro id like to emulate length but unfortunantly i come up short :/ lol

Latest posts