• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^The first runs may be priced higher, but they can't stay over 20 bucks. No way they'll survive.

But it has Easy Release Technology!

(Which sounds like it belongs in a laxative, but I digress...)

Totally agree. Disc golfers like their plastic, but by and large they don't like it that much.

Vibram is passionate about the sport. I don't think they are overly concerned with profits as far as the business as a whole is concerned.

Prodigy is going to have a very limited initial release...they will be $20+....the seemingly going rate for First Runs. I would imagine they would want to be more competitive than Lat64 has been and try to match Innova/Discraft pricing from the get go. Its about getting your discs in those gas stations....cool name + sweet looking plastic = chucker buying disc. just got to fix the name and they will be all set.

yes but vibram isnt a disc golf company..they are a shoe sole company that makes discs..they dont have special machines to make the disc..so it cost nothing extra..vibram has nothing to lose from disc golf really.

I picked up what you threw down, I just clarified for others that might have tranlated it wrong. that tge glide isnt a commonly bought disc so they couldnt have made any money putting it in ti plastic. which is the same concept as prodigy only making hsdrivers so they will sell like hotcakes. the farthest flying disc is always going to get bought.

But it has Easy Release Technology!

Which means (assuming RHBH), you'll miss to the left of the fairway, instead of the right? I still don't see this improving my game much. :\

yes but vibram isnt a disc golf company..they are a shoe sole company that makes discs..they dont have special machines to make the disc..so it cost nothing extra..vibram has nothing to lose from disc golf really.

thats what i was getting at....guess i didnt explain myself fully.

Uli shared a facebook status from someone who had thrown at least the D3 and D4. The "tester" mentioned "the plastic is amazing and they come off the fingertips so smooth due to the rounded edge underneath".

Haha oh man I nearly lost it at that...

Okay, that was bad. But on topic, I'm quite excited to feel the plastic more than I am about the first set of releases. If the local shop gets some, then I'd probably stop by a bit to feel it then mumble some excuse and leave. A couple times a week. Unless it gets bought.

Uli shared a facebook status from someone who had thrown at least the D3 and D4. The "tester" mentioned "the plastic is amazing and they come off the fingertips so smooth due to the rounded edge underneath".

"bullet" type rims like on the Discwings?! The original Quarter K was an awesome bomber disc....that is until you hit something with it. The disc came out so smooth. But when they finally came out with a better plastic they altered the disc into a turd. if Prodigy has gone this way I am excited.

Interesting. I used a DKG disc once - the Protege, if I recall correctly (name seems kind of ironic, now) - and it had a rounded lower edge. I found it to be a little funky to get snap on, because your hand truly did release from it more easily.

I'll say this - if Prodigy plastic is anything like DKG's, this new upstart is in trouble.

It has been stated multiple times, including by myself, that the plastic is top of the line. No worries.

"bullet" type rims like on the Discwings?! The original Quarter K was an awesome bomber disc....that is until you hit something with it. The disc came out so smooth. But when they finally came out with a better plastic they altered the disc into a turd. if Prodigy has gone this way I am excited.

Just Googled some pics of the Quarter K...much less drastic of a rounded edge than the DKG disc I referred to earlier. If Prodigy does go that route, it might be interesting to try (when they come out with something in my speed range).

What I am interested in is, what is the relationship between Prodigy and Flyboy Aviation Disc Golf Course? I saw on facebook that my favorite course posted something concerning the new company. Living fifteen minutes away has me all excited if they host some sort of event.

Wait a minute. Connor Jones, DGCR Vendor?

Connor, you wanna hook me up with some sweet Prodigy plastic?

;)

Haha oh man I nearly lost it at that...

Okay, that was bad. But on topic, I'm quite excited to feel the plastic more than I am about the first set of releases. If the local shop gets some, then I'd probably stop by a bit to feel it then mumble some excuse and leave. A couple times a week. Unless it gets bought.
What does your therapist say about your need to fondle plastic?

The undertow has a rounded edge as well. So it is definitely not anything new. The rounded edge does the disc to slip out early evrry now and then

Last edited:
Phil Arthur is skirting around some questions real hard right now.

But he's said, 3 (or 4 putters), 4 mids, and some fairways by April (if everything goes as planned)

You got that too. I was a bit let down with the whole interview really and heard nothing new really. Oh well I guess time will tell if this truly is going to change the face of disc golf or go by the way side as so many things have before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts