• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Sales?

On a side note about a week ago Prodigy Released an email to all the vendors that gave us a free coupon for sales but more importantly said that Prodigy Currently has 15 Approved Discs. So they only have 13 out now. 1 is obviously the PA3 but I have no clue what the other one is.

On a side note about a week ago Prodigy Released an email to all the vendors that gave us a free coupon for sales but more importantly said that Prodigy Currently has 15 Approved Discs. So they only have 13 out now. 1 is obviously the PA3 but I have no clue what the other one is.

I didn't even read that email. Just smiled...haha. Good sleuthing

Prodigy said:
To date, 15 Prodigy disc models are PDGA approved and more are on the way. With our upcoming new releases, we are shifting our focus from the advanced/pro players and taking aim at the recreational players who form the bulk of the disc market.

I wonder where they plan to go with this?

People think Prodigy's naming convention is too complicated!?!? Ha! I'm curious who they think has an easier system.

Originally Posted by Prodigy
To date, 15 Prodigy disc models are PDGA approved and more are on the way. With our upcoming new releases, we are shifting our focus from the advanced/pro players and taking aim at the recreational players who form the bulk of the disc market.

Shoot, now what are we going to have to argue about?

pretty pictures of robots and winged creatures are clearly more intuitive to the average noobie. duh! how in the world could anybody outside of the "fan bois" be expected to understand those pesky letter/number combos?

Shoot, now what are we going to have to argue about?

please learn how to use the quote feature for clarity sake.

Look Right Here------------------------------------------------------------------------VVVVVVVV

Prodigy is def selling in my area, I live in NorCal.

What will really determine their success is if it is sustainable sales. How long until the "new factor" wears off, then where will the buyers gravitate to? The new Atlas? the Nova? New MVP?

For the 5% of consumers that are actual pDGA/DGCR/DGR following players Prodigy may keep their business, however noob sales will ultimately be the determining factor.

Innova releases a 100 discs a year, their name has decades of product recognition, stores are FULL of their discs, and people are comfortable buying their product. This is NOT the case for Prodigy, something as simple as 6 months of production delays could ruin them, therefore only time will tell.

Lol.

Yeah because prodigy is using random numbers and letters...

ALT F4

It looks pretty damn random to people that buy Grooves and Bosses to OAT around the course during the summer while they get drunk, aka the vast majority of disc sales.

347 4 d1(|<

how can they possibly expect to cater to the rec players like BroD if they don't change that complex naming system that they have?
Ooh, sick burn. Well, like your mom and stuff.

Last edited:
I dont think Prodigy is going to fail. I mean, companies like RIP and Quest are still hanging in there. Even junk like Skyquest. And they really dont have a strong product. I think Prodigy does. Prodigy mid-ranges are all very good and their putters, while nothing terrible original, are good flyers as well. Im also digging the F3 and I hear nothing but good things about the F7.

The distance drivers are too wide-rimmed for me, but I do think they are a fairly qualitt product as well. Its not like they are pumping out crap discs. Good product will always stand the test of time.

Prodigy sells very well around here. In the state championships last weekend I saw dozens of prodigy drivers being thrown, and I only saw one pool of players.
On the flip side, here on MVP's home turf I saw one ion and one vector.
The local prodigy dealer is always selling out.

I thought the logical next step would be to put out a lineup of speed 9-10 control/ hybrid drivers to compete with the PD's, Volt/Amp/Shock, Saint/Fury and whatever other newfangled driver in that speed is. With only one more mold on top of the PA3, I don't see them introducing a control driver. Maybe another Fairway, a truly understable F7 perhaps?

I spent Thursday and Sunday at the Vibram. As Brad mentioned, Nikko and Ricky were throwing very mixed bags. On Sunday Cale, Will, and Cam, were on the lead card. Will was true to his word and throwing a full Prodigy bag. For those who know Maple Hill, he threw a Pa2 both days on 13. Kids got an arm. Cam seemed to throw mostly Prodigy and the D3 was his main driver. Cale was relying heavily on a non prodigy driver that looked like Z or Champ plastic. The only Prodigy I can confirm Cale was throwing were mids.

Illogical rant.

See teebird, you asked what the most dumb thing I read on here all week... well that was it. I was leaving room for drivel like this. Dammit... I hate being so smart.

Me: "Hey noob, check out these discs from Innova... I've got a Firebird, a Viking, a Mamba, and a Boss."

Noob: "Sweet! Which one goes to the right when I throw it?"

Me: "The Mamba for sure."

One month later...

Noob: "Which one goes right again?:

Me: :wall::doh:

At least with the D1-D4, they only have to master a numbering system... which is child's play vs. some random cool name system.

Dont' get me wrong... I love a cool name. It just does NOTHING to describe the flight characteristic of the disc... nothing... nada.

It looks pretty damn random to people that buy Grooves and Bosses to OAT around the course during the summer while they get drunk, aka the vast majority of disc sales.

347 4 d1(|<

Ooh, sick burn. Well, like your mom and stuff.

Speed 13 brah.

The only Prodigy I can confirm Cale was throwing were mids.
crazy. i figured cale's buzzz was going to be the last non-prodigy disc that left his bag.

good to see he's confident enough in the mids to leave such a trusted disc... even if he's not quite required to yet.

Dont' get me wrong... I love a cool name. It just does NOTHING to describe the flight characteristic of the disc... nothing... nada.

A cool name is not intended to describe the flight. It's meant to be catchy and encourage you to buy the disc. That's why Innova now puts the flight numbers on the stamp, so that you can still use a catchy name, but the disc tells you exactly how it's going to fly.

At least with the D1-D4, they only have to master a numbering system... which is child's play vs. some random cool name system.

Though it goes the opposite way of the more accepted stability indicators. :)

What if they go even more overstable? D0, D-1? :)

i just spent 3 days at blockhouse and i didn't see a single prodigy disc down there.

Latest posts