• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter of choice for push putts

steadyhebby

Bogey Member
I know there are millions of putter threads out there, but I'm having trouble deciding on which putter to buy if I am going to be push putting, especially within the circle.

I've been using a Pro Rhyno, which I also use on drives up to 225', and am thinking that a change for putts might be beneficial to my game and perhaps the life of my disc.

I've thought about trying an overstable putter like a challenger, but am not sure of what plastic to purchase, and am not sure how much stability really affects putting from <30'.

Any insight or links to other threads would be great.

I like the wizard. MVP putters need too much spin and not great for push putters, IMO.

Last edited:
Yeti pro Aviar. It has a nice concave top which gives it a low profile feel. Very nice plastic for the 3x ones. Big bead aviar mold. I push putt and find it to be my favorite now.

In my experience anyways, push putting in the circle benefits from an understable putter. Spin and snap is better for the Wizards and Challengers of the putting world. I'd personally suggest a Pro Dart, Warlock, or an Anode. Those seem to work better for me when push putting or straddle putting.

i like ions, they are great for push-putters. they don't need any more spin than any other putter, that's ridiculous.

that said, wizards/big bead aviars/challengers will work just as well. it's more about what's comfy in your hand than anything else. there is no magic putter.

except for the magic putter...

Whatever mold you go with, stick with a firm putter. I hate floppy putters for push putting.

I like the wizard. MVP putters need too much spin and not great for push putters, IMO.
This.^^^ I personally use the wizard because it gets up and down very fast, and I rely on that for a push putt. Organic or medium is what I prefer, but lots of folks dig the S or SS too.

Inside the circle, the stability of the disc is going to have little effect on its flight unless you're throwing into a wind. My personal experience is that somewhere between 25-30 feet I'll start having to adjust a little for a putter's fade if I'm using an OS putter. Beyond 30 it becomes significantly more noticeable.

Frankly, use whatever feels best in your hand. Generally, floppy putters will be less consistent so people prefer stiffer putters. With that said, I can push put with a Yeti just fine and its on the edge of being a floppy putter. Much more flexibility than that and the disc warps too much on the upswing and throws off my trajectory.

Magnet. It is truly whatever you like though, whatever feels the best coming out of your hand.

In my experience anyways, push putting in the circle benefits from an understable putter. Spin and snap is better for the Wizards and Challengers of the putting world. I'd personally suggest a Pro Dart, Warlock, or an Anode. Those seem to work better for me when push putting or straddle putting.

i was having this thought. less spin on the disc from a push put and i want it to be straight...

Inside of the circle, any putter will work just fine. What you should really do is go and fondle several different putters and find what feels the best for your grip. Once you've found something that you like, go ahead and practice with it until putting becomes natural for you. But like some other people said, a firm putter will probably be better for pushing.

Just picked up a Latitude 64 Pure Grip Line putter at the store yesterday. And all ready Im obsessed! I push put as well. The disc feels grate on the hands and holds its line well even with touch shots. Also, I have herd grate things about the opto plastic as well. However, As some have all ready posted. What feels good in yore hand's is really what you should use. But I will put in a good word fore the Pure :)

Speaking of the Wizard "getting up and down fast", I think it drops like a rock on long putts. Would it be wise to throw in a Magic, or something more floaty on long putts? I'm talking in the 50ft. + range.

Speaking of the Wizard "getting up and down fast", I think it drops like a rock on long putts. Would it be wise to throw in a Magic, or something more floaty on long putts? I'm talking in the 50ft. + range.
I do exactly this with a vibram summit. Or if there is head wind i'll spin putt the wizard.

medium and hard putters are best...use what you throw for approach shots. that is what i would do.

wizards for me but regular challengers are really nice too.

Latest posts