• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro Boss

I got a 153g and 163g R-pro Boss the other day and are still more stable than I thought but do really like the grip on them. I do like the 163g for forehand though compared to my 175g Champ. I don't think I can flip the 153g backhand unless theres a big headwind. I think I still like my Star Boss 175g the most because I can forehand and backhand it consistently.

How far can you throw? How much power are you putting on the 153g? I'm considering getting a few really light ones, but am curious about their stability at those lighter weights.

i know it talks about wiggins throwing that on page 2, but i was wondering if someone had a link to the exact page and everything. I'm not too familiar with the PDGA discussion board, and i'm a little bit lazy right now too, so i was hoping someone would have a direct link.

Got my 161 R-Pro Boss in today, which is a little heavier than I was expecting, but still lighter than Champ or Star. Of course I couldn't just order 1 thing from a disc golf site so I got a 171 DX Aviar because my old putter got warped and a 171 I-Dye Champ Teebird. Also got my first dg bag with Innova's Starter Bag, although I can't figure out what this velcro on the back is supposed to be for. Gonna be testing it all out this evening after work.

Man that kid can throw. i played a course last weekend and it had a 720' downhill hole that i parked 35' from with a 175 boss but there is no way that i can throw that on the flat ground.
The kid is for real! He was bustin some of the longest drives at a pro event event I went to last year:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I92f3xauZ5Q

Did anyone experience the R-pro US Champion Boss arriving scuffed and rough around the edge?

How far can you throw? How much power are you putting on the 153g? I'm considering getting a few really light ones, but am curious about their stability at those lighter weights.

I threw the 153g just over 300' maybe 320'. That was full power, but I get my T-bird the same distance easier. My 175g Star boss and FLX Surge I've BH to 350' though.

I have the 164 weight US Masters run and..oh, do I hope they put it into full production...it would be stupid not to! What an amazing disc, one of my favs by far! Great plastic, HUGE long drives and very easy to control. GET ONE IF YOU CAN!!!!!

Last edited:
My 150 class is on it's way will let you know how it performs. I love the 164 US Masters run!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I got a 151 and 164, I like heavier discs but that guy goes further than any other disc I have!!!! I don't even put anything into it just one step and BAMM! Wow, I was told and have thrown a couple of the star bosses and when this guy gets beat in I think I might get a lighter star boss...

I can't imagine it getting beat in, it's going to turn over and go an extra mile. woot woot!

Btw I looked up the r-pro boss and they are making more of them for the Japan Open, they are all just a lot lighter.

I've thrown my 161 R-Pro Boss a few times now, but it doesn't beat out my 171 Star Wraith. Need a little more speed in order for it not to fade as soon. I'll be keeping this one on my shelf until I can get it out further. Or maybe I just need to beat it in a bit...hmm....

Got a 152 and a 154 in today. Threw a consistant 270 with both. Almost got 300 into a headwind.
My valkerie and destroyer were only making it to 250 to 270 so these are just a tad better for me anyway. I like the feel and the flight of these discs. smooooothe.

Latest posts