• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Fossil Lizards

I'm gonna retract my former statement about the fossil flexes being too soft for putting(for me)- played 2 rounds at the scrapyard in Charlotte with it and sank some pretty crazy putts. 45-50 feet several times. I usually like firmer putters, but they did the job, and never had a spit out. I would still like the fossil fuels in between the fossils and this run of flexes though :)

So at my home course you can throw a 300' shot at the practice basket from the 10th long tee. After playing the front I will quite often throw from this tee or the road close to 375', before walking back to my Jeep.

I usually throw a mid but had been playing a putter only round and decided to give my 171g fossil wiz a go. Dropped it within 5 feet. Easily my longest putter drive.

I have loved my first run Fossils for putting, but the Fossils have proven amazing for drives too. Love these things. Like the Comet and PD they just make me look like I know what I'm doing, even when I don't.

Oh and I think the Flexs will be my go to during the winter when plastics firm up. Should grab the chains like crazy. For not they are in the practice rotation to get seasoned a little.

I'm going to go on record and say that these Fossil Fuels are the best driving Wizards I've ever used.

They are so LONG. UNREAL distance right off the shelf.

I feel like the tight shape & dense nose just makes for the perfect driving putter. I would recommend these to ANYONE that wants a beaded driving putter as they are just so perfect. RDG has ways strove to be the "craft" disc golf company and these exlsuive Wizards are something that I am so proud of.

I'm going to go on record and say that these Fossil Fuels are the best driving Wizards I've ever used.

They are so LONG. UNREAL distance right off the shelf.

I feel like the tight shape & dense nose just makes for the perfect driving putter. I would recommend these to ANYONE that wants a beaded driving putter as they are just so perfect. RDG has ways strove to be the "craft" disc golf company and these exlsuive Wizards are something that I am so proud of.

I agree that they are pretty amazing. Threw mine off the tee a ton over the holiday weekend, and I am thoroughly impressed. Definitely loving this most recent FF run, and I hope you continue to run them like this in the future (stiff and tight).

Ya I'm digging the fossil fuels. It's a nice blend. I still wish it would have come out more like the grey fuel scales, but that's ok. Also these have that textured feeling in the nose that is awesome. The small test batch of fossils did not, I'm glad that feature is back

Should be getting my Fossil Wizard today. Ive never been one to use Wizards to drive with, so that doesn't concern me as much as how well they putt. I'm in a love/hate relationship with my Touches right now (they are awesome until they get wet) but I always know putting with Wizards works for me. Might switch back...

Should be getting my Fossil Wizard today. Ive never been one to use Wizards to drive with, so that doesn't concern me as much as how well they putt. I'm in a love/hate relationship with my Touches right now (they are awesome until they get wet) but I always know putting with Wizards works for me. Might switch back...

I think you will like them a lot. Of all the plastics I have felt when wet these are certainly the grippiest when wet.

Ya I'm digging the fossil fuels. It's a nice blend. I still wish it would have come out more like the grey fuel scales, but that's ok. Also these have that textured feeling in the nose that is awesome. The small test batch of fossils did not, I'm glad that feature is back

The gritty rim is definitely a key aspect for the Fossil plastic that I urged Dave to bring back.

I love how these grab chains right out of the box. Straight money off the tee and in the circle. FOSSIL Wizards are going to be a mainstay in my bag for those putter BOMBS

I think you will like them a lot. Of all the plastics I have felt when wet these are certainly the grippiest when wet.

Yup, fossil has some crazy-good grip when wet. Haven't tried my FF in the rain yet, but I hope they have similar performance.

These Fossil Lizards are exactly what Ive always wanted in a Wizard. Also for those of you that prefer the feel of the Judge but the flight of a Wiz these are exactly what you want

Got my Fossil Wizard (stampless) today and this baby is firm. Super firm. Can't wait to see how it putts but I'm sure I'll like it (very stormy out today..will do some putting tomorrow)

I got mine (also unstamped) yesterday, and they are softer than the dehaas Fossils I grabbed a couple weeks ago. I'll be interested to give them a toss.

I got mine (also unstamped) yesterday, and they are softer than the dehaas Fossils I grabbed a couple weeks ago. I'll be interested to give them a toss.

Yeah they are definitely softer than the previous batch.
I like them a lot more though. The last batch was too close to G9i for me. Kinda slick and I found they were prone to chipping.

These new Fossil Wizards are a great combo of rigidity and complexion IMO. These are the best Wizards I've felt in a good long while.

If you prefer a little give in the plate: Fossil
If you prefer a rigid flightplate: Fossil Fuel

Both options provide the Wiz thrower with the best $ can buy IMO :hfive:

So the Fossil Fuels are the same thing as the batch of TF Wizards dehaas was selling?

Not quite.

As typical for Dave, he can't replicate things very well.
Fossil Fuels are firmer than the Fossil but they are still more grippy/gritty than the Dehaas Fossil proto batch.

That's grippy then because the dehaas' are super firm with a grip level around a good chalky SSS.

Just loaded up some translucent "Champion" like Evo Wizards to our site.

These actually molded up like Wizards which is rare in the premium Wiz world.
All of them has a bubble like texture somewhat but they feel, fly and look awesome.

check them out if you like premi Wizards.

Attachments

• 11666249_902185429855845_4629647722957515154_n.jpg
    11666249_902185429855845_4629647722957515154_n.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the heads up - grabbed one of the "clear" white evo wizards out of curiosity. I have never like the feel of evos that I handled in stores, specifically because they never quite feel like wizards in the hand. RDG hasn't let me down yet, so I believe you when you say these actually molded up to the normal wizard specs.