• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Recomendation for different fairway driver.

I would add the Mantis and Heat to your list if you haven't tried them. Heat can be punched dead straight on low lines and Mantis is very workable in many lines. Also Undertaker for more stability.

Saint/Sidewinder I find great, also in the forest since they're US enough to fly straight to fade also when powered down on. If you want distance add speed and hyzer.
I myself spent time on beating in an Saint Pro to fill that US slot and managed to buy a couple of first gen (OS) Saint Pros so my core is 3 Saint Pro...

the mint discs - alpha . i highly recommend it and the various weights should accomplish exactly what you want. i went from pds and some fds to throwing multiple alphas and the experience has been impressive ever since. such a great fairway with forward penetrating glide like pds but not as stable and able to lock on into straight shots. it is a very versatile disc and pairs well with heavier or different plastic alphas. the distance with these is almost cheating at times and the confidence of throwing a slower controlled driver over a distance driver on some holes, has increased as well. it is considered a power fairway because it is easy to use as a fairway driver as well as controlled distance. check them out and check the threads out for more info on the alpha. i guarantee you wont be disappointed in the mold. very comfortable mold and a legit runner for disc of the year.

I'm a big proponent of the Eagle L. They flip up a little, but after that they will hold a line for at least 300'.
However, they are OOP and getting harder to find.

So, I'm going to go with the FD. It flies like a slightly longer Eagle L. When you look at the wing shapes you can see why.

A good pair would be something more OS, think Thunderbird or PD.

I'll say Neutron Volt or C-Line FD or Mint Alpha - but ive never thrown it, I really like the Volt tho, its easy to grip yet goes REALLY far if you want it to. Shapeable - not too flippy not to OS, Volt is solid, or of course, a TL

the mint discs - alpha . i highly recommend it and the various weights should accomplish exactly what you want. i went from pds and some fds to throwing multiple alphas and the experience has been impressive ever since. such a great fairway with forward penetrating glide like pds but not as stable and able to lock on into straight shots. it is a very versatile disc and pairs well with heavier or different plastic alphas. the distance with these is almost cheating at times and the confidence of throwing a slower controlled driver over a distance driver on some holes, has increased as well. it is considered a power fairway because it is easy to use as a fairway driver as well as controlled distance. check them out and check the threads out for more info on the alpha. i guarantee you wont be disappointed in the mold. very comfortable mold and a legit runner for disc of the year.

I threw my blue Apex first run for the first time today and it has real potential. I'll give a review in the Alpha thread in a week or so.

The Alpha isn't a competitotr for disc of the year it is a competitor for disc of the decade. It is like a PD/FD combo with even more distance potential. I have three Eternal First Runs: Orange which is the OS workhorse very similar to a PD with more glide, Yellow/Chartreuse which is how I think the mold was designed to fly basically straight with some fade much like a longer TeeBird but with better HSS than TeeBird3 or ThunderBird, and Pink which is like an even glidier and longer FD with turn but a fade that always brings the disc back to center or slightly left of center.

JLS is awesome. I like the narrower rim, and it seems to go as far as others that are mentioned. I've also thrown Patriots and FDs, liked the Patriots more, especially in Icon plastic.

I am basically between choosing the OLF or Alpha. The OLF has a little narrower rim and is a longer EX which is what I kind of want, while the Alpha seems to be a good disc that is gaining support. Having Booter support this disc says a lot. .

Honestly, I kind of what to support a company who is smaller and has a knowledgeable guy (ZJ) that is from the DGR glory days.

Been chewing on it a bit more with the knowledge of what is in the rest of my bag, and it is between these setups:

Fireball
Orion lf
Phenom

or

Fireball
Rival
Sail

If I chose the second set, I have a Surge that will take some shots from the OLF.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Champion Roc3

I know this is crazy. But I've been playing Catawba Meadows everyday for about a week. Visiting my dad in Morganton, NC. I have a very strong forearm. And I throw a Destroyer and a Boss/Blizzard just "to test". Never straight...never...always.-2 or -3 on X.axis...hard turn left. And I throw my Aviar putter off the drive...hard +2 and +3 at time almost 200 feet!
About 169...I like the fade right. Wierd. But the Champion Roc3 gives me a warm fuzzy.
I throw that Roc3 hard! And it stays so straight! If you can keep your line down the middle on the <0>...practice the Roc3 off the Tee! Makes the fairway longer...and I keep it straight to the basket alot. The best mid...I would invest in Champion Roc3...I want them all! You know bro? All of them. My investment....later😎

Picture- Champion Roc3

I attached a picture of my Champion Roc3. I love this disc most! Turns me on!

Attachments

• 20171016_182802.jpg
    20171016_182802.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 31
I know this is crazy. But I've been playing Catawba Meadows everyday for about a week. Visiting my dad in Morganton, NC. I have a very strong forearm. And I throw a Destroyer and a Boss/Blizzard just "to test". Never straight...never...always.-2 or -3 on X.axis...hard turn left. And I throw my Aviar putter off the drive...hard +2 and +3 at time almost 200 feet!
About 169...I like the fade right. Wierd. But the Champion Roc3 gives me a warm fuzzy.
I throw that Roc3 hard! And it stays so straight! If you can keep your line down the middle on the <0>...practice the Roc3 off the Tee! Makes the fairway longer...and I keep it straight to the basket alot. The best mid...I would invest in Champion Roc3...I want them all! You know bro? All of them. My investment....later😎

And? What does this have to do with a fairway driver?

^^^I'll have what he's having.

I would recommend either the Phenom or Patriot depending on exactly what you want them to do. They ate both sneaky long due to the mellow late fade and will end up in similar spots. My experience is that the Patriot is a hyzer-flip to laser straight flyer while the Phenom will tend to fly with more turn and fade. I actually carry both because I use them for different things, but take your pick.

Also, I am pretty sure that the Phenom is the EL mold so you can still find Eagle-Ls even though they are OOP. The Pinnacles in particular feel and fly almost exactly like the 11x KC ELs that I have.

Latest posts