• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Not easy to find RDG in Europe :( Not even easy in the stores i have used in the US, not that many that ship to Euro anymore. . . Would really like to try a Serpent. . .might try one if OTB gets any ( OTB has ok shipping cost)

Not easy to find RDG in Europe :( Not even easy in the stores i have used in the US, not that many that ship to Euro anymore. . . Would really like to try a Serpent. . .might try one if OTB gets any ( OTB has ok shipping cost)

How much do you think it would cost me to send a couple from California to you? I have a ton of extras

The Scale & Serpent are getting loaded back up tomorrow for a fresh run of Tar Pit. I asked the boys to make these extremely tacky with a ton of flexibility.

Sounds like my good friend Paul at GDS has an amazing plastic recipe dialed up us...

I really like soft putters for approaches and I just spent $$$ on a new soft Pondie.

Are they RFF kind of soft?

Should be! Paul said the initial test shots were hitting about 3.5 lbs of flex. 4S is 4-8 lb apparently so that's where we want to be for sure.

I think they are going to run some black rubber ones too which I think may snag my putting putter slot. I love black rubber Gateway putters.

These new Armor Scales look and feel amazing. Didn't get a chance to throw one today but hopefully sometime this weekend. I had an older Armor one that I didn't really like due to it being a little more domey than I would prefer. These ones though are pretty close to flat with just a tiny bit of rise in the middle of the flight plate. Think I'm going to love them.

These new Armor Scales look and feel amazing. Didn't get a chance to throw one today but hopefully sometime this weekend. I had an older Armor one that I didn't really like due to it being a little more domey than I would prefer. These ones though are pretty close to flat with just a tiny bit of rise in the middle of the flight plate. Think I'm going to love them.

Yeah this run is phenomenal. They're absolute hogs in the air too. Very little glide and a really solid fade. I'm loving mine for hyzer chip shots that slam down.

In other Scale news...

I went to the shop today to check out the new Tar Pit run and they're killer. Not nearly as flexy as we requested but they're stupid tacky. And the colors/swirls are beautiful. These will be great chain smashers.

I also discovered a box of X outs of a blend they were testing that is SOFT. These things are like silly putty in your hand. They stopped running them due to a whole list of issues but I think they are worth selling bc the plastic is unreal. These are roll up and put in your back pocket soft...

In other Scale news...

I went to the shop today to check out the new Tar Pit run and they're killer. Not nearly as flexy as we requested but they're stupid tacky. And the colors/swirls are beautiful. These will be great chain smashers.

I also discovered a box of X outs of a blend they were testing that is SOFT. These things are like silly putty in your hand. They stopped running them due to a whole list of issues but I think they are worth selling bc the plastic is unreal. These are roll up and put in your back pocket soft...

So they'll probably kick my Divergent Golem out of my bag then? Why do you have to keep making me want to spend $$$?

So they'll probably kick my Divergent Golem out of my bag then? Why do you have to keep making me want to spend $$$?

You aren't the only one. I will definitely pick up a pocket taco Scale. Jamie let us know when they hit the shop, I will be putting a decent sized order in when it comes.

Silly Putty Scale came in!

WOW! To me it sits in-between Vibram Medium and Soft. Maybe a little closer to soft.

It will be a little while before I get out to use it, but great hand feel!

Looking for an overstable approach in the Rhyno/Berg/Pig category of OS and glideless. I threw Scales a while back and liked them, but my bad form led me to throw other discs. I finally got my act together and figured out how to throw Aviar P&As well, so I'm back looking for an approach disc.

I really like gateway plastic so I'm back looking at either the Devil Hawk or Scale. Any opinions on one or the other? Obviously the DH is shallower, but are they comparable?

Looking for an overstable approach in the Rhyno/Berg/Pig category of OS and glideless. I threw Scales a while back and liked them, but my bad form led me to throw other discs. I finally got my act together and figured out how to throw Aviar P&As well, so I'm back looking for an approach disc.

I really like gateway plastic so I'm back looking at either the Devil Hawk or Scale. Any opinions on one or the other? Obviously the DH is shallower, but are they comparable?

The Scale is to Rhyno
Devilhawk is to Pig

Scale is much more PnA speed. It putts well and approaches nice and slow. The Devilhawk is faster, easier to forehand but more prone to skipping or fading too hard.

The Scale is to Rhyno
Devilhawk is to Pig

Scale is much more PnA speed. It putts well and approaches nice and slow. The Devilhawk is faster, easier to forehand but more prone to skipping or fading too hard.

jcassidy coming in again with the consistent great knowledge :thmbup: Might have to try a Scale then, I have other discs I can get a little farther with. I think having the putter speed will be better for me right now.