• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ript Revenge.....?

richardmmill

Birdie Member
Anyone ever play with that card game thing. I have seen it a couple places, but have never heard anyone talk about it or hear anyone who plays with some buddies for a round...... Let me know.

It's pretty fun to play with a group of homies when your bored with just playing.

Basically you get "x" number of cards that have "pranks" you can pull on people during the round at any time. So someone could shoot a great shot and you could nulify it and make them rethrow. Or... you could be made to drive with your mini, off handed, on one knee, tomahawk (as a group did to me one day cuz I was in the lead). There are more "pranks" you can pull...

And each time you get a birdie, you get an extra card.

It's really fun... lots of laughs... don't take it too serious.
What did I miss?
DSCJNKY

My buddy has it, we haven't tried it out yet.

Sounds like something best used on a non-busy course...

ript is really good for leveling the playing field because the loser of each hole gets a card to play on the winner. So if you have some noobs you're initiating into the game, some Ript can help lighten the mood.

This is a REALLY fun game...played it quite a few times with my friends. A group of 4 is almost ideal.

Good stuff but like said before you need 4 or more, and 6er or more of beer

What is different about the "revenge" game?

I have played the original ript with some newbs and it was pretty fun.

I believe in the Ript game, the winner of each hole gets a new card, but in Ript Revenge, the losers get the new card.
I'm not sure, though.

I have owned both and the main difference is in the variety of the cards. The first one is really just the same 10-15 cards used over and over again, the second one (Ript Revenge) has 30ish different types of cards.

This RIPT sounds like it would be a blast, a group of friends and I have been getting together for rounds over the past several weeks, so most of the time we have groups ranging from 6 to 14 players. This would surely throw a kink into the game and add lots of entertainment into it. I am going to have to find this.

This RIPT sounds like it would be a blast, a group of friends and I have been getting together for rounds over the past several weeks, so most of the time we have groups ranging from 6 to 14 players. This would surely throw a kink into the game and add lots of entertainment into it. I am going to have to find this.

Sounds like fun! Except for the people behind you. :D

I love this game but several guys I play with don't so we never play anymore.

My favorite is when you're forced to play some horrible shot and you purposely shank it and then bust out the Swap Lie card, forcing them to take your abortion of a throw.

how do you all draw your cards in ript revenge?

one person said that if you birdie you get a card. someone else said that if you loose you get a card.

we are all rec players in my group and don't birdie much. we also usually have 3-5 people in the group so if the losers get a card then 2-4 people would get a card each hole. seems like too much?

just got my deck, haven't used it yet but looking forward to it.

what are some of your 'house rules'? my house rule will be that an ace is an ace and can't be taken away by a ript card (it's like an 'indestructable' magic the gather card :) )

my friends and i modified the rules to suit us better, just do what you like. we think the carry the bags is dumb so we changed that to "blind-folded drive" and we changed a few others.

Latest posts