• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RIPT/RIPT REVENGE CARD GAME

I played with some of the guys from DGCR on a really crappy course and had a blast.

I played with some of the guys from DGCR on a really crappy course and had a blast.

Cool! Would it be worth it on a Road Trip where I am playing courses I have never played or should I stick with familiar courses that I will have a chance to play "for real" again?

Unless you knew that it was a crap course I would want to play the course the right way. That's just me, though.

Ript is cool on a course you're bored with or a really simply course that would be boring to play normally.

I use it in place of 1 disc rounds and other gimmick rounds.

\/\/

This card game is lame.

I don't want to get up on the box then get handed a card that sais I have to throw my mini with my opposite hand, but FH. I'm trying to get better at disc golf, not worse. I go out to the course in hopes of shooting the best score of my life, holding the No.1 Tag for the most defenses, throwing another ace, and only to get better and improve my skills at this oh so awsome sport.

RIPT is LAME!!!!!

The game is not fun. IMO. It drags, it's frustrating (when your trying to get better at disc golf, it's will send your skill level in the other direction), and only encourages "silly play" out on the course.

I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!

*takes breather*

Some like it though.

Of course, this is all my own opinion of the game. Played it once and gritted my teeth through the second round. No more for me.

Last edited:
Agreed, but defeats the purpose if skill developement is what you're after.

I'll agree that having to throw a mini isn't necessarily a skill developer (except for mini golf of course), but having to throw a forced overhand, fh, roller, etc. can certainly develop your skills. Being forced to swap lies can also develop your scrambling skills; who doesn't need work there? Making a new tee can dramatically change a routine shot and force you to think outside the box. Having to rethrow a great drive can also put a lot of pressure on you, which is also a solid skill developer.

I definitely wouldn't want to play or suggest Ript for every round you play, and I wouldn't play it at a course I'm playing for the first time. However, on your local course with your usual group it can most definitely spice things up and help develop some unique shots you might not otherwise think of, let alone attempt.

If this silly game (as it is now) only included that aspect of the game, I might like it.

Being forceded to use rollers and FH's or even throw ambidextriously (spell check), would most certainly help your game.

If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about....the part of the game that I find "silly". The mini tossing and such. LAME!!!...once again.

:thmbup: I do see why those who like it, like it though. Just not my cup of tea. Or cup of lame in this case....I like tea.

I like it because it reminds you to have fun. Which is the sole reason for disc golf. When I find myself getting a little too serious with my casual rounds then I know it's Ript time.

Latest posts