• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RIPT/RIPT REVENGE CARD GAME

this would be fun on like a birthday that involved drinking a lot and playing a lot.

Can't you just take out the mini cards (like everyone does with the repair/maintenance cards in Monopoly)?

This sounds like a way to let folks of wildly differing abilities play together to me...

I call BS. This game can seriously help your skills. When you're FORCED to throw a SPECIFIC shot when you normally wouldn't...you've got to learn how to make that shot work...and NOW.

Not saying it's the best way to learn anything...but sometimes it proves to you that you can do something you didn't realize you could.

\/\/

I call BS. This game can seriously help your skills. When you're FORCED to throw a SPECIFIC shot when you normally wouldn't...you've got to learn how to make that shot work...and NOW.

Not saying it's the best way to learn anything...but sometimes it proves to you that you can do something you didn't realize you could.

\/\/

Agreed. I was totally amazed one day when I was forced to drive with a putter and saw that I wasn't that far off from my drive distance and it felt a lot more accurate. I would say that helped my game.

The orignal RIPT is a little difficult to find. I don't even think KnA has it in production anymore.

I carry an innova mini driver in my bag when I play this game and just hope someone plays that card on me so that I can rip that little bugger as far as I can.

Fun game, if you don't like it you might be taking it too seriously. Good for balancing out skill levels between players and it also forces you to think about shots you normally wouldn't.

Can't you just take out the mini cards (like everyone does with the repair/maintenance cards in Monopoly)?

This sounds like a way to let folks of wildly differing abilities play together to me...

Whoa, hang on bub. I for one play Monopoly exactly as the rules state. No $ under free parking, No removing of cards. Exactly 32 houses and 12 hotels. No deviations. C'mon over and I'll show you how the game is really played(and won).

Whoa, hang on bub. I for one play Monopoly exactly as the rules state. No $ under free parking, No removing of cards. Exactly 32 houses and 12 hotels. No deviations. C'mon over and I'll show you how the game is really played(and won).

surprisingly entertaining post

Monopoly - dividing friends and families for decades. Seriously, Monopoly is one of the most cut throat, divisive games ever. My Mom actually flipped the board and stormed off once while playing. My Mom is not an angry person.

This card game is lame.

I don't want to get up on the box then get handed a card that sais I have to throw my mini with my opposite hand, but FH. I'm trying to get better at disc golf, not worse. I go out to the course in hopes of shooting the best score of my life, holding the No.1 Tag for the most defenses, throwing another ace, and only to get better and improve my skills at this oh so awsome sport.

RIPT is LAME!!!!!

The game is not fun. IMO. It drags, it's frustrating (when your trying to get better at disc golf, it's will send your skill level in the other direction), and only encourages "silly play" out on the course.

I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!

*takes breather*

Some like it though.

Of course, this is all my own opinion of the game. Played it once and gritted my teeth through the second round. No more for me.
You don't believe in Santa Claus, do you?

I as well since the 6th grade.

what? No Santa?

I have no intention of using the card game while on a DG Trip. Don't want to miss out on playing a course that I may never get to play again. I will give it a try at a few courses around my home with some buddies, just as a fun break.

I play in a local ball golf scramble every year and they also pick one hole where each member of your team has to choose a single club to play the entire hole with. Usually, we have one person hitting driver, one person hitting a mid-Iron, one person hitting a wedge, and another person tapping a putter once or twice. Most people thought it was stupid force us to do this for a scramble we paid to get into and that paid to the winners.

Does someone have like a list of the values of cards like:
Clubs
A= Throw a Marker
K= Carry a bag

etc. etc.

If you have young kids that enjoy playing DG, but get frustrated because "I'll never be as good as you, Dad!" this game is perfect. My son and I had a blast playing it last week. We both had a good laugh, too, 'cause I ended up with 2 "No O.B." cards where you don't have to take a penalty stroke after going O.B., and I was like, "I never go O.B. twice in a round at LTC!" so I discarded one when I had the max # of cards and drew a replacement. I went in the creek on #11 and #18 that day, but only had one card to get me out of trouble.

I've only got the Ript original, never played Revenge. There's no mini-tossing or any really gimmicky stuff in the original deck.

Latest posts