• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc throwers, what other mids are in your bag?

battsypants

Par Member
I know that a lot of players use only Rocs and rely on stages of wear to cover all their mid-range shots. Out of curiosity, what other mid-ranges are you using to compliment the Roc and what are their purpose?

believe it or not a flx buzzz, star cro, champ stingray and z wasp.

FLX buzzz I use for tee off shots, I cannot for the life of me tee off with my roc, I use it for "fairway" midrange shots. My Star Cro, I use for short hyzer flips around trees, only because when it stops it stops dead... my z wasp is for longer fading shots and my stingray... though its working itself out of my bag is for turnovers and it's not used very much.

I have however been told to try a heavy champ/star shark to replace the buzzz though...
so that'll be in the spring.

I carry 2 Rocs (KC and DX), plus a Star Mako, Champ Coyote, Champ Cobra, and DX Stingray. Althought it is technically a fairway driver, i also carry a KC Whippet, this disc is very overstable and for me it only flies about as far as a mid-range, so that's what i use it for.

i carry a champ panther along with my 4 rocs: mainly for utility-type shots, but also limited run-up/motion throws and 'tweener' shots that need just a tick more distance than i can get out of a roc comfortably but that i don't want to throw a TB for.

I carry 4 rocs and two stingrays. One stingray is a beat up roller and short range low power disc and the other is much newer and I use it for long hyzer flips, straighter rollers, and shots from the rough when I can't get much power. I also carry 2 whippets (not a mid) and I use them for all types of shots from tee shots that have to fade a lot to flex shots and skip shots. They are great in heavy woods for rollers and get outta trouble shots. I think of the roc as the middle of my stability range. I also carry a champ roc from time to time for more stable roc shots and windy days.

PS. The champ stingray is a slightly different mold than the dx. It is more stable and has some fade. That disc is more stable than a new dx 180 stingray.

believe it or not a flx buzzz, star cro, champ stingray and z wasp.

FLX buzzz I use for tee off shots, I cannot for the life of me tee off with my roc, I use it for "fairway" midrange shots. My Star Cro, I use for short hyzer flips around trees, only because when it stops it stops dead... my z wasp is for longer fading shots and my stingray... though its working itself out of my bag is for turnovers and it's not used very much.

I have however been told to try a heavy champ/star shark to replace the buzzz though...
so that'll be in the spring.

I carry 2 Rocs (KC and DX), plus a Star Mako, Champ Coyote, Champ Cobra, and DX Stingray. Althought it is technically a fairway driver, i also carry a KC Whippet, this disc is very overstable and for me it only flies about as far as a mid-range, so that's what i use it for.

holy crap people, trim down those mids.

Also I carry rocs and comet, that's about it.

A comet, but my most beat roc is about to replace it. I also have a Q-sentinel until my premium plastic roc arrives.

I usually carry 3 rocs... but right now I am down to 2 and a d drone as I am not happy with any of the rocs I currently have to fill the slot for my 'stable' roc

Currently: Roc + Comet
Previously: Roc + Fuse

Banshee for overstable utility stuff.

I know frank. I am considering dropping the cro and stingray...

I'm using a Z Buzz and Champ Coyote right now which have some overlap, but I can hit some lines with the buzz that I can't hit with the Coyote and vice versa.

Once you beat in a roc, I would think the beat roc + new fuse would cover most core shots but booter seems to carry something similar.

I know frank. I am considering dropping the cro and stingray...

Don't drop the Cro drop the Buzz! The Roc/Cro combo is pretty nice.

I don't throw a "roc" but I have Cro/Classic Roc/Champ Gator

Don't drop the Cro drop the Buzz! The Roc/Cro combo is pretty nice.

I don't throw a "roc" but I have Cro/Classic Roc/Champ Gator

haha, that combo of discs I don't throw is pretty nice. I mean, that's what I heard from people. I don't know really

also a new cro and new roc overlap alot.

I use my KC Roc for driving holes between 225 and 275. My other mids are a Cryztal Buzzz and a CFR Gator which are my slightly under and overstable compliments, respectively.

I've got a newer star san marino ROC and a realllllllly old KC pro ROC - so understable it's crazy! (the first disc I ever bought). Other than that, i've got an old viper I found about 5 years ago. I use the viper for overstable/technical shots and the two ROCs cover anything else.

I bought a drone a while ago, but never really liked too much.

I know that a lot of players use only Rocs and rely on stages of wear to cover all their mid-range shots.

This, when I carried Rocs...

Now I'm using Buzzzs and, so far, using the same approach.

True, you may want something to fill a slot until you beat one in, but I saw little need once I had some Rocs that were really seasoned.

Last edited: