• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roy G. Guerrero Park-Austin, TX

there has been a lot of random rainy days which are pushing back the course completion. from what I last heard it is now a march opening.

they will shut down construction for 2-3 days when there is too much rain. The ground apparently can't handle all the trucks and is going to be a very muddy/wet course. The city is really making an effort to create a course that will last and not be eaten away by erosion. I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down after big rains like they do with WILCO

update from troy @ waterloo:

Roy G. Course Update: We hope for Mid-March for a "soft opening" and we will post about it. Later on there will be a "Grand Opening" with the City Officials, media, etc. There is steady work on the course, but the wet weather still reduces the time we can work on it since it makes the ground too soft to operate equipment on; after all, we do NOT want to tear up the ground with ruts and turn around holes

Currently: All Tee Boxes are in, All Pole Holes are In, All Pole Hole Pads (they protect the ground around the basket) are basically alll in, most of the major tree trimming is done for all the holes.

Whats left? A lot of minor/major trash clean up in some work/storage areas, Tee signs are still being made, Tee sign stones need to be in place to mount the signs, benches need to be installed, construction dumpsters need to be removed, water/ground retention stones need to be put in place on some fairways/basket areas, and mulch is needed to be delivered-then spread out. As you can see, we need heavy equipment out there and the soft ground does not help. BUT, these times of no work HELP the grass grow back!! So it is all working to benefit the course. Soon we will call for a work day... TRUST ME ... we will call for you to come help spread mulch, shovel small dirt piles, and dress up/clean up the last bits of trash/limbs/etc. Understand that it is worth the time it has been taking to get this completed for a proper PROFESIONAL course in Austin. When DG'ers work on it... and the City lets the work happen... it gets done quick and correct. It's a BIG BIG course so bring your BIG ARM, attitude for a great challenge, and your camera while playing; you'll feel like you were on vacation (lol) More updates when we can get them... ~Troy Herman

no news on roy g lately. its been raining alot which has slowed production of the course. however,the greens are lush and the course looks great. heres a pic of hole 7 longs :) so beautiful. cant wait

473585_312522405469044_100001338616424_762967_1391638683_o.jpg

no news on roy g lately. its been raining alot which has slowed production of the course. however,the greens are lush and the course looks great. heres a pic of hole 7 longs :) so beautiful. cant wait

473585_312522405469044_100001338616424_762967_1391638683_o.jpg

looks awesome! can't wait for my next trip down...

I went out to help work on this park today. Pretty fun! I'm a complete noob, but to my eyes it's a nice looking park I'll be staying far away from till I'm better ;)

staccat i went to the work day too,probably saw u and spoke to u and didnt know it haha. i was the hispanic dude in black with a long goatee.

anywho,the workday was great,got alot of mulch spread and got to walk the course with olse. this is easily going to be my favorite course! 7 par 4's according to olse. par 61. shortest hole is 288' and birdies will definitely be earned! this course is a big change from the usual . only one cedar tree and the rest are all tall pecans. gorgeous scenery amd bomb tee pads with defined fairways.

lots of risk/reward lines as well. olse said theyre shooting for may 12th to open.

heres a vid of hole 7 of a card of some of the guys who designed it. portable baskets being used since baskets arent in yet. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOkQGw44r9g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latest posts