• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Running over discs

FarFromPar

I've had a few errant throws now where a disc ends up in a street; usually due to a windy drive. Now for some reason, cars and trucks seem to take this as an invitation to try and run over my disc! I would say that nearly half the cars in that lane will purposefully swerve to try and run over it, even as im standing on the side of the road staring at the disc waiting for a safe chance to grab it. This frustrates me to no end as i dont really have a huge disposable income to spend on discs. Anyone else seem to have this problem in their area? Or am i the only dolt who throws into a street? I dont think ive ever noticed any damage to my disc from this but i wonder if it was a particularly domey disc, would it be damaged in any way?

This is my first thread and didnt do a search to see if theres a thread like this so i apologize if there is. I guess just wanted to vent some frustration, and ask if running over a disc can ruin it somehow?

Eh it can hurt but it can also not matter at all. I've seen a champ firebird get sucked up by a park lawn mower and spit back out looking like it was perfectly seasoned lol.

FWIW too a lot of people are probably trying to avoid the disc but suck at driving and think the wheel is under their butt not off to the side a few feet so they swerve and hit it vs miss it'

Gonna be allllllllllright'

Well damn, the people you live by are dicks. At one of my local courses it is pretty easy to end up on the road if you miss you line by even a little bit. Every time is see somebody end up in the road people will go around the discs as to not run them over. I guess we are lucky up here. :p

I've had several disc get run over by vehicles over the years, mainly at Calvary Hill in St. Cloud MN. Several holes play near roads. I've seen people try to avoid running them over but I have also seen people intentionally try to run them over as well.

One time these Dbones saw me throw into the road and were laughing as they were about to run it over. They hit it going about 35 and their suspension made a huge popping sound. I couldn't stop laughing, hoping they popped a tie rod or ball joint on their slammed civic. My Champ Groove was fine.

One time these Dbones saw me throw into the road and were laughing as they were about to run it over. They hit it going about 35 and their suspension made a huge popping sound. I couldn't stop laughing, hoping they popped a tie rod or ball joint on their slammed civic. My Champ Groove was fine.

haha nice!:clap:

Just a thought: you might want to try not throwing into the street...

I overshot the basket in last year's Ace Race and ended up getting my disc ran over. Surprisingly not much damage done to it. If anything, I got to use a slightly more beat in version for the rest of the round :D

If someone parks on a disc golf course, I won't purposefully try to hit their vehicle.
If on the other hand it's possible to bank the shot off the windshield or hood and into the chains, I'd go for it.
So, I think the motorists are in the wrong, unless you land in the natural path of their tires.

I've had a couple get run over, but they weren't much worse for wear. I've also hit a few cars, so I guess we're even. :)

One time these Dbones saw me throw into the road and were laughing as they were about to run it over. They hit it going about 35 and their suspension made a huge popping sound. I couldn't stop laughing, hoping they popped a tie rod or ball joint on their slammed civic. My Champ Groove was significantly improved.
ftfy. I guess I'm lucky to live near tolerant people. I'd be having a long, loud conversation with any asshat who went out of their way to hit my disc. If it happens on accident that's one thing, but swerving to hit it is beyond the pale.

You should thank them for breaking in your disc.

I've seen people deliberately swerve in order to hit discs before, yes. :thmbdown:

My wife threw a disc and it got ran over...very next throw? Ace. Buckets.

I've actually seen someone stop a car, pick a disc up, and drive away. It was on a downhill drive where the road was about 400ish feet away a bit to the right and no amount of yelling stopped the vehicle.

Latest posts