• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] S curve disc?

Weyums3

Bogey Member
Not sure what the proper terminology is, the best way I can describe it is S curve. What I the best S curve driver for a right hand back hand sort of beginner?

Are you talking about a flex shot? Anhyzer release with an OS disc and have it fade back? If that's what your talking about your boss should do that pretty easily for you. How far do you typically drive?

I use an escape from Dynamic Discs to achieve this flight. Released flat it will turn out to the right gently and then fade back to left of middle. (RHBH). I throw it out to about 375ft. An escape is only a speed 9 but will go far so it may be easier to handle for beginners than something OS and speed 12 or 13.

More control> more distance.

I would think the Beast or TL would be a good candidate. If you're truly a beginner, though, you could probably 86 the Wraith, Boss, and Nuke.

Legacy Pinnacle Bandit around 168g ... i would think your Leopard, TL or Beast would be able to do that as well though .. what weight and plastic is your Beasty?

If you are talking about hyzer flipping something for a big s curve, something like a valkyrie does wonders for most players. You can shape a lot of lines with that disc.

As someone said, for a flex shot something like a boss or another overstable disc would work out well

At 250 feet or less, the Skeeter, Panther, and Super-Stingray were great. "Beginners will get max D with this disc."

I like the XL for hyzer turnovers even in tailwinds. You can select the proper plastic type for a players power level.

I see the Boss in your sig. I assume this is for someone else?

Some people are advising to throw understable and some overstable, it all really depends on if you want to throw with anyzer, flat, or hyzer really. What do you feel the most comfortable with?

I agree with the speed 10ish lower side of stable discs like the beast. It was the first disc I could fly that line with, then I found the assassin.

They work equally as well on that shot, the assassin just feels better in my hand.

Maybe a breakdown of all the terminology we're throwing at dude will help him?

I just picked up a Dynamic Discs Witness on a whim the other day, and this might be the ideal disc for the soft s curve.

It has ridiculous glide and feels great in the hand.

Unfortunately, there is no magical S curve every time disc. Fortunately, many discs will give you the desired results if thrown properly. However, properly varies from disc to disc.

No one can say what is best only what they prefer. Like the owl said a lot of discs will do it. I personally like the hatchet, escape, and renegade for it.

The valkyrie is good from innova and the XL from discraft.

It depends on your power level. Stronger throwers will favor something OS like a Firebird thrown on an anhyzer. Lesser arms will want to throw something less stable flat so that it turns but still fades back at the end. If you are somewhere in between, I would suggest an Eagle X or stable Teebird thrown on an anhyzer.

Some people are advising to throw understable and some overstable, it all really depends on if you want to throw with anyzer, flat, or hyzer really. What do you feel the most comfortable with?

yeah i just went with the assumption that by "s" he meant something thrown flat that will turn and then fight back .. but there are so many different ways one can get that flight it can be confusing lol

Latest posts