• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saint v. Volt

dukdukgolf

Birdie Member
OMG another Saint thread. Id love some help deciding from someone that has thrown both. They overlap alot and even feel similier. Im keeping one in the bag.

Also i havent thrown GL saints yet. Being a little more stable is that the main diff from opto or does it have more glide also?

thanks

I have a noodle, and the Volt was more stable for me than the Saint, even in Opto. The flight paths are similar, but I found it easier to turn the Saint if I needed to. The Saint is packed with more glide, but doesn't handle wind as well. It's a crapshoot depending on what your needs are.

The volt rim felt shallow to me. Like it was going to slip out of my fingers at any moment...it flew nice, more stable and maybe a smidgen faster than my GL Saint. But I just didn't like the grip-feel

I spent a couple days/rounds comparing 3 Saints to 3 Volts. I had one really stable volt and my 173 sparkle opto Saint was just as stable and always got a few extra feet on the throws. My two other Volts were less stable than my GL Saint(s).

My favorite Saint is my 173 GL that's a bit seasoned. It is not Sidewinder-flippy (hence my Sidewinders) but it does turn. My favorite shot with it is a slight hyzerflip to straight down a wooded corridor, it ends with a mild forward fade that's not likely to land too far left or skip. I'd suggest getting one of each.

In my experience the volt once put on a line will barely fade out of that line, my saint will hold a line, turnover, and fade if I need it to. I feel like the saint is a longer and has more glide than the volt. The saint feels better as well, imo, I had a white stormtrooper volt that was stiff as a board no give to the plastic. I got rid of it

I think the shock and saint are closer than the saint and volt but who am I?

I spent a couple days/rounds comparing 3 Saints to 3 Volts. I had one really stable volt and my 173 sparkle opto Saint was just as stable and always got a few extra feet on the throws. My two other Volts were less stable than my GL Saint(s).

My favorite Saint is my 173 GL that's a bit seasoned. It is not Sidewinder-flippy (hence my Sidewinders) but it does turn. My favorite shot with it is a slight hyzerflip to straight down a wooded corridor, it ends with a mild forward fade that's not likely to land too far left or skip. I'd suggest getting one of each.

Came here to say this . . . exactly. I carry:
-175 Sparkle Opto that will not turnover unless you force it and even still it will come back reliably.
-172 seasoned GL that will hyzer-flip up to laser beam straight or drift right with a minimal fade at the very end.
-167 Recycled that I'm still trying to figure out. I bought it to beat it in as the understable compliment to my other Saints but the thing just bombs on flex shots. I threw it on a 330 hole the other day and it just wouldn't come down, it finally hit a tree around 400' and fell.

The glide is just insane on the saint.

the volt can handle lower lines better and the turn/fade is tighter than the saints. optos will overlap a ton with volts, but gold line saints can co exist with volts. no volt can do the sweeping annies and hyzerflips to flat like the saint can.

My discs are all in the low 170's. For me the Neutron Volt is a little shorter than the GL and Opto Saint, but it is dead straight with some fade at the end.

Opto saint is more overstable than GL and the Saint seems easier to shape but is more affected by wind.

If I had a tunnel shot, I'd go with the Volt. If I wanted more glide and distance and to shape the shot, I'd go with Saint.

I think the lack of a pronounced fade hurts both molds in windy conditions, when they get blown off course/flipped, they're not well suited for fighting their way back.

I should know more about Saints in the wind, but I pretty reflexively stable up to Teebirds in headwinds and Rivers/Sidewinders in tailwinds.

Latest posts