• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient DG Spec 1 Shoe

ARGH!!!

My wife just found my 3rd pair of Salomons... and now these are coming out. I have a shoe fetish, so while this may be good for me on the course, I don't know how long I can hide them...

I wear a 9, but if its a 1/2 size bigger it might be too sloppy on my foot.

That said, do they come in different widths? I normally wear a 9EEE.

And is there any plan for a woman's model? The wife might be interested.

We have increased the tread on the shoe to make the shoe more suitable for tough terrain.

Ordering info is coming soon.

Finalizing price...any last suggestions on what you think is a good price, be reasonable.

We have increased the tread on the shoe to make the shoe more suitable for tough terrain.

Ordering info is coming soon.

Finalizing price...any last suggestions on what you think is a good price, be reasonable.

Even down 10 more bucks would open up the market so much more. But 95 is still a solid price as shoes like this usually cost 120

someone wake me when they stop hating on the large feet and make size 15. will probably be a long slumber from what i suspect.

Even down 10 more bucks would open up the market so much more. But 95 is still a solid price as shoes like this usually cost 120

Agreed on this point. Even down to $80, if feasible, would be huge. I know many disc golfers - myself included - shop deals and get shoes that retail in the $120+ range for down into the $70 and $80 range. Even if they are DG-specific, it's going to be a tough sell if someone has a choice of SD shoes at $95 versus last year's Salomon or Merrell at the same price. Just my two cents.

Agreed on this point. Even down to $80, if feasible, would be huge. I know many disc golfers - myself included - shop deals and get shoes that retail in the $120+ range for down into the $70 and $80 range. Even if they are DG-specific, it's going to be a tough sell if someone has a choice of SD shoes at $95 versus last year's Salomon or Merrell at the same price. Just my two cents.

Thank you for the input and we do try to listen to the disc golf community as much as possible. I agree with your post and I think we have finalized pricing and details. I will let you guys know when the website is updated and you should be delighted with the price.

Not trying to be a hater or a jerk but damn those are ugly and I think as much as people want to say they buy for function. Im not sure how many people will be willing to shell out 95 bucks for em. Have you considered leaving the sole black but changing fabric colors so they dont look like big black steel toes. Maybe some grey fabric with the black soles and blue material. Like I said not trying to be a jerk or anything just giving my honest opinion.

Just too much of one color in my opinion. Makes em look weird. Grey or tan or light green or something as main color of shoe would help

I noticed the shoes were taken off the website when the Catalyst bag pre-order showed up. Will the shoes be back with a pre-order?

Any date set on the shoes? I am looking to get a new pair, will hold off for one of these if it is not too much longer.

We are happy with the overall look and feel of the DG spec 1. Some of the logos will change in size however the overall shape of the shoe will not change.

Ordering for the DG Spec1 will commence this weekend with pics and features of our disc golf specific shoe.

What you can look forward to is teebox friendly 1 piece rubber sole, full napa leather surround, dual rubber/synthetic toe cap with mesh and durable cambrelle lining giving you breathability with water resistance.

Price is $95 (look for more details on the web page later this week)
Sizes 9-12

I went to the page and found no information under bags/shoes, any updates? I do like the looks of that bag though.

Any date set on the shoes? I am looking to get a new pair, will hold off for one of these if it is not too much longer.

I am with you on this.

I read the comments about the looks before I saw the pic. I was expecting something horrendous. Those don't look too bad. Kind of clunky and sparkly and the logo is just ridiculous but it's wearable and I imagine the finished product will look better. Still don't care for your attitude and how you lashed out at people who thought you were hyping up your discs but I wish you success in the bags, shoes, and discs. It's nice for people to have options. You're making a mistake not offering over size 12 though.